Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Spa/Swimming pool thread.....

Spa/Swimming pool thread.....

Old Aug 31st 2008, 3:35 pm
is happy to be here :)

Tiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond repute
Default Spa/Swimming pool thread.....

Have started another thread on Spa's and swimming pools, as for some reason the last one was closed

Just wondering if anyone has had a pool or spa installed over winter?

Would be great to see some piccies

I'm still interested in getting a spa eventually, but I think Air con comes first

Also wondering, has anyone bought one of those portable/blow up spas, and what do you think of them?

Old Sep 1st 2008, 4:49 am
BE Enthusiast

sa2uk2oz has much to be proud ofsa2uk2oz has much to be proud ofsa2uk2oz has much to be proud ofsa2uk2oz has much to be proud ofsa2uk2oz has much to be proud ofsa2uk2oz has much to be proud ofsa2uk2oz has much to be proud ofsa2uk2oz has much to be proud ofsa2uk2oz has much to be proud ofsa2uk2oz has much to be proud ofsa2uk2oz has much to be proud of
Default Re: Spa/Swimming pool thread.....

hi
we had a 6 seater spa installed in June. Have had a few pools over the years when we lived in South Africa, and thought of having one put in over here.
We were surprised how cold it got here over the winter, and realized that for 4 months of the year we wouldn't use a pool.. So decided on the spa,
its lovely to soak in during winter, and now we can turn down the temp so its cool during summer. have attached a picture..
Attached Thumbnails Spa/Swimming pool thread.....-spa-june-001.jpg  
Old Sep 1st 2008, 5:08 am
The Brains

ray2gill is a name known to allray2gill is a name known to allray2gill is a name known to allray2gill is a name known to allray2gill is a name known to allray2gill is a name known to allray2gill is a name known to allray2gill is a name known to allray2gill is a name known to allray2gill is a name known to allray2gill is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Tiawamutu
Have started another thread on Spa's and swimming pools, as for some reason the last one was closed

I'm still interested in getting a spa eventually, but I think Air con comes first

Also wondering, has anyone bought one of those portable/blow up spas, and what do you think of them?

There are about 3 currently being installed were we are. We will be looking to install one next March/April time.

Some are installing cartridge filters and other sand filters. Don't sand filters use more water? Not up on the technical things with pools yet.
Old Sep 1st 2008, 7:31 am
Forum Regular

the_nanny_uk2 is just really nicethe_nanny_uk2 is just really nicethe_nanny_uk2 is just really nicethe_nanny_uk2 is just really nicethe_nanny_uk2 is just really nicethe_nanny_uk2 is just really nicethe_nanny_uk2 is just really nicethe_nanny_uk2 is just really nice

I was wondering roughly how much do the spas/hottubs cost as I cant seem to find a website on them for Australia at all. We are hoping to mve to the Perth areas.

Jo
Old Sep 1st 2008, 7:45 am
BE Forum Addict

pumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond repute

We were looking at some spas at the weekend which ranged from $5k upwards for a 6 seater. I assume that does not include it being installed.

Why would sand filters use more water?

I am leaning towards getting a spa eventually. I do like the idea of sitting in the warm with a book and a glass of wine.
Old Sep 1st 2008, 9:11 am
BE Forum Addict

sj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by pumpkin blossom
We were looking at some spas at the weekend which ranged from $5k upwards for a 6 seater. I assume that does not include it being installed.

I am leaning towards getting a spa eventually. I do like the idea of sitting in the warm with a book and a glass of wine.
We have a spa and pool..............neither get used that much!!
Old Sep 1st 2008, 9:28 am
BE Enthusiast

sa2uk2oz has much to be proud ofsa2uk2oz has much to be proud ofsa2uk2oz has much to be proud ofsa2uk2oz has much to be proud ofsa2uk2oz has much to be proud ofsa2uk2oz has much to be proud ofsa2uk2oz has much to be proud ofsa2uk2oz has much to be proud ofsa2uk2oz has much to be proud ofsa2uk2oz has much to be proud ofsa2uk2oz has much to be proud of

our 6 seater cost $6000. The biggest mission was finding someone to lay the concrete slab to put it on, and match the existing pattern on our decorative concrete.. so that added another $2200.
Because it has 2 pumps and a heater we had to have it hardwired
so that cost around $600. The jets give a really good shoulder, neck and back massage.
We have often got in with a glass of wine since having it installed, and i know will do the same in summer with a book to relax.
Old Sep 1st 2008, 11:19 am
Forum Regular

Demented Ferret is just really niceDemented Ferret is just really niceDemented Ferret is just really niceDemented Ferret is just really niceDemented Ferret is just really niceDemented Ferret is just really niceDemented Ferret is just really niceDemented Ferret is just really niceDemented Ferret is just really niceDemented Ferret is just really niceDemented Ferret is just really nice

Our Spa is used twice a week every week, best money we spent. Gets more use than the pool table. We bought ours from Lanark $10.000, laid the cabling myself and cost $250 for the sparks to wire it up. Add in the concrete pad and it's alot cheaper than the pool.
And the only time we seem to relax these days is after 8pm the spa is just the ticket.
Old Sep 1st 2008, 12:15 pm
BE Enthusiast

harveyhare is a glorious beacon of lightharveyhare is a glorious beacon of lightharveyhare is a glorious beacon of lightharveyhare is a glorious beacon of lightharveyhare is a glorious beacon of lightharveyhare is a glorious beacon of lightharveyhare is a glorious beacon of lightharveyhare is a glorious beacon of lightharveyhare is a glorious beacon of lightharveyhare is a glorious beacon of lightharveyhare is a glorious beacon of light

LOL if it takes you as long to research a spa as it has aircon then this thread could run for years
You can buy mine if we dont take it with us.

Di
Old Sep 1st 2008, 1:09 pm
Ok this isn't so bad

Stitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond repute

Any comments about the size of pool and how much it cost??

Cheers

Ginny
Old Sep 1st 2008, 1:44 pm
The Brains

ray2gill is a name known to allray2gill is a name known to allray2gill is a name known to allray2gill is a name known to allray2gill is a name known to allray2gill is a name known to allray2gill is a name known to allray2gill is a name known to allray2gill is a name known to allray2gill is a name known to allray2gill is a name known to all

[QUOTE=pumpkin blossom;6736519]

I was told that it takes far more water to backwash a sand filter than a cartridge one.

Any info from anyone would be appreciated.
Old Sep 1st 2008, 2:25 pm

Tiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by sa2uk2oz
hi
we had a 6 seater spa installed in June. Have had a few pools over the years when we lived in South Africa, and thought of having one put in over here.
We were surprised how cold it got here over the winter, and realized that for 4 months of the year we wouldn't use a pool.. So decided on the spa,
its lovely to soak in during winter, and now we can turn down the temp so its cool during summer. have attached a picture..
Looks lovely. I would love to do something like that with paving/liquid limestone and lots of palms around

Definitely want to get rid of our lawn!
Old Sep 1st 2008, 2:49 pm

Originally Posted by the_nanny_uk2
I was wondering roughly how much do the spas/hottubs cost as I cant seem to find a website on them for Australia at all. We are hoping to mve to the Perth areas.

Jo
Most of what I have seen have been around the $7000-8000 mark for a six seater (I've had a couple of quotes sent to me and they all seem to be roughly this cost)

There are lots of companies around but most of the websites don't seem to have prices on....surprise surprise Here are a few:

http://www.djspas.com/

http://www.jadanspas.com.au/

These ones have some prices on:

http://www.spaworld.com.au/?gclid=CK...FRYFewod6zhiQw

http://www.spashowcase.com.au/

http://www.signaturespaswa.com.au/

Old Sep 1st 2008, 2:51 pm

Originally Posted by ray2gill
There are about 3 currently being installed were we are. We will be looking to install one next March/April time.

Some are installing cartridge filters and other sand filters. Don't sand filters use more water? Not up on the technical things with pools yet.
I assume you are talking about pools?

Sorry not technically minded either when it comes to pools
Old Sep 1st 2008, 2:57 pm

Originally Posted by harveyhare
LOL if it takes you as long to research a spa as it has aircon then this thread could run for years
You can buy mine if we dont take it with us.

Di

Last edited by Tiawamutu; Sep 1st 2008 at 3:07 pm.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.