Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

South Yarra Charlotte seeks Carrie & Co..

South Yarra Charlotte seeks Carrie & Co..

Old Dec 18th 2008, 2:01 am
South Yarra Sheila

JoolsB has a reputation beyond reputeJoolsB has a reputation beyond reputeJoolsB has a reputation beyond reputeJoolsB has a reputation beyond reputeJoolsB has a reputation beyond reputeJoolsB has a reputation beyond reputeJoolsB has a reputation beyond reputeJoolsB has a reputation beyond reputeJoolsB has a reputation beyond reputeJoolsB has a reputation beyond reputeJoolsB has a reputation beyond repute
Default South Yarra Charlotte seeks Carrie & Co..

Hi,

Calling all South Yarra/Prahran ladies! I'm hoping to find some other expat girls who live near me for girlie shopping, cocktails & gossip (sex and the city stylie!)

I have made a couple of lovely Australian friends but they are quite a bit younger than me so not always on the same wavelength & many of the other expat meets seem to be based around families & children (& I am not a mummy).

There must be someone other than me around here in late 20's-40 ish age group (I'm 35) who likes fashion, frivolity and has a shoe addiction ?

Jools
Old Dec 21st 2008, 4:04 am
Forum Regular

sally07 is just really nicesally07 is just really nicesally07 is just really nicesally07 is just really nicesally07 is just really nicesally07 is just really nicesally07 is just really nicesally07 is just really nicesally07 is just really nice
Default Re: South Yarra Charlotte seeks Carrie & Co..

Originally Posted by JoolsB
Hi,

Calling all South Yarra/Prahran ladies! I'm hoping to find some other expat girls who live near me for girlie shopping, cocktails & gossip (sex and the city stylie!)

I have made a couple of lovely Australian friends but they are quite a bit younger than me so not always on the same wavelength & many of the other expat meets seem to be based around families & children (& I am not a mummy).

There must be someone other than me around here in late 20's-40 ish age group (I'm 35) who likes fashion, frivolity and has a shoe addiction ?

Jools

Hi Jools!

Would love to meet for a few after work cocktails one evening! I live in Elwood with hubby (i'm 35 he's 39), we both work in the city, so easy to arrange drinks either in the city or South Yarra way.
Sally
Old Dec 21st 2008, 4:15 am
South Yarra Sheila

JoolsB has a reputation beyond reputeJoolsB has a reputation beyond reputeJoolsB has a reputation beyond reputeJoolsB has a reputation beyond reputeJoolsB has a reputation beyond reputeJoolsB has a reputation beyond reputeJoolsB has a reputation beyond reputeJoolsB has a reputation beyond reputeJoolsB has a reputation beyond reputeJoolsB has a reputation beyond reputeJoolsB has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by sally07
Hi Jools!

Would love to meet for a few after work cocktails one evening! I live in Elwood with hubby (i'm 35 he's 39), we both work in the city, so easy to arrange drinks either in the city or South Yarra way.
Sally
Hi Sally-that sounds great! I'll give you a shout after Christmas/New Year is over with to arrange something if that's ok? My husband's 41 and working in real estate in South Yarra (I'm also doing Saturday & hols cover for the same company right now whilst I look for something more permanent). What do you guys do in the city? Look forward to meeting up!
Old Dec 21st 2008, 4:56 am
Forum Regular

sally07 is just really nicesally07 is just really nicesally07 is just really nicesally07 is just really nicesally07 is just really nicesally07 is just really nicesally07 is just really nicesally07 is just really nicesally07 is just really nice

Sounds good. I work at St Vincents Hospital (Occupational therapist) and Hubby is a contracts manager at AGL. Look forward to meeting up, S.
Old Dec 22nd 2008, 4:47 am
South Yarra Sheila

Great -BTW forgot to ask which one of the SATC girls are you?
Old Dec 28th 2008, 2:04 am
BE Enthusiast

DianneH68 has much to be proud ofDianneH68 has much to be proud ofDianneH68 has much to be proud ofDianneH68 has much to be proud ofDianneH68 has much to be proud ofDianneH68 has much to be proud ofDianneH68 has much to be proud ofDianneH68 has much to be proud ofDianneH68 has much to be proud ofDianneH68 has much to be proud ofDianneH68 has much to be proud of

Hi Jools and Sally,
I'm always keen for girlie nights out (especially with cocktails) so count me in
I'm 35 and my boyfriend is 41 (no kids). We've been here for a couple of years and still loving it, but is always nice to meet up with new like-minded people.
By the way, there's a great little bar in the city where all the cocktails are $8 all night every Friday
So, how about a girlie night in the new year....
Old Dec 28th 2008, 5:31 am
South Yarra Sheila

Hi Dianne

How about mid month sometime after the 15th? There is a fantastic new place on Chapel St, South Yarra called "The Temperance Hotel"-really funky decor & tables outside so you can watch the world go by if you guys fancy.

Hope you both have a great New Years Eve!
Old Dec 28th 2008, 8:15 pm
BE Forum Addict

koalakim has a reputation beyond reputekoalakim has a reputation beyond reputekoalakim has a reputation beyond reputekoalakim has a reputation beyond reputekoalakim has a reputation beyond reputekoalakim has a reputation beyond reputekoalakim has a reputation beyond reputekoalakim has a reputation beyond reputekoalakim has a reputation beyond reputekoalakim has a reputation beyond reputekoalakim has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Jools

Would love to join your SATC outings but I'm now out in the sticks in Mornington! Used to be in Sth Yarra and Brighton and also know Sally (Hi Sally how's things?).

I have a lovely pair of pink Carrie shoes that would love an outing sometime! (Also small with long hair but not quite as skinny as SJP!)

I'll keep an out out for dates and maybe can join you!

KK
Old Dec 28th 2008, 9:16 pm
South Yarra Sheila

Originally Posted by koalakim
Hi Jools

Would love to join your SATC outings but I'm now out in the sticks in Mornington! Used to be in Sth Yarra and Brighton and also know Sally (Hi Sally how's things?).

I have a lovely pair of pink Carrie shoes that would love an outing sometime! (Also small with long hair but not quite as skinny as SJP!)

KK
Hi Kim

You would be most welcome if you can bear the trek! Dust off those pink heels
Old Jan 1st 2009, 8:42 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by koalakim
Hi Jools

KK
Sounds like we're all keen to have a few cocktails! I am free pretty much any night, would be good to do mid-late January as i have family coming over from the start of Feb for several weeks. What about a friday evening after work say the 16 or 23 Jan?

Hi KK, yes i am good thanks, how are you? We have taken the plunge and acquired 2 little Ragdoll kittens to brighten and liven up our apartment! They are little terrors but oh so cute...
S.
Old Jan 4th 2009, 7:15 am
Just Joined

Cumbrian Vic is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi fellow SATC fans.

I am fairly new to Melbourne (arrived in August) and would definitely be keen to meet for cocktails. I am 27 and am here with my hubbie (34) and work in the City. Also have no kids.

I am based in Prahran (just off Chapel Street) and think the Temperance Hotel is a great suggestion for a get together - I have already spent far too much money over that bar!! Could meet on the 16th Jan if that is still a good date for everyone else

Vic
Old Jan 4th 2009, 8:31 am
South Yarra Sheila

Originally Posted by Cumbrian Vic
Hi fellow SATC fans.

I am fairly new to Melbourne (arrived in August) and would definitely be keen to meet for cocktails. I am 27 and am here with my hubbie (34) and work in the City. Also have no kids.

I am based in Prahran (just off Chapel Street) and think the Temperance Hotel is a great suggestion for a get together - I have already spent far too much money over that bar!! Could meet on the 16th Jan if that is still a good date for everyone else

Vic
Hi Vic

I've probably passed you in the Temperance then as we have also been lining their pockets since opening (went there New Years Eve too) The 16th sounds good to me (a Friday?)-everyone else? Shall we be inviting our other halves as they may get on??

J
Old Jan 6th 2009, 8:41 pm
Just Joined

Cumbrian Vic is an unknown quantity at this point

Dragging along the other halves is a good idea. I know mine is always looking for an excuse for a beer
Old Jan 7th 2009, 1:17 am
BE Forum Addict

koalakim has a reputation beyond reputekoalakim has a reputation beyond reputekoalakim has a reputation beyond reputekoalakim has a reputation beyond reputekoalakim has a reputation beyond reputekoalakim has a reputation beyond reputekoalakim has a reputation beyond reputekoalakim has a reputation beyond reputekoalakim has a reputation beyond reputekoalakim has a reputation beyond reputekoalakim has a reputation beyond repute

Hi girls

Would love to come on the 16th but working....good idea to take OH's as mine doesn't get out much ! Hopefully we can make it to the next one but we haven't got any free Fris or Sats until past middle of month as it's wedding season (but good for us!).

Sally - awwww.....so jealous of your new furry friends! I bet you are having a lot of fun with them! We are fine - just quite busy for the next few weeks - see above!

KK

p.s. I did go out in the pink shoes on NYE but now not used to wearing them so they were abandoned for flats after an hour or so! Need more practice!
Old Jan 7th 2009, 5:55 am
South Yarra Sheila

Sounds like you're working very hard Kim!-but that's your industry it must be mostly weekends.

Vic-so that's myself and husband Mark in & you & yours - anyone else ok for the Temperance on the 16th???

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.