Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Speeding fine but no points given?

Speeding fine but no points given?

Old Mar 16th 2010, 11:46 pm
Account Closed

copa is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Speeding fine but no points given?

Originally Posted by DadAgain
My experience is that Australians who travel and drive in Europe for any significant time are stunned by the quality of driving and shocked on return to Australia by how bad things are.

Having said that I've also heard many a tale from Australian travellers returning from London telling of crazy lunatic drivers...
from my experience only ... one thing I've noticed is Oz drivers are nastier to bicycle riders than british drivers ... but Oz drivers are far more respectful of zebra/pedestrian crossings than british drivers..
Old Mar 17th 2010, 2:03 am
BE Forum Addict

ozhappy981 has a reputation beyond reputeozhappy981 has a reputation beyond reputeozhappy981 has a reputation beyond reputeozhappy981 has a reputation beyond reputeozhappy981 has a reputation beyond reputeozhappy981 has a reputation beyond reputeozhappy981 has a reputation beyond reputeozhappy981 has a reputation beyond reputeozhappy981 has a reputation beyond reputeozhappy981 has a reputation beyond reputeozhappy981 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BAY
My wife is a safe and competent driver.
If she drives at 30mph above the speed limit she is neither a safe driver nor a competent driver!

A competent driver manages to stick to the speed limit.
Old Mar 17th 2010, 3:28 am
BAY
BE Enthusiast

BAY is a splendid one to beholdBAY is a splendid one to beholdBAY is a splendid one to beholdBAY is a splendid one to beholdBAY is a splendid one to beholdBAY is a splendid one to beholdBAY is a splendid one to beholdBAY is a splendid one to beholdBAY is a splendid one to beholdBAY is a splendid one to beholdBAY is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by moneypenny20
Err, no she's not. Well I guess she could be competent but safe? Possibly not.
So you have never broken the speed limit ?
Old Mar 17th 2010, 3:29 am
BAY
BE Enthusiast

BAY is a splendid one to beholdBAY is a splendid one to beholdBAY is a splendid one to beholdBAY is a splendid one to beholdBAY is a splendid one to beholdBAY is a splendid one to beholdBAY is a splendid one to beholdBAY is a splendid one to beholdBAY is a splendid one to beholdBAY is a splendid one to beholdBAY is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by ozhappy981
If she drives at 30mph above the speed limit she is neither a safe driver nor a competent driver!

A competent driver manages to stick to the speed limit.
Another perfect driver who has never broken the speed limit ?

Last edited by BAY; Mar 17th 2010 at 3:33 am.
Old Mar 17th 2010, 3:55 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BAY
So you have never broken the speed limit ?
30k over? No, hand on heart I haven't. I very occasionally go 5 over but being vaguely paranoid about speed tickets and fines and having a husband who spent 20 years digging bodies out of cars that were hit by speeding cars, I have a tendency to value my and my family's lives and stick to the speed limit as close as I can. Sorry but that's me. I don't see the need to go over the speed limit, nothing is so important that you have to speed, break the law and possibly hurt someone just so you get somewhere on time.

A friend has just spent 6 weeks on her back in hospital after having pins put in various arms and legs because she was parked at the side of the road when a speeding moron lost control and ploughed into her. Got no time for speeders especially ones who think 30k over is safe and competent.
Old Mar 17th 2010, 4:00 am
BAY
BE Enthusiast

30k over? No, hand on heart I haven't. I very occasionally go 5 over but being vaguely paranoid about speed tickets and fines and having a husband who spent 20 years digging bodies out of cars that were hit by speeding cars, I have a tendency to value my and my family's lives and stick to the speed limit as close as I can. Sorry but that's me. I don't see the need to go over the speed limit, nothing is so important that you have to speed, break the law and possibly hurt someone just so you get somewhere on time.

A friend has just spent 6 weeks on her back in hospital after having pins put in various arms and legs because she was parked at the side of the road when a speeding moron lost control and ploughed into her. Got no time for speeders especially ones who think 30k over is safe and competent.
Never broken the speed limit , yea right , .... me thinks you're being very economical with the truth ! Got no time for people who aren't honest .
Old Mar 17th 2010, 4:03 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BAY
Never broken the speed limit , yea right , .... me thinks you're being very economical with the truth ! Got no time for people who aren't honest .
You can't read then?
Old Mar 17th 2010, 4:07 am
BAY
BE Enthusiast

You can't read then?
Every driver has broken the speed limit at some point. Fact. Whether it be 5 or 30. To deny shows you up as living in some fantasy land and being less than honourable.
Old Mar 17th 2010, 4:09 am
Account Closed

agree... I've also never been 30km over the limit... that's massive and significantly beyond what all other road users and pedestrians are expecting when they use the same road.

I've been driving for 20 years and never had a fine or warning of any sort.. never caused an accident or been hit by another vehicle .. and i don't want that record to change.
Old Mar 17th 2010, 4:12 am
BAY
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by copa
agree... I've also never been 30km over the limit... that's massive and significantly beyond what all other road users and pedestrians are expecting when they use the same road.

I've been driving for 20 years and never had a fine or warning of any sort.. never caused an accident or been hit by another vehicle .. and i don't want that record to change.
I'm not on about being over 30. I asked whether they'd broken the speed limit.

A lack of a fine or a warning is not proof that you have never broken the speed limit.
Old Mar 17th 2010, 4:15 am
Crazy Cat Lady

Originally Posted by BAY
Every driver has broken the speed limit at some point. Fact. Whether it be 5 or 30. To deny shows you up as living in some fantasy land and being less than honourable.
Do you really struggle with the English language so much? I said:

30k over? No, hand on heart I haven't. I very occasionally go 5 over
I admitted that I have gone over the speed limit - ie I have broken the speed limit. I also stated, as above, that I have NEVER gone 30k over or anywhere close because, hey, guess what? I haven't. That's not denying I have never broken the speed limit, it's admitting that I have just not the moronically stupid amounts that your wife and others have managed. As I said, I value my life too highly.

Pick fault all you like but please read properly before making yourself look daft.
Old Mar 17th 2010, 4:27 am
BAY
BE Enthusiast

Do you really struggle with the English language so much? I said:

I admitted that I have gone over the speed limit - ie I have broken the speed limit. I also stated, as above, that I have NEVER gone 30k over or anywhere close because, hey, guess what? I haven't. That's not denying I have never broken the speed limit, it's admitting that I have just not the moronically stupid amounts that your wife and others have managed. As I said, I value my life too highly.

Pick fault all you like but please read properly before making yourself look daft.
Have you had a tough day today , because you seem to be a bit agitated ! Apologies I misred that you had broken the speed limit and law. Since when is it ok for you to judge that the amount you broke the speed limit by is acceptable. It is not. No amount of speeding is acceptable, thats why they have speed limits. Who knows how much you have broken the speed limit by: 5, 10, 15, 20, 25, 30 ... who knows, you don't ! So don't go judging other people and using inflamatry comments.
Old Mar 17th 2010, 4:29 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by BAY
So don't go judging other people and using inflamatry comments.
lol...

judging is easy...

driving 30km/h over the limit is moronic.
Old Mar 17th 2010, 5:50 am
BE Forum Addict

donna is a splendid one to beholddonna is a splendid one to beholddonna is a splendid one to beholddonna is a splendid one to beholddonna is a splendid one to beholddonna is a splendid one to beholddonna is a splendid one to beholddonna is a splendid one to beholddonna is a splendid one to beholddonna is a splendid one to beholddonna is a splendid one to behold

moneypenny,why be soo arguementative,just let it go
Old Mar 17th 2010, 5:54 am
Crazy Cat Lady

Originally Posted by BAY
Have you had a tough day today , because you seem to be a bit agitated ! Apologies I misred that you had broken the speed limit and law. Since when is it ok for you to judge that the amount you broke the speed limit by is acceptable. It is not. No amount of speeding is acceptable, thats why they have speed limits. Who knows how much you have broken the speed limit by: 5, 10, 15, 20, 25, 30 ... who knows, you don't ! So don't go judging other people and using inflamatry comments.
Where have I said that what I've done is acceptable? Where have I used inflammatory comments?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.