spiders

Old Aug 28th 2005, 9:56 pm
one day rodders !!!

robos has a reputation beyond reputerobos has a reputation beyond reputerobos has a reputation beyond reputerobos has a reputation beyond reputerobos has a reputation beyond reputerobos has a reputation beyond reputerobos has a reputation beyond reputerobos has a reputation beyond reputerobos has a reputation beyond reputerobos has a reputation beyond reputerobos has a reputation beyond repute
Red face spiders

my hubby keeps saying to me what the hell are you going to do when we get there as i hate spiders and hyperventilate at the mention
i tell him im fine and will be sorted by the time we get there (next year with a bit of luck)
but an hour ago there was a humungous one on the stairs and i froze i was calm though but couldnt move or breathe
now im a bit worried myself
i know they are big in oz but are there really as many as people say ?
if i dont see them too often ill be fine

thanx jan xxxx
Old Aug 28th 2005, 10:04 pm
¤¤¤ • ¤¤¤ • ¤¤¤ • ¤¤¤

DollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: spiders

Originally Posted by robos
my hubby keeps saying to me what the hell are you going to do when we get there as i hate spiders and hyperventilate at the mention
i tell him im fine and will be sorted by the time we get there (next year with a bit of luck)
but an hour ago there was a humungous one on the stairs and i froze i was calm though but couldnt move or breathe

thanx jan xxxx
Hi Jan,

Yep, can't deny that they can get rather big but I really don't think there's one lurking around every corner. I've seen posts on here from people who haven't had a huntsman encounter in over a year.... I've come to the conclusion that they're there, they aint going anywhere so we'll have to deal with them when we see them. I'm pooping myself at the thought but it's not going to change anything...we'll just have to get on with it.

So, basically you'll be fine. I think if we only have the occasional episode then we can cope with it, right?

D D

PS I think we ought to get a thread going to rival the dieters for oz thread and call it antipodean arachnophobes thread
Old Aug 28th 2005, 10:05 pm
lor
BE Forum Addict

lor has a reputation beyond reputelor has a reputation beyond reputelor has a reputation beyond reputelor has a reputation beyond reputelor has a reputation beyond reputelor has a reputation beyond reputelor has a reputation beyond reputelor has a reputation beyond reputelor has a reputation beyond reputelor has a reputation beyond reputelor has a reputation beyond repute

Hi ,i know how you feel,not with spiders though
my big fear is snake's or anything long and wiggly
I'm trying acupuncture this week then I'm off down the pet shop,to see if it works! I'll let you know.Lor
Old Aug 28th 2005, 10:06 pm
one day rodders !!!

robos has a reputation beyond reputerobos has a reputation beyond reputerobos has a reputation beyond reputerobos has a reputation beyond reputerobos has a reputation beyond reputerobos has a reputation beyond reputerobos has a reputation beyond reputerobos has a reputation beyond reputerobos has a reputation beyond reputerobos has a reputation beyond reputerobos has a reputation beyond repute

good luck lor i hope it works
Old Aug 28th 2005, 10:08 pm
lor
BE Forum Addict

lor has a reputation beyond reputelor has a reputation beyond reputelor has a reputation beyond reputelor has a reputation beyond reputelor has a reputation beyond reputelor has a reputation beyond reputelor has a reputation beyond reputelor has a reputation beyond reputelor has a reputation beyond reputelor has a reputation beyond reputelor has a reputation beyond repute

good luck lor i hope it works
So do i :scared:
Old Aug 28th 2005, 10:08 pm
one day rodders !!!

Originally Posted by DollyDaydream
Hi Jan,

Yep, can't deny that they can get rather big but I really don't think there's one lurking around every corner. I've seen posts on here from people who haven't had a huntsman encounter in over a year.... I've come to the conclusion that they're there, they aint going anywhere so we'll have to deal with them when we see them. I'm pooping myself at the thought but it's not going to change anything...we'll just have to get on with it.

So, basically you'll be fine. I think if we only have the occasional episode then we can cope with it, right?

D D

PS I think we ought to get a thread going to rival the dieters for oz thread and call it antipodean arachnophobes thread
hey dd glad to know im not the only one
im with you on that idea of a thread to rival the dieters for oz one

jan xx
Old Aug 28th 2005, 10:15 pm
¤¤¤ • ¤¤¤ • ¤¤¤ • ¤¤¤

DollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond repute

hey dd glad to know im not the only one
im with you on that idea of a thread to rival the dieters for oz one

jan xx
Off you go then Jan, I'm right behind you It could be massive!!!!!!!!

D D
Old Aug 28th 2005, 10:20 pm
wombat42

Oz has the biggest, the ugliest and most venomous spiders in the world and the country is teeming with them because the large numbers of flies in Oz means they have an unlimited food source. Theres enough venom in one funnel web bite to kill 20 men. In OZ you will be living in the Spiders habitat so you will have to get used to living with them.

Old Aug 28th 2005, 10:26 pm
lor
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by wombat42
Oz has the biggest, the ugliest and most venomous spiders in the world and the country is teeming with them because the large numbers of flies in Oz means they have an unlimited food source. Theres enough venom in one funnel web bite to kill 20 men. In OZ you will be living in the Spiders habitat so you will have to get used to living with them.
Nothing like letting you know gently!
Old Aug 28th 2005, 10:34 pm
Banned

Megalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant future

thanx jan xxxx
After two hundred years of Pom immo invasion, Aus spiders have evolved new survival behaviors. They now aggressively and mercilessly mass attack all arachnophobics regardless of nationality. The first you see will be your last.
Old Aug 28th 2005, 11:12 pm
Forum Regular

nik04 has a brilliant futurenik04 has a brilliant futurenik04 has a brilliant futurenik04 has a brilliant futurenik04 has a brilliant futurenik04 has a brilliant futurenik04 has a brilliant future

thanx jan xxxx
There not that big just try to think of them as cats with 8 legs
Old Aug 28th 2005, 11:16 pm
Can't re member

welshpom is just really nicewelshpom is just really nicewelshpom is just really nicewelshpom is just really nicewelshpom is just really nicewelshpom is just really nicewelshpom is just really nicewelshpom is just really nice

You can buy surface sprays that kill spiders for up to 6 months.

We rarely see spiders in the house, though we do have a 'pet' huntsman named "Spidey" who is now playing a game of 'guess where I am today'. Spidey is left alone because his job is to catch any little'uns.

Spidey is not welcome in the bedroom - if he ever finds his way in there he will be thrown outside.
Old Aug 28th 2005, 11:40 pm
one day rodders !!!

Originally Posted by welshpom
You can buy surface sprays that kill spiders for up to 6 months.

We rarely see spiders in the house, though we do have a 'pet' huntsman named "Spidey" who is now playing a game of 'guess where I am today'. Spidey is left alone because his job is to catch any little'uns.

Spidey is not welcome in the bedroom - if he ever finds his way in there he will be thrown outside.

thankx w i will have to buy the local shops out when we get there so you should stock up now before i get there

jan & gaz xx
lol
Old Aug 29th 2005, 12:29 am
BE Forum Addict

whisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond repute

We live out on acreage and find we have lots of spiders wanting to visit.

I spray outside under the alfresco area with surface spray.

I have a can of spray by the back door on the window sill.
One at the side door.
One in the cupboard in the laundry.
And one in the kitchen cupboard.
Then if it happens to be a redback or something gross, my size 6 happens to be quite handy, whether it is on or off my foot.

Last year my poor dog was in the vets for 2 days after being bitten by a spider. She was in a real state within a very short time.

I always used to leave the spiders in the UK, but I dont risk it here, and although I don't like killing things, they sure do seem to be in high numbers here.

Whisky
Old Aug 29th 2005, 2:54 am
BE Forum Addict

cranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond repute

thanx jan xxxx
Hi jan, there is no point in saying you wont see any, cause you will, but you just have to spray round everywhere, and then you wont get many. My fear is the ssss, cant even say the word, if i see one im going home.
But the thing you really have to worry about are the bloody mossys, they eat you alive.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.