Speed Ticket in Vic

Speed Ticket in Vic

Old Sep 18th 2006, 9:35 am
Banned

NewOZ will become famous soon enoughNewOZ will become famous soon enough
Default Speed Ticket in Vic

Yes i have been caught by Speed Camera

I was making 75 on 60 Km road in Victoria
does anyone have an idea how much it is going to be?
Old Sep 18th 2006, 9:42 am
BE Forum Addict

Australia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Speed Ticket in Vic

Originally Posted by NewOZ

Oh can someone start a thread on how poor the Aus government is, targeting innocent drivers to raise revenue lol

Sorry to hear you got caught out, but in Vic and many other areas of Aus you just can't speed as they have cameras everywhere! Have no idea how much it'd cost, could ask my Dad as he got caught in Melbourne (but he's currently working on the coast of Africa). I'm aware if you still have UK licence points cannot be added to it! So at least it's not all bad!
Old Sep 18th 2006, 9:45 am
Account Closed

Deadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to behold

Just been done for the same thing in QLD - $150.

According to this unwieldy link, you have to cough-up $210 ...

Speeding Penalties
Old Sep 18th 2006, 10:07 am
BE Forum Addict

Teliko21 has a reputation beyond reputeTeliko21 has a reputation beyond reputeTeliko21 has a reputation beyond reputeTeliko21 has a reputation beyond reputeTeliko21 has a reputation beyond reputeTeliko21 has a reputation beyond reputeTeliko21 has a reputation beyond reputeTeliko21 has a reputation beyond reputeTeliko21 has a reputation beyond reputeTeliko21 has a reputation beyond reputeTeliko21 has a reputation beyond repute

Yikes bad luck. My boyfriend was just caught doing 108 on the Westgate Fwy and I think the fine for that was $135 or something close. As it was under 10km/h over he has applied for a caution and for the fine and points to be waived as it was his first offence. Still waiting for a reply
Old Sep 18th 2006, 11:31 am
Forum Regular

colinmorgan has a brilliant futurecolinmorgan has a brilliant futurecolinmorgan has a brilliant futurecolinmorgan has a brilliant futurecolinmorgan has a brilliant futurecolinmorgan has a brilliant future

My wife has been caught twice, she took one penalty I took the other. We both wrote letters stating how it was our first offence and new to the country etc etc. Both got off with no fine and no points

Has to be worth a try. - Good luck
Old Sep 18th 2006, 11:37 am
BE Enthusiast

NIGENABBY is just really niceNIGENABBY is just really niceNIGENABBY is just really niceNIGENABBY is just really niceNIGENABBY is just really niceNIGENABBY is just really niceNIGENABBY is just really niceNIGENABBY is just really niceNIGENABBY is just really niceNIGENABBY is just really nice

Originally Posted by Teliko21
Yikes bad luck. My boyfriend was just caught doing 108 on the Westgate Fwy and I think the fine for that was $135 or something close. As it was under 10km/h over he has applied for a caution and for the fine and points to be waived as it was his first offence. Still waiting for a reply
Good luck, but I have never heard of such a thing happening. Let us know if it works and what he said!
Abby
Old Sep 18th 2006, 11:38 am
BE Forum Addict

Teliko21 has a reputation beyond reputeTeliko21 has a reputation beyond reputeTeliko21 has a reputation beyond reputeTeliko21 has a reputation beyond reputeTeliko21 has a reputation beyond reputeTeliko21 has a reputation beyond reputeTeliko21 has a reputation beyond reputeTeliko21 has a reputation beyond reputeTeliko21 has a reputation beyond reputeTeliko21 has a reputation beyond reputeTeliko21 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by NIGENABBY
Good luck, but I have never heard of such a thing happening. Let us know if it works and what he said!
Abby
It happens alot here, in fact I'd say it is encouraged If you are eligible, they used to even put a leaflet in with the fine notice telling you how to go about it
Old Sep 18th 2006, 11:39 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

OzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond repute

I got caught a couple of years ago on Western Hwy at Rockbank where the limit goes 110, 100, 90 in quick succession (97 in a 90). I received a fine of $130 I think it was for <10 over the limit but wrote a pleading letter without success - paid up and 3 points on licence which I think must have disappeared by now (?) As someone said it doesn't pay to speed anywhere in Vic. 15 over looks like $200 territory.

OzTennis
Old Sep 18th 2006, 11:47 am
BE Enthusiast

NIGENABBY is just really niceNIGENABBY is just really niceNIGENABBY is just really niceNIGENABBY is just really niceNIGENABBY is just really niceNIGENABBY is just really niceNIGENABBY is just really niceNIGENABBY is just really niceNIGENABBY is just really niceNIGENABBY is just really nice

Originally Posted by Teliko21
It happens alot here, in fact I'd say it is encouraged If you are eligible, they used to even put a leaflet in with the fine notice telling you how to go about it
Wow! I have never (a giant touch wood!!) received a ticket for speeding, but if I get one, I shall have to see what they enclose with it.

The only ticket I have ever received (failure to give way - had a little accident) and the cop was apologetic about giving it to me and he was a TOG (traffic operations group - the nasty police you cannot sweet talk out of a ticket).

But, please do let us know the outcome. Problem with tickets now is not so much the cash, but the loss of points on the licence.

Regards
Abby
Old Sep 18th 2006, 11:49 am
has lost The Game

Swerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by deadmeat
According to this unwieldy link, you have to cough-up $210 ...

Speeding Penalties
I like the bit on Hoon Driving. I think the uk needs some laws like that - on the third offence they take the car away and destroy it, regardless of who it belongs too! You wouldn't want to tell mummy and daddy that you've had their nice new BMW confiscated forever!

Originally Posted by colinmorgan
My wife has been caught twice, she took one penalty I took the other. We both wrote letters stating how it was our first offence and new to the country etc etc. Both got off with no fine and no points
I wouldn't go advertising that on an open forum if I were you - in the uk that's called conspiracy to pervert the course of justice, for which you could both be prosecuted and usually imprisoned. It would be foolish to think they didn't have similar laws here...

S
Old Sep 18th 2006, 11:52 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Swerv-o
I wouldn't go advertising that on an open forum if I were you - in the uk that's called conspiracy to pervert the course of justice, for which you could both be prosecuted and usually imprisoned. It would be foolish to think they didn't have similar laws here...

S
Sure do, the bit you sign on the back is a statutory declaration, if it is false you have committed perjury. Lying under oath is a serious offence.
Regards
Abby
Old Sep 18th 2006, 12:00 pm
has lost The Game

Swerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by NIGENABBY
Sure do, the bit you sign on the back is a statutory declaration, if it is false you have committed perjury. Lying under oath is a serious offence.
Regards
Abby
Much more so than a couple of points and a small fine...

S
Old Sep 18th 2006, 12:15 pm
Forum Regular

colinmorgan has a brilliant futurecolinmorgan has a brilliant futurecolinmorgan has a brilliant futurecolinmorgan has a brilliant futurecolinmorgan has a brilliant futurecolinmorgan has a brilliant future

I like the bit on Hoon Driving. I think the uk needs some laws like that - on the third offence they take the car away and destroy it, regardless of who it belongs too! You wouldn't want to tell mummy and daddy that you've had their nice new BMW confiscated forever!

S
Thanks for the advice.
Old Sep 26th 2006, 7:07 am
Account Closed

Deadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to behold

S
If there was any justice in the world then BMW drivers wouldn't be allowed to breed ...
Old Sep 26th 2006, 7:19 am
BE Forum Addict

Just as an update (Partner got caught by speed camera doing 108 on the freeway but applied for caution).

Got a letter yesterday saying the fine and points had been dropped and he would just be getting a caution on this occasion

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.