Speeding fines?

Old May 3rd 2005, 10:21 am
Forum Regular

BSherlock will become famous soon enoughBSherlock will become famous soon enough
Default Speeding fines?

Hello fellow forum goers

What's the deal on speeding in Aus? Do they have a point system like us in the UK? I currently have 3 points on my U.K licence, will they be transferred to my Queensland license when I move? or do I get a clean start?

Thanks
Ben
Old May 3rd 2005, 10:40 am

biggy is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Speeding fines?

Originally Posted by BSherlock
Hello fellow forum goers

What's the deal on speeding in Aus? Do they have a point system like us in the UK? I currently have 3 points on my U.K licence, will they be transferred to my Queensland license when I move? or do I get a clean start?

Thanks
Ben
they r very strict here fir speedin mind u no as stricy as NSW....My mate got clocked at 125kmph in a 100 zone....just before crossing into NSW....he got an on the spot $250 fine and 3 points....had he been in NSW it would have been double fine and double points and he would have lost his license
Old May 3rd 2005, 10:56 am
ah-beng

spalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by biggy
they r very strict here fir speedin mind u no as stricy as NSW....My mate got clocked at 125kmph in a 100 zone....just before crossing into NSW....he got an on the spot $250 fine and 3 points....had he been in NSW it would have been double fine and double points and he would have lost his license
They seem to be everywhere here..saw one hiding in a hedge in the central reservation on the pacific highway yesterday..luckily I had been nagging my husband all the way to be careful and watch his speed.

Spalens wife
Old May 3rd 2005, 11:00 am

biggy is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by spalen
They seem to be everywhere here..saw one hiding in a hedge in the central reservation on the pacific highway yesterday..luckily I had been nagging my husband all the way to be careful and watch his speed.

Spalens wife
yeah they r buggers....seem to hide everywhere they do
Old May 3rd 2005, 11:04 am
ABCDiamond

Hello fellow forum goers

Thanks
Ben
Speeding Penalties in QLD
Driving less than 13 km/h over the speed limit - 1 Point $100.00 Fine
Driving at least 13 km/h, but not more than 20 km/h - 3 Points $150.00
Driving more than 20 km/h, but not more than 30 km/h - 4 Points $250.00
Driving more than 30 km/h, but not more than 40 km/h - 6 Points $350.00
Driving more than 40 km/h over the speed limit - 8 Points $700.00

http://www.abcdiamond.com/brisbane/viewtopic.php?t=93

You should start with a clean slate

Old May 3rd 2005, 11:10 am
Forum Regular

BSherlock will become famous soon enoughBSherlock will become famous soon enough

Do they tranfer you UK points over to your new Aussie licence?
Old May 3rd 2005, 11:13 am
BE Enthusiast

Ialibu has a reputation beyond reputeIalibu has a reputation beyond reputeIalibu has a reputation beyond reputeIalibu has a reputation beyond reputeIalibu has a reputation beyond reputeIalibu has a reputation beyond reputeIalibu has a reputation beyond reputeIalibu has a reputation beyond reputeIalibu has a reputation beyond reputeIalibu has a reputation beyond reputeIalibu has a reputation beyond repute

Do they tranfer you UK points over to your new Aussie licence?
Hmm, getting a bit closer to the issue are we :-))
Old May 3rd 2005, 11:23 am
Forum Regular

I've been trying to decided whether to take 3 points for a friend?

He got caught on a standing camera. If I a fresh start I don't see it as much of an issue with doin it. Especially if it gets him out of a spot of bother
Old May 3rd 2005, 12:27 pm
Anything,Anytime,Anywhere

The Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ABCDiamond
Speeding Penalties in QLD
Driving less than 13 km/h over the speed limit - 1 Point $100.00 Fine
Driving at least 13 km/h, but not more than 20 km/h - 3 Points $150.00
Driving more than 20 km/h, but not more than 30 km/h - 4 Points $250.00
Driving more than 30 km/h, but not more than 40 km/h - 6 Points $350.00
Driving more than 40 km/h over the speed limit - 8 Points $700.00

http://www.abcdiamond.com/brisbane/viewtopic.php?t=93

You should start with a clean slate
40k's over and you could almost book yourself a visit to the beak as well.
Is that info gained from personal experience?

On the plus side, you get to know which stretches of road they usually setup on.

Last edited by The Bloke; May 3rd 2005 at 12:30 pm.