Speeding Ticket

Old Aug 9th 2005, 1:25 am
Just Joined

StarJam will become famous soon enoughStarJam will become famous soon enough
Angry Speeding Ticket

Arghh! I’ve just received a speeding ticket (61kph in a 50kph). I’m just off to pay and post it and I’ve just realised that declaration at the bottom needs to be signed by

a Police Officer, Barrister of Solicitor, Pharmacist, School Principal, Doctor, Bank Manager or and other person authorized to witness Statutory Declaration Act 1959.

Has any one been as naughty as me and got a ticket and not had it signed by one of the above? It just seems like such a pain in the … when I in the UK you can just post it.
Old Aug 9th 2005, 1:31 am
ABCDiamond

Default Re: Speeding Ticket

Originally Posted by StarJam
Arghh! I’ve just received a speeding ticket (61kph in a 50kph). I’m just off to pay and post it and I’ve just realised that declaration at the bottom needs to be signed by

a Police Officer, Barrister of Solicitor, Pharmacist, School Principal, Doctor, Bank Manager or and other person authorized to witness Statutory Declaration Act 1959.

Has any one been as naughty as me and got a ticket and not had it signed by one of the above? It just seems like such a pain in the … when I in the UK you can just post it.
Does it really need to be signed if you are paying it ?

I don't recall doing any of mine Just paid by BPAY or credit card over the phone.

I think that is only for if you are saying it wasn't you driving

Old Aug 9th 2005, 1:51 am
Just Joined

StarJam will become famous soon enoughStarJam will become famous soon enough

Oh, that makes sense
Old Aug 9th 2005, 6:30 am
BE Forum Addict

manxfamily has a reputation beyond reputemanxfamily has a reputation beyond reputemanxfamily has a reputation beyond reputemanxfamily has a reputation beyond reputemanxfamily has a reputation beyond reputemanxfamily has a reputation beyond reputemanxfamily has a reputation beyond reputemanxfamily has a reputation beyond reputemanxfamily has a reputation beyond reputemanxfamily has a reputation beyond reputemanxfamily has a reputation beyond repute

ABC Diamond, receiving a speeding ticket... no way!!

Where did you find the time to go out in the car. I bet you can have statistics about speeding offences in Queensland

Seriously though, I hear the Police in Australia are extremely strict on driving offences, I heard that one of their favourites is cars not staying on their own side of the road. Even if your wheel touches the centre line you would be pulled over and grilled.

Last edited by manxfamily; Aug 9th 2005 at 6:30 am. Reason: spelling
Old Aug 9th 2005, 8:38 am
Grumpy Old Woman!!

Moody Cow is a jewel in the roughMoody Cow is a jewel in the roughMoody Cow is a jewel in the roughMoody Cow is a jewel in the roughMoody Cow is a jewel in the rough

Seriously though, I hear the Police in Australia are extremely strict on driving offences, I heard that one of their favourites is cars not staying on their own side of the road. Even if your wheel touches the centre line you would be pulled over and grilled.[/QUOTE]

You'd better believe it!

Both my hubby and I have received tickets for not indicating when changing lanes. I got mine when I was stopped on my way home at midnight, they said my speed was eratic..don't know how as I had my cruise control set at the speed limit! Then they breathalised me and I passed so I guess they had to justify stopping me for something and issued me a ticket for not signalling to merge even though the lane was ending and there wasn't a car (except theirs) for 500 yards!!!!

Both hubby and I have also received speeding tickets, his was a handheld and mine was one of those multinova things. I can honestly say that I have never had a ticket in my life before coming to Oz and I've lived in the UK and the USA. I was also pulled over for a random breathe test a couple of weeks back, I don't drink much and certainly not on my way home from work so I got the all clear again.

Its just the usual story, motorists being a soft target. I was tempted to say to the cop when they stopped me that they were spending a small fortune on promoting "designated drivers" on the telly and yet here I was freezing my butt off on the side of the road in a ball gown! Not encouraging. I'm quite paranoid about going out at night now, especially as when I went to get a takeaway last Friday night half the hoons in Perth were tailgating me! Where are the cops then eh?

MC
Old Aug 9th 2005, 1:42 pm
BE Enthusiast

NIGENABBY is just really niceNIGENABBY is just really niceNIGENABBY is just really niceNIGENABBY is just really niceNIGENABBY is just really niceNIGENABBY is just really niceNIGENABBY is just really niceNIGENABBY is just really niceNIGENABBY is just really niceNIGENABBY is just really nice

Speeding (and all other road offences generally) is taken much more seriously in Australia than it is here. You can be booked for speeding in a residential street (50km/ph in Vic) you can be booked for going as low as 1km over the limit - be very aware.

There are no signs saying there are cameras in the area, no lines on the roads and every police car has a speed camera.

The random breath testing" is also not very random on the Eastern Freeway almost every Friday night they stop every car and every Saturday morning there are a line of cars for people who have lost their licence on the spot.

Every cop car is also authorised to breath test you.

The mere fact you are driving on a public road means you may be pulled over by a police car and breath tested the police also have no lea way or discretion, if you are 0.05 you will be booked.

My advice, just be careful
Old Aug 9th 2005, 1:53 pm
Master of verbal pish©

soapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond repute

ive had two parking tickets for parking in the wrong place
the second one was funny though. i had only been here about 2 or 3 weeks and nipped in to an ATM. then spotted the warden writing a ticket, ran and jumped in to the car and drove off laughing at him running after me down the street. the diddy didnt even get to stick it on my car
aye right, whos the diddy....he didnt need to as i found out about a week later
Old Aug 9th 2005, 2:10 pm
Home at last

michellemac is a name known to allmichellemac is a name known to allmichellemac is a name known to allmichellemac is a name known to allmichellemac is a name known to allmichellemac is a name known to allmichellemac is a name known to allmichellemac is a name known to allmichellemac is a name known to allmichellemac is a name known to allmichellemac is a name known to all

Yes, if you do something "wrong" you are FAR more liklely to be caught in Oz than in the UK, and this is the main reason why it seems like everyone drives so slowly over there - there is every chance they'll get caught! So on the UK motorway most people don't think twice about doing 80MPH or even 90 in some cases and wouldn't expect to get caught even if they did go past a police car, but just going 5-10KMph (3-7 MPH!) over on a Perth freeway would run a very real risk of getting a ticket.

I once got 6 demerit points for not stopping for LONG ENOUGH at a stop sign! I stopped, just not for long enough!

My British husband laughs at me for indicating when I change back into a slow lane on the Motorway or when merging but I guess I'll have the last laugh when he gets a ticket when we live in Australia!

Michele