British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Australia (https://britishexpats.com/forum/australia-54/)
-   -   South Terrace in South Freo - any info? (https://britishexpats.com/forum/australia-54/south-terrace-south-freo-any-info-278178/)

SuperSeagulls Jan 17th 2005 5:51 pm

South Terrace in South Freo - any info?

Hi everyone,

My partner and I are looking to book our validation trip accommodation in Fremantle and a place has caught our eye on South Terrace in South Freo. Does anyone know what this part of Fremantle is like?

Thanks

SS

Simone Jan 18th 2005 3:02 am

Re: South Terrace in South Freo - any info?

Originally Posted by SuperSeagulls
Hi everyone,

My partner and I are looking to book our validation trip accommodation in Fremantle and a place has caught our eye on South Terrace in South Freo. Does anyone know what this part of Fremantle is like?

Thanks

SS

That's where to of my friends lived for a while (students)
I can remember next door was a house with a few guys.
So MAYBE a high concentration of students? Don't know.
Area seems nice enough, I like the little old houses...
Sorry, can't really help

SuperSeagulls Jan 18th 2005 7:06 am

Great. Sounds ideal for a little validation trip. I was concerned it will be too industrial but I dont think it is - that may be further south.

SS

Simone Jan 18th 2005 7:22 am

Great. Sounds ideal for a little validation trip. I was concerned it will be too industrial but I dont think it is - that may be further south.

SS

uh oh. Just seen/realised your talking about SOUTH freo...
Sorry, don't know :(

steve99 Jan 18th 2005 7:27 am

SS

You should be fine there, the views down the coastline will look a bit industrial. Cockburn (yes it is a place before someone asks :D pronnounced co-burn), Kwinana, Rockingham etc are more industrial.
I just checked an online map (bit hard to see exactly) but I think South Tce is a fairly large road running out of Freo to the South. Depending on what number your looking at will govern how far a walk it is into Freo shops/cafes etc. if im reading the map right it looks like the numbers start in Freo itself and the end of tce is around number 480, this looks to be roughly about a 25min walk away.
Hope it helps
Steve :)

sophia Jan 18th 2005 11:47 am

Originally Posted by steve99
You should be fine there, the views down the coastline will look a bit industrial. Cockburn (yes it is a place before someone asks :D pronnounced co-burn), Kwinana, Rockingham etc are more industrial.
I just checked an online map (bit hard to see exactly) but I think South Tce is a fairly large road running out of Freo to the South. Depending on what number your looking at will govern how far a walk it is into Freo shops/cafes etc. if im reading the map right it looks like the numbers start in Freo itself and the end of tce is around number 480, this looks to be roughly about a 25min walk away.
Hope it helps

South Tce runs past the hospital and down onto the cappucino strip, so depending on how far up/down you are you aren't too far from the main bit of freo...certainly not 25 mins walk!

BTW Steve, Kwinana is indeed industrial, but Rockingham most certainly is not...get your fact straight mate! ;) :D

love Sophia... (ROCKINGHAM) :p xx

SuperSeagulls Jan 18th 2005 3:20 pm

Hi,

Thanks you for replying – I have heard that Rockingham is defo not industrial as well.

The place I have found sounds ideal then. I just didn’t want to be staring at a big industrial factory during my stay but from the look of it I will be too close to the centre of Freo. I can’t imagine them putting a whacking great factory that close to Freo hehe.

I just heard that it is industrial south of Freo and I wasn’t sure where it all started.

Cheers, SS

steve99 Jan 19th 2005 2:33 am

Originally Posted by sophia
South Tce runs past the hospital and down onto the cappucino strip, so depending on how far up/down you are you aren't too far from the main bit of freo...certainly not 25 mins walk!

Yes it does but thats in Fremantle not South Fremantle the suburb boundary for S.Freo is at least 1KM from the cappucino strip, it then runs for about another 2km south till it ends. So depending on whereabout its could be 3KM away... how long does 3KM take to walk... the average walking pace is about 5.5KM/H so sorry I under estimated you could be over 30mins walk away... ;)

Originally Posted by sophia
BTW Steve, Kwinana is indeed industrial, but Rockingham most certainly is not...get your fact straight mate! ;) :D love Sophia... (ROCKINGHAM) :p xx

Sorry, I havent learnt my suburb boundaries either ;) I wasnt aware of where Kwinana ended and Rockingham started, I just remember going down to that huge grain terminal and the address being a Rockingham one not a Kwinana one...
and sitting in a cafe staring up the coast at the huge refinery, looked pretty industrial to me...
regards