Speeding fines

Old Nov 4th 2005, 6:01 am
Forum Regular

Mandyisere is just really niceMandyisere is just really niceMandyisere is just really niceMandyisere is just really niceMandyisere is just really niceMandyisere is just really niceMandyisere is just really niceMandyisere is just really niceMandyisere is just really nice
Angry Speeding fines

As well as gas bill, orthodontist bill and a pile of junk today the postman brought a speeding fine!!!!!

Apparently i was doing 69kmh in a 60 zone and now have to pay $131 and have a demerit point.

They are so annoying, hiding behind bushes and parked vans, well they shall wait until the due date for my payment and not get my money a minute sooner than they have to.

Thats my rant for the day over with, good luck fellow drivers

Mandy
Old Nov 4th 2005, 6:10 am
been there........

TheCrone has much to be proud ofTheCrone has much to be proud ofTheCrone has much to be proud ofTheCrone has much to be proud ofTheCrone has much to be proud ofTheCrone has much to be proud ofTheCrone has much to be proud ofTheCrone has much to be proud ofTheCrone has much to be proud ofTheCrone has much to be proud ofTheCrone has much to be proud of
Default Re: Speeding fines

Originally Posted by Mandyisere
As well as gas bill, orthodontist bill and a pile of junk today the postman brought a speeding fine!!!!!

Apparently i was doing 69kmh in a 60 zone and now have to pay $131 and have a demerit point.

They are so annoying, hiding behind bushes and parked vans, well they shall wait until the due date for my payment and not get my money a minute sooner than they have to.

Mandy
As I keep saying to my lead-footed daughter, speed limits are there for a reason. They're well sign-posted, so if you don't stick to them and you get caught, DON'T GRUMBLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited by TheCrone; Nov 4th 2005 at 6:13 am. Reason: typo
Old Nov 4th 2005, 6:18 am
Banned

Location: I refuse to answer on the grounds it may incriminate me
Luke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond repute

Mandy
and of course the presumption is that your are guilty
Old Nov 4th 2005, 6:25 am

Centurion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Luke I Amyofath
and of course the presumption is that your are guilty
Thats why you can go to Court if you want to. I am not squeeky clean and had points on my licence in the UK, strangely none here so far, due to a liking to sportsbikes. But the fact remains the limits are there for a reason and if they were not enforced then none of us would bother with them. Thats all very well until a loved one or someone you know dies.

Its still not nice getting a ticket in the post though
Old Nov 4th 2005, 6:30 am
Just Joined

StarJam will become famous soon enoughStarJam will become famous soon enough

I feel for you... I got a speeding ticket for doing 69 in a 60 too! 60 just feels soooo slooow... Yes I know that limits are there for a reason before any speed police jump on my back
Old Nov 4th 2005, 7:49 am
BE Forum Addict

woodyinoz has a reputation beyond reputewoodyinoz has a reputation beyond reputewoodyinoz has a reputation beyond reputewoodyinoz has a reputation beyond reputewoodyinoz has a reputation beyond reputewoodyinoz has a reputation beyond reputewoodyinoz has a reputation beyond reputewoodyinoz has a reputation beyond reputewoodyinoz has a reputation beyond reputewoodyinoz has a reputation beyond reputewoodyinoz has a reputation beyond repute

You were lucky. If you was doing 1 more kph then you would have got a $200 fine with 3 points :scared:
Old Nov 4th 2005, 8:48 am
Forum Regular

Mandyisere is just really niceMandyisere is just really niceMandyisere is just really niceMandyisere is just really niceMandyisere is just really niceMandyisere is just really niceMandyisere is just really niceMandyisere is just really niceMandyisere is just really nice

Originally Posted by woodyinoz
You were lucky. If you was doing 1 more kph then you would have got a $200 fine with 3 points :scared:
Really, thats awful. I don't feel so hard done to now. I'm going driving down that same road soon and i will stick to the speed limit, I wouldn't mind it used to be 70 on that road and then they changed it to 60.

Mandy
Old Nov 4th 2005, 9:35 am
Account Closed

Hels is an unknown quantity at this point

Really, thats awful. I don't feel so hard done to now. I'm going driving down that same road soon and i will stick to the speed limit, I wouldn't mind it used to be 70 on that road and then they changed it to 60.

Mandy

Do you still have your UK licence??

Hubby got a ticket a few months ago and the cop in the station that I talked to said that as he still has his UK licence they wont follow it up!!

Hubby luckily STILL has his UK licence as he got yet another ticket in the post the other day...64klm in a 60 zone...

Gonna send it back also with his UK licence details on it...
Old Nov 4th 2005, 10:08 am
BE Enthusiast

Jensen Healey is a splendid one to beholdJensen Healey is a splendid one to beholdJensen Healey is a splendid one to beholdJensen Healey is a splendid one to beholdJensen Healey is a splendid one to beholdJensen Healey is a splendid one to beholdJensen Healey is a splendid one to beholdJensen Healey is a splendid one to beholdJensen Healey is a splendid one to beholdJensen Healey is a splendid one to beholdJensen Healey is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Hels
Do you still have your UK licence??

Hubby got a ticket a few months ago and the cop in the station that I talked to said that as he still has his UK licence they wont follow it up!!

Hubby luckily STILL has his UK licence as he got yet another ticket in the post the other day...64klm in a 60 zone...

Gonna send it back also with his UK licence details on it...
There was a great story a while ago about a guy in the UK who got done for speeding. As part of the evidence the police sent a photo of his car taken by the Gatso camera and an invoice for the fine. The guy sent a photo of a cheque as his payment. Mr Plod sent back a photo of a pair of handcuffs. Bloke paid his fine!
Old Nov 4th 2005, 10:09 am
Account Closed

Hels is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Jensen Healey
There was a great story a while ago about a guy in the UK who got done for speeding. As part of the evidence the police sent a photo of his car taken by the Gatso camera and an invoice for the fine. The guy sent a photo of a cheque as his payment. Mr Plod sent back a photo of a pair of handcuffs. Bloke paid his fine!

LOL thats a good one....