Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Spider catcher for those who fear them!

Spider catcher for those who fear them!

Old Aug 8th 2006, 5:29 am
Home in 2010.

The Koalas is just really niceThe Koalas is just really niceThe Koalas is just really niceThe Koalas is just really niceThe Koalas is just really niceThe Koalas is just really niceThe Koalas is just really niceThe Koalas is just really niceThe Koalas is just really niceThe Koalas is just really niceThe Koalas is just really nice
Default Spider catcher for those who fear them!

Hi
I just purchased one of these spider catchers before I get to OZ, I really do not like spiders but can not kill them and as some of you may be aware when you do batter them with a shoe some are still alive :scared:

My Sons hate me killing them so have compromised with one of these. You can see them bieng demonstrated if you click on the video below the ad. Not for the squeemish though.

Jayne

http://www.iwantoneofthose.com/SPICAT.htm#top
Old Aug 8th 2006, 5:33 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Spider catcher for those who fear them!

Originally Posted by Eric the Viking
Hi
I just purchased one of these spider catchers before I get to OZ, I really do not like spiders but can not kill them and as some of you may be aware when you do batter them with a shoe some are still alive :scared:

My Sons hate me killing them so have compromised with one of these. You can see them bieng demonstrated if you click on the video below the ad. Not for the squeemish though.

Jayne

I don't think it will be much use for Huntsmen though
Old Aug 8th 2006, 5:39 am
BE Forum Addict

nickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond repute

I used to have one of those in the UK ! Thing is if you get one with a small body and long legs they used to wriggle out of it ! just used it to batter them to death with it in the end !

Nicky

Last edited by nickyjohnt; Aug 8th 2006 at 6:43 am.
Old Aug 8th 2006, 6:09 am

gedge has disabled reputation

Originally Posted by moneypen20
maybe they do them dustbin sized?
Old Aug 8th 2006, 6:17 am
Account Closed

iPom is an unknown quantity at this point

That'll be no match for a big one. I've seen them resist the strongest vacuum cleaner suction.
Old Aug 8th 2006, 6:19 am
Forum Regular

Sue Findlay is just really niceSue Findlay is just really niceSue Findlay is just really niceSue Findlay is just really niceSue Findlay is just really niceSue Findlay is just really niceSue Findlay is just really niceSue Findlay is just really nice

Knowing my luck, after chasing it all around the house. It would somehow manage to grab hold of one of the prongs, run up the side and up the sleeve of my shirt. :scared:

What works for me is getting my husband to the dirty deed, he likes to think he is tough, however, he needs reminding of this when these creepy little b*****ds are running around.

Prevention is better than cure, I will be getting the house sprayed at regular intervals to keep the little (or rather not so little) beggars at bay

Sue
Old Aug 8th 2006, 6:46 am
BE Forum Addict

nickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Sue Findlay
Knowing my luck, after chasing it all around the house. It would somehow manage to grab hold of one of the prongs, run up the side and up the sleeve of my shirt. :scared:

What works for me is getting my husband to the dirty deed, he likes to think he is tough, however, he needs reminding of this when these creepy little b*****ds are running around.

Prevention is better than cure, I will be getting the house sprayed at regular intervals to keep the little (or rather not so little) beggars at bay

Sue
You have just reminded me to sort that out ! Moving in to our new house on friday. will sort out spraying ASAP !

Nicky
Old Aug 8th 2006, 6:52 am
Just Joined

Shell & Ash is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by moneypen20
Certainly not for the Huntsmen I have encountered. They run too bloody fast. You wouldn't have time to fetch that contraption, before it had galloped off somewhere else!!!
Old Aug 8th 2006, 6:54 am
Just Joined

Shell & Ash is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by nickyjohnt
You have just reminded me to sort that out ! Moving in to our new house on friday. will sort out spraying ASAP !

Nicky

We too are moving at the weekend and the biggest Huntsman I ever did see was at the new house. Me thinks a trip to Bunnings for amunition is called for (and then onto BWS for something to calm the nerves!)
Old Aug 8th 2006, 6:56 am
Account Closed

LOL - galloping huntsmen!
Old Aug 8th 2006, 7:04 am
Forum Regular

gozzey is just really nicegozzey is just really nicegozzey is just really nicegozzey is just really nicegozzey is just really nicegozzey is just really nicegozzey is just really nicegozzey is just really nice

Originally Posted by nickyjohnt

Nicky
Would having your house sprayed stop the huntsman coming in as it is so big?
Old Aug 8th 2006, 7:10 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Shell & Ash
We too are moving at the weekend and the biggest Huntsman I ever did see was at the new house. Me thinks a trip to Bunnings for amunition is called for (and then onto BWS for something to calm the nerves!)

:scared: Going to get a professional to do mine, they know where they like to hide & also lay there thousands of eggs !!!! ( ugh going all shivery writing this ) !

Good luck with your move ! i meant to be packing but keep having a break to go on BE ! )

Nicky
Old Aug 8th 2006, 7:16 am
BE Enthusiast

john_w has a reputation beyond reputejohn_w has a reputation beyond reputejohn_w has a reputation beyond reputejohn_w has a reputation beyond reputejohn_w has a reputation beyond reputejohn_w has a reputation beyond reputejohn_w has a reputation beyond reputejohn_w has a reputation beyond reputejohn_w has a reputation beyond reputejohn_w has a reputation beyond reputejohn_w has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by gozzey
Would having your house sprayed stop the huntsman coming in as it is so big?
Can anyone else picture a F* off huge huntsman, spraying that stuff under its arms like deoderant and laughing ...just after its shoved the spider catcher up Eric the vikings arse !!
Old Aug 8th 2006, 7:27 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by john_w
Can anyone else picture a F* off huge huntsman, spraying that stuff under its arms like deoderant and laughing ...just after its shoved the spider catcher up Eric the vikings arse !!

I have seen people empty a whole can of spray onto a huntsman once they'd sucked it off their kid's wall.

It crawled out after half an hour after finding its way out of the pipe at the top.

Stupid people. It's not like they're even dangerous.
Old Aug 8th 2006, 7:31 am
Banned

232Bar has a reputation beyond repute232Bar has a reputation beyond repute232Bar has a reputation beyond repute232Bar has a reputation beyond repute232Bar has a reputation beyond repute232Bar has a reputation beyond repute232Bar has a reputation beyond repute232Bar has a reputation beyond repute232Bar has a reputation beyond repute232Bar has a reputation beyond repute232Bar has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Eric the Viking
Hi

Jayne

Do you realize they bounce your helmet would be more good or as already mentioned a hoover for those in high places.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.