Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

South Yarra Charlotte seeks Carrie & Co..

South Yarra Charlotte seeks Carrie & Co..

Old Jan 21st 2009, 11:16 pm
Just Joined

Cumbrian Vic is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: South Yarra Charlotte seeks Carrie & Co..

Hi all

As the last meet up was such a success I thought I would keep the momentum going and suggest another meet up.

Thought we could do something quintessentially English and suggest meeting for a late afternoon Sunday dinner and drinks. Bridie O'Reilly's on Chapel Street do a Sunday Roast for $18.90 including a drink. Happy to go elsewhere though if someone has a recommendation.

Let me know if anyone fancies it and we can firm up a date
Old Jan 21st 2009, 11:27 pm
Forum Regular

neil_hick has much to be proud ofneil_hick has much to be proud ofneil_hick has much to be proud ofneil_hick has much to be proud ofneil_hick has much to be proud ofneil_hick has much to be proud ofneil_hick has much to be proud ofneil_hick has much to be proud ofneil_hick has much to be proud ofneil_hick has much to be proud ofneil_hick has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Cumbrian Vic
Hi all

As the last meet up was such a success I thought I would keep the momentum going and suggest another meet up.

Thought we could do something quintessentially English and suggest meeting for a late afternoon Sunday dinner and drinks. Bridie O'Reilly's on Chapel Street do a Sunday Roast for $18.90 including a drink. Happy to go elsewhere though if someone has a recommendation.

Let me know if anyone fancies it and we can firm up a date
well the venue is sound but Im not sure Id be eating a roast. Forecast for Sunday is 32 degrees! But hey, Im happy to go and take my chances!
Old Jan 21st 2009, 11:52 pm
Just Joined

Sunday roast is like a cup of tea - consumed in any weather!!
Old Jan 22nd 2009, 1:51 am
Just Joined

Aly_James is an unknown quantity at this point

We are up for Sunday lunch, although if this Sunday will have to make an early exit as we are off to the evening session of the tennis.
Old Jan 22nd 2009, 8:02 am
Just Joined

Laura-Hawthorn is an unknown quantity at this point

hi!

i cant make either this sunday or next i'm afraid - got tennis this sunday and a birthday BBQ next sunday..... bloomin typical lol!
Old Jan 22nd 2009, 10:16 pm
Just Joined

Is there another date that is better for everyone?
Old Jan 23rd 2009, 4:12 am
Forum Regular

neil_hick has much to be proud ofneil_hick has much to be proud ofneil_hick has much to be proud ofneil_hick has much to be proud ofneil_hick has much to be proud ofneil_hick has much to be proud ofneil_hick has much to be proud ofneil_hick has much to be proud ofneil_hick has much to be proud ofneil_hick has much to be proud ofneil_hick has much to be proud of

anytime other than saturday and monday are good for me and bec. but if there is still a little interest in sunday, i say lets still do it. be a shame to let a roast go to waste
Old Jan 23rd 2009, 10:19 am
Just Joined

devvers is an unknown quantity at this point

Cumbrian vic - where about in cumbria? I'm a Barrow lass although its been 14years since I lived there.

I'd be interested in joining the next meet up if that's ok? Although this weekend is tricky with the tennis (come on Murray!) and BigDayOut.

s
Old Jan 23rd 2009, 10:54 am
Just Joined

Laura-Hawthorn is an unknown quantity at this point

ok this weekend seems a bit busy with tennis so what about the 8th Feb? or alternatively a fri/sat night before then??
Old Jan 23rd 2009, 9:55 pm
South Yarra Sheila

JoolsB has a reputation beyond reputeJoolsB has a reputation beyond reputeJoolsB has a reputation beyond reputeJoolsB has a reputation beyond reputeJoolsB has a reputation beyond reputeJoolsB has a reputation beyond reputeJoolsB has a reputation beyond reputeJoolsB has a reputation beyond reputeJoolsB has a reputation beyond reputeJoolsB has a reputation beyond reputeJoolsB has a reputation beyond repute

what is quite fun idea for another sunday is listening to the live jazz in prahran market-there's various food/drink places or you can just buy something from the market and plonk down at a table
Old Jan 24th 2009, 6:44 am
Just Joined

Jazz on a Sunday sounds good. Should we pencil that in for the 8th?

As far as tommorrow goes, seems a shame to waste the good weather so how's about meeting earlier in the afternoon so those who need to slope off later on can do so. Reckon Kev and I will get to Bridie O'Reillys for about 2pm.

Deevers - I'm originally a Carlisle gal! Melbourne is certainly very different!!!!
Old Jan 25th 2009, 3:10 am
Forum Regular

hey vic, sorry we couldnt make it today. however it seemed a shame to let free wine go to waste last night (fund raiser thing through beccas work) so we over indulged. and are feeling it today!
Old Jan 25th 2009, 11:03 pm
Just Joined

No worries - we had a few drinks and then headed to the Temperance for cheap drinks and a free BBQ
Old Jan 26th 2009, 12:05 am
Forum Regular

No worries - we had a few drinks and then headed to the Temperance for cheap drinks and a free BBQ
dammit! sounds like you had a good time. oh well, definitely next time! need to try out some more cocktails! haha!
Old Feb 1st 2009, 6:55 am
Forum Regular

Jazz on a Sunday sounds good. Should we pencil that in for the 8th?

As far as tommorrow goes, seems a shame to waste the good weather so how's about meeting earlier in the afternoon so those who need to slope off later on can do so. Reckon Kev and I will get to Bridie O'Reillys for about 2pm.

Deevers - I'm originally a Carlisle gal! Melbourne is certainly very different!!!!
so then ladies....whats the go with this plan? anyone else fancy it? sounds good to me anyway so Becca and I are up for it if you guys are?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.