Spider Experts?

Old Feb 11th 2009, 9:11 am
Account Closed

PaulandNic is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Spider Experts?

Can anyone confirm these are baby Huntsmen?

We noticed last night about a trillion of them on the ceiling. Ok, not quite a trillion, but bloody loads! In one rough square metre I counted 24 ...

Now the good bit is they're only this big:

When looking around earlier I see a Redback nest in a corner, along with 3 of these little things waiting to be eaten I guess.

I just hope it can eat and drink sewage water at the same time ...

Huntsmen anyone?
Old Feb 11th 2009, 9:17 am
mmmmmm duff

MarkMC is a glorious beacon of lightMarkMC is a glorious beacon of lightMarkMC is a glorious beacon of lightMarkMC is a glorious beacon of lightMarkMC is a glorious beacon of lightMarkMC is a glorious beacon of lightMarkMC is a glorious beacon of lightMarkMC is a glorious beacon of lightMarkMC is a glorious beacon of lightMarkMC is a glorious beacon of lightMarkMC is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Spider Experts?

Originally Posted by PaulandNic
TiddlyP is the expert.

Give them a few days, if they are Huntsmen they will grow
Old Feb 11th 2009, 9:23 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by MarkMC
TiddlyP is the expert.

Give them a few days, if they are Huntsmen they will grow
Ah ok I'll hope she see's this.

Funny thing is they all disappeared during the day, but as the night drew in they're back!

Not really a prob, altho I did jump a bit when I felt one on the back of my neck as I was drifting off last night. Nic reckons I dreampt it ...
Old Feb 11th 2009, 9:23 am
BE Enthusiast

homewardbound has much to be proud ofhomewardbound has much to be proud ofhomewardbound has much to be proud ofhomewardbound has much to be proud ofhomewardbound has much to be proud ofhomewardbound has much to be proud ofhomewardbound has much to be proud ofhomewardbound has much to be proud ofhomewardbound has much to be proud ofhomewardbound has much to be proud ofhomewardbound has much to be proud of

my vote is yes for huntsman... but im no expert - they are cute huh! we have one baby here but he is about an inch big... very cute!
Old Feb 11th 2009, 9:34 am
Just Joined

welovebonds is an unknown quantity at this point

Well, the other other day my little boy said to me, 'wow that's a huge spider'...so I look up to where he is pointing to and I couldn't believe my eyes. This biggest spider I have ever seen out of the zoo.....so I run and get the spray and spray it, which doesn't seem to do any good. So it comes down onto the floor and onto a small toy box. I knock it off the box and then get the box and put it on top of it along with a couple of heavy books. So my oh comes home and he lifts the box and there is the biggest Huntsman, beautifully pressed. It's fangs were huge.....so not sure how it got in but now on the look out for more. Would put a pic up but we used the cam corder.
Old Feb 11th 2009, 10:10 am
No Clean Feed

bigAPE has a reputation beyond reputebigAPE has a reputation beyond reputebigAPE has a reputation beyond reputebigAPE has a reputation beyond reputebigAPE has a reputation beyond reputebigAPE has a reputation beyond reputebigAPE has a reputation beyond reputebigAPE has a reputation beyond reputebigAPE has a reputation beyond reputebigAPE has a reputation beyond reputebigAPE has a reputation beyond repute

Yep, that's a baby Huntsman.
Old Feb 11th 2009, 10:17 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by bigAPE
Yep, that's a baby Huntsman.
So at least a few hundred running all over the place is a clear sign the place needs spraying me thinks.

Had a nest of Redbacks last year, now this lot, better get nipped in the bud as a heap of BIG Huntsmen wouldn't be much fun ...

Oh and thanks ...
Old Feb 11th 2009, 10:21 am
BE Enthusiast

homewardbound has much to be proud ofhomewardbound has much to be proud ofhomewardbound has much to be proud ofhomewardbound has much to be proud ofhomewardbound has much to be proud ofhomewardbound has much to be proud ofhomewardbound has much to be proud ofhomewardbound has much to be proud ofhomewardbound has much to be proud ofhomewardbound has much to be proud ofhomewardbound has much to be proud of

Yes but the huntsmen are the guardsmen of the house and they keep the redbacks and whitetails at bay.

Better off catching them and putting them outside so they can clear ur perimeter if you dont want them in the house...
Old Feb 11th 2009, 10:30 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by homewardbound
Yes but the huntsmen are the guardsmen of the house and they keep the redbacks and whitetails at bay.

Better off catching them and putting them outside so they can clear ur perimeter if you dont want them in the house...
Yeah I hear this, but to be honest we get heaps anyway. I often look out of the kitchen window which faces a retainer wall and see a beast on it ...
Old Feb 11th 2009, 10:44 am
Forum Regular

criodain has much to be proud ofcriodain has much to be proud ofcriodain has much to be proud ofcriodain has much to be proud ofcriodain has much to be proud ofcriodain has much to be proud ofcriodain has much to be proud ofcriodain has much to be proud ofcriodain has much to be proud ofcriodain has much to be proud ofcriodain has much to be proud of

The one things that would put me off living there. Spiders.
Old Feb 11th 2009, 10:51 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Yeah I hear this, but to be honest we get heaps anyway. I often look out of the kitchen window which faces a retainer wall and see a beast on it ...
Excuse me? I've been to your place I am never, repeat never, coming round again. You slept with those things More than four legs and the spray comes out, don't care how useful they are
Old Feb 11th 2009, 10:54 am
Banned

mr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond repute

God you lot are soft , no wonder you never win any thing............mm
Old Feb 11th 2009, 11:13 am
Recession Surfing 2006 ->

Zambia has a reputation beyond reputeZambia has a reputation beyond reputeZambia has a reputation beyond reputeZambia has a reputation beyond reputeZambia has a reputation beyond reputeZambia has a reputation beyond reputeZambia has a reputation beyond reputeZambia has a reputation beyond reputeZambia has a reputation beyond reputeZambia has a reputation beyond reputeZambia has a reputation beyond repute

We noticed last night about a trillion of them on the ceiling. Ok, not quite a trillion, but bloody loads! In one rough square metre I counted 24 ...

Now the good bit is they're only this big:

When looking around earlier I see a Redback nest in a corner, along with 3 of these little things waiting to be eaten I guess.

I just hope it can eat and drink sewage water at the same time ...

Huntsmen anyone?
Yeap thats one
Old Feb 11th 2009, 11:22 am
Hasta la victoria siempre

johnnyx0 is a glorious beacon of lightjohnnyx0 is a glorious beacon of lightjohnnyx0 is a glorious beacon of lightjohnnyx0 is a glorious beacon of lightjohnnyx0 is a glorious beacon of lightjohnnyx0 is a glorious beacon of lightjohnnyx0 is a glorious beacon of lightjohnnyx0 is a glorious beacon of lightjohnnyx0 is a glorious beacon of lightjohnnyx0 is a glorious beacon of lightjohnnyx0 is a glorious beacon of light

I had a great big (7-8 inch across) huntsman living behind the headlight in my old van. It used to frighten the hell out of me every time it came to servicing the van...

Then one day while driving along he decided to come out of his hidey-hole and have a wander across the windscreen. I put the windscreen wipers on, and I must say, he put up a damn good struggle against the wiper. He nearly won! The wipers stopped for a few seconds as he bravely tried to push it back, the wiper motor made a nasty squealing sound, and then they pushed him off the screen. Gone - or so I thought. Until the day came to change the bulb in the headlight and there he was again!

I sold the van to a nice German couple who are off touring the NT, and giving spidey a nice holiday! I just hope they don't have to put their hand down behind the headlight.....
Old Feb 11th 2009, 6:21 pm
BE Enthusiast

claretandblue is a jewel in the roughclaretandblue is a jewel in the roughclaretandblue is a jewel in the roughclaretandblue is a jewel in the roughclaretandblue is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by johnnyx0
I had a great big (7-8 inch across) huntsman living behind the headlight in my old van. It used to frighten the hell out of me every time it came to servicing the van...

Then one day while driving along he decided to come out of his hidey-hole and have a wander across the windscreen. I put the windscreen wipers on, and I must say, he put up a damn good struggle against the wiper. He nearly won! The wipers stopped for a few seconds as he bravely tried to push it back, the wiper motor made a nasty squealing sound, and then they pushed him off the screen. Gone - or so I thought. Until the day came to change the bulb in the headlight and there he was again!

I sold the van to a nice German couple who are off touring the NT, and giving spidey a nice holiday! I just hope they don't have to put their hand down behind the headlight.....

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.