Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

South Sydney Meet Up

South Sydney Meet Up

Old Mar 1st 2009, 12:44 am
Forum Regular

And Van Isla is on a distinguished road
Default South Sydney Meet Up

Wife and I have moved to south sydney (Cronulla). We have been here a few weeks now and are ready to start the difficult job of meeting new friends

We are both in our early 30's and have a toddler to contend with. We have moved out here like many of us not really knowing anyone.

Im a keen golfer if anyone fancies a game. I play off 22.

The place we are in has a pool. We have also just purchased a new 4 burner bbq and i'm itching to test it to the full.

If anyone wants to hook up just let me know.
Old Mar 1st 2009, 6:28 am
22B
BE Enthusiast

22B has a brilliant future22B has a brilliant future22B has a brilliant future22B has a brilliant future22B has a brilliant future22B has a brilliant future22B has a brilliant future
Default Re: South Sydney Meet Up

Hi, and welcome!

This may be too far away for you, but on Tuesday there is a coffee/lunch meet in Glenhaven (Hills District), usually ladies (but not exclusive), and at least two toddlers.

If you fancy exploring round this way anyway, then stop by for a chat, get some of your questions answered (!), and enjoy a day out.

The thread is titled something like "FTC Tuesday 3rd March, or PM me if you want more info.

- 22B
Old Mar 1st 2009, 7:54 pm
BE Forum Addict

Red_V_Roger has a reputation beyond reputeRed_V_Roger has a reputation beyond reputeRed_V_Roger has a reputation beyond reputeRed_V_Roger has a reputation beyond reputeRed_V_Roger has a reputation beyond reputeRed_V_Roger has a reputation beyond reputeRed_V_Roger has a reputation beyond reputeRed_V_Roger has a reputation beyond reputeRed_V_Roger has a reputation beyond reputeRed_V_Roger has a reputation beyond reputeRed_V_Roger has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by And Van Isla
Wife and I have moved to south sydney (Cronulla). We have been here a few weeks now and are ready to start the difficult job of meeting new friends

We are both in our early 30's and have a toddler to contend with. We have moved out here like many of us not really knowing anyone.

Im a keen golfer if anyone fancies a game. I play off 22.

The place we are in has a pool. We have also just purchased a new 4 burner bbq and i'm itching to test it to the full.

If anyone wants to hook up just let me know.
Hi, I've sent you a PM with our contact details. I think its about time we organised the 2nd Sutherland Shire meet up. I arranged the first one in Gymea..http://britishexpats.com/forum/showthread.php?t=519727

I'm thinking this time about doing something in Northies, Cronulla on a Saturday afternoon in a few weeks time.
Old Mar 1st 2009, 8:29 pm
From Wexford to Sydney

Sheilaxxx is on a distinguished road

northies on a saturday afternoon sounds good to me. good on ya roger

i pm vanessa. looking forward to hearing from you soon.

anne marie
Old Mar 3rd 2009, 1:41 am
BE Forum Addict

Red_V_Roger has a reputation beyond reputeRed_V_Roger has a reputation beyond reputeRed_V_Roger has a reputation beyond reputeRed_V_Roger has a reputation beyond reputeRed_V_Roger has a reputation beyond reputeRed_V_Roger has a reputation beyond reputeRed_V_Roger has a reputation beyond reputeRed_V_Roger has a reputation beyond reputeRed_V_Roger has a reputation beyond reputeRed_V_Roger has a reputation beyond reputeRed_V_Roger has a reputation beyond repute

Now confirmed...

SECOND SUTHERLAND/SOUTH SYDNEY MEET-UP

Calling all in Sutherland, Kirrawee, Gymea, Miranda, Caringbah, Sylvania, Menai, Cronulla, Como, Heathcote, Engadine, Yarrawarrah, Lucas Heights, Loftus, Waterfall, etc etc

NORTHIES CRONULLA HOTEL, Cnr Kingsway & Elouera Rd, 2PM Saturday, 21 March 2009

http://www.northies.com.au/aboutus.html

After our first meet up almost a year to the day, a few recent threads and posting by Britexpats in The Shire, I've decided to set a date and place for the second meet-up.

The Northies Hotel is right on the front corner opposite the main surf area in Cronulla. Its an easy walk from Cronulla railway station and also has large car park. Kids are welcome in the lounge during the day and there's a large area to sit outside if it’s nice. Meals/snacks are served. Taxi's are available from the rank just near the hotel.

Once again, the plan is just to have an informal get together over a beer or three and show that there is life beyond the CBD and northern beaches!

Last year was great and it will be good to see some of those faces again together with people that couldn’t make it last year and the new people that have moved this way in the last twelve months.

We’ll try to wear something obviously British – probably red and white St Helens Rugby League colours. (Just look at my photo on here) and sit somewhere prominent.

We got about twenty adults plus kids last year, which was really good.

I hope that we can have a good afternoon and that we'll all make some new friends in this great part of the world.

http://britishexpats.com/forum/showthread.php?t=595102
Old Mar 3rd 2009, 2:58 am
Forum Regular

And Van Isla is on a distinguished road

Thanks for the responses.

Northies Sounds like an excellent plan... looking forward to it.

It would be great if we can get a similar number of people this time out.
Old Mar 11th 2009, 11:36 am
From Wexford to Sydney

hey, i just thought i'd bump this up to the top again before it gets lost
Old Mar 11th 2009, 11:38 am
From Wexford to Sydney

woops sorry. meant to bump up the meet up