Speeding Ban

Old Feb 12th 2006, 8:15 pm
BE Forum Addict

haggis supper has a reputation beyond reputehaggis supper has a reputation beyond reputehaggis supper has a reputation beyond reputehaggis supper has a reputation beyond reputehaggis supper has a reputation beyond reputehaggis supper has a reputation beyond reputehaggis supper has a reputation beyond reputehaggis supper has a reputation beyond reputehaggis supper has a reputation beyond reputehaggis supper has a reputation beyond reputehaggis supper has a reputation beyond repute
Default Speeding Ban

The son of a friend of mine was caught doing 133kph in a 70kph limit late last night. He's been informed that this is an immediate 12 month ban. Does anyone know if there is anyway to appeal and reduce this ? Does anyone know a good lawyer that they could recommend ?

His excuse was that he had forgotten his insulin injection and was rushing home - bit lightweight but it is true that he forgot to take it.

The lad is 17 and has just got a girlfriend in Geelong and has 2 mates arriving from the UK next month. A 12 month ban will clearly bugger up things somewhat.

Not trying to excuse his behaviour, personally I think he's been a total arse.

Cheers.
Old Feb 12th 2006, 8:23 pm
BE Forum Addict

wanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Speeding Ban

Originally Posted by haggis supper
The son of a friend of mine was caught doing 133kph in a 70kph limit late last night. He's been informed that this is an immediate 12 month ban. Does anyone know if there is anyway to appeal and reduce this ? Does anyone know a good lawyer that they could recommend ?

His excuse was that he had forgotten his insulin injection and was rushing home - bit lightweight but it is true that he forgot to take it.

The lad is 17 and has just got a girlfriend in Geelong and has 2 mates arriving from the UK next month. A 12 month ban will clearly bugger up things somewhat.

Cheers.
Age, speed, speed limit - I dont think he has any chance. Self-defence?

WW
Old Feb 12th 2006, 8:26 pm
BE Enthusiast

Tuxtrip has a reputation beyond reputeTuxtrip has a reputation beyond reputeTuxtrip has a reputation beyond reputeTuxtrip has a reputation beyond reputeTuxtrip has a reputation beyond reputeTuxtrip has a reputation beyond reputeTuxtrip has a reputation beyond reputeTuxtrip has a reputation beyond reputeTuxtrip has a reputation beyond reputeTuxtrip has a reputation beyond reputeTuxtrip has a reputation beyond repute

At 17 years of age, he is likely to still be on his 'P' plates. There is no way that he is going to be considered competent enough to handle a car doing that kind of speed, and without his necessary medication?? Sorry, but I think he deserves to have the 'book thrown at him' so to speak. I doubt that the authorities will show him any special considerations, new girlfriend, visiting mates or otherwise.
Old Feb 12th 2006, 8:30 pm

biggy is an unknown quantity at this point

Cheers.

I think it would be a waste of time and money seeking a lawyer...had he been just over the limit then that would have been different, but he was almost double that, which as you said he is an "arse" and the police are very strict on speeding here(even more so for younger drivers).....he is very lucky that he didnt get a fine also....or done for dangerous driving. Looks like him and his mates will be walking a lot (does one of them not have a UK licence?)
Old Feb 12th 2006, 8:55 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

jad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond repute

The kids already had a lucky break he got caught before he killed himself or someone else. Has he any idea how many 17 year olds end up dead wrapped round a tree here sorry to sound harsh but kids out of control with cars here is all too common.
Old Feb 12th 2006, 9:04 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Ozzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond repute

Cheers.
17??? Have they lowered the age that you can drive in Vic???
Old Feb 12th 2006, 9:34 pm
Wol
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond repute

Doing THAT speed when he needed insulin?

He's very lucky he's not in court for manslaughter at the very least.