Spiders

Old Feb 7th 2008, 1:45 pm
BE Enthusiast

Location: Sydney AUS - Leeds/Selby/York UK - Sydney AUS (April 2011)
seayork2002 has much to be proud ofseayork2002 has much to be proud ofseayork2002 has much to be proud ofseayork2002 has much to be proud ofseayork2002 has much to be proud ofseayork2002 has much to be proud ofseayork2002 has much to be proud ofseayork2002 has much to be proud ofseayork2002 has much to be proud ofseayork2002 has much to be proud ofseayork2002 has much to be proud of
Default Spiders

Please people do not be scared of spiders. I lived in Australia till my 20's and I saw the odd one or 2 but I never had a problem.

Yes I was bitten but I never felt the bite and was ok after a while but they are not "everywhere" and if you leave them alone they will leave you alone.

I know they might be dangerous but do people here see hedgehogs walking down Oxford Street, or Paddington Bear roaming around, it is just a myth like all the others.
Old Feb 7th 2008, 2:11 pm
BE Forum Addict

Sammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Spiders

Thanks for that reasurrance

I have quite a problem with spiders but am determined not to let my phobia stop me and my family from making the move.

When we were in SA, we were out walking and got talking to an Australian couple. They noticed a spider on the path and a 10 minute discussion followed ed as to what it actually was - one of them thought it was a red back, the other didn't! They admitted they have never seen many spiders, other than the usual house ones and they have lived in Australia for their entire
50+ years.

Sam