British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Australia (https://britishexpats.com/forum/australia-54/)
-   -   Specific work experience and jobs in australia (https://britishexpats.com/forum/australia-54/specific-work-experience-jobs-australia-108734/)

babuajee Jun 6th 2002 7:09 am

Specific work experience and jobs in australia

I am a programmer and have worked in different languages
like rpg/400, cl/400,foxpro and visual basic.

At the same time i am also java certified but have not worked on java. My question is that if i get migration then is it reestricted that i should work in this area only?

will it be considered that i had shown experience in the specific programming language then i have to work in that area only?

Or can i make a different resume which does't match my resume with the documents i have provided for the migration to ACS and DIMA?

Whetehr it is checked by DIMA after immigration ?

Thanks in advance

Babuaji

ptlabs Jun 6th 2002 7:23 am

Re: Specific work experience and jobs in australia

There are no restrictions on what area of IT you may work in after your PR is approved.

cheers
peter

babuajee Jun 6th 2002 11:11 am

Thanks for your quick reply peter

It means after getting PR there is no role of DIMA to verify anything?

It means i can show experience in java because i have command over java and i can do programming in java very well?

Is it so?

Thanks and regards for your quick reply
Babuajee

ptlabs Jun 6th 2002 12:06 pm

After the PR visa is granted, DIMIA won't be too bothered to re-visit your case, it's just not feasible for DIMIA to spend resources in checking if every IT person is genuinely qualified. That's the job of the ACS, and even that, ACS can only decide based on your submitted evidence.

Note that having passed an ACS skills assessment for migration and having been granted a PR visa does not automatically guarantee you a job in IT in Australia. Understand that the IT market in Australia is as damp as it gets now. Don't hope that you can get a job easily just because you claim to be an expert in this or that. Most employers demand local (Australian) experience and local qualifications.

Do a search for Jeremy's posts on the IT market in Australia and you will get a clearer picture of the situation there. It's certainly not very rosy for IT in Australia, and definitely Australia isn't alone in this.

Rgds,
Peter

Jaj Jun 6th 2002 9:20 pm

The resume you send to the ACS and DIMIA has to be correct. If you 'make up' a resume
you are committing immigration fraud, and if it is found out later on your PR visa
can be cancelled.

You won't find people here very sympathetic to any plans to defraud the system.

On the other hand, if you obtain a skilled PR visa legitimately, you can work
as whatever legal occupation you like in Australia. A lot of IT skilled people
are working as security guards or in gas stations because there are very few IT
jobs for them.

Jeremy

>On 6 Jun 2002 13:20:47 GMT, babuajee <[email protected]> wrote: I am a
    >programmer and have worked in different languages like rpg/400,
    >cl/400,foxpro and visual basic.
    >
    >At the same time i am also java certified but have not worked on java. My
    >question is that if i get migration then is it reestricted that i should work in
    >this area only?
    >
    >will it be considered that i had shown experience in the specific programming
    >language then i have to work in that area only?
    >
    >Or can i make a different resume which does't match my resume with the documents i
    >have provided for the migration to ACS and DIMA?
    >
    >Whetehr it is checked by DIMA after immigration ?
    >
    >
    >Thanks in advance
    >
    >Babuaji
    >
    >
    >
    >--

babuajee Jun 7th 2002 6:56 am

Dear Jeremy,

My question was very simple.

Can a programmer is allowed to work on different programming language while he is experienced in other programming language
(Already applied on which i am working for last 5 years)after PR.

The question of Fraud and all does't apply at all.

Thanks and regards for your valuable suggestions
I will keep those things in mind what you have suggested

Thanks and regards

Babuajee