Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

south of the river suburbs in WA

south of the river suburbs in WA

Old Jun 15th 2003, 10:26 pm

kevpreece is an unknown quantity at this point
Cool south of the river suburbs in WA

Hello

when i get my visa i was hoping to go to Rockingham or Mandurah area south of Perth.

Just wanted to know if anyone else has been out there as i would like to know what their personal views are on these areas.

Single no kids so not interested in schools.

cheers

kev.

PB & Wilf - keep in sweet, dont want you hijacking my post, cheers mate.
Old Jun 16th 2003, 1:30 am
Banned

pommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: south of the river suburbs in WA

Originally posted by kevpreece
Hello

when i get my visa i was hoping to go to Rockingham or Mandurah area south of Perth.

Just wanted to know if anyone else has been out there as i would like to know what their personal views are on these areas.

Single no kids so not interested in schools.

cheers

kev.

PB & Wilf - keep in sweet, dont want you hijacking my post, cheers mate.
You seem more interested in a place to live than to work do you intend to retire because there is great spots in Mandurah but no longer cheap blocks also little work and as for Rockingham its the pits but Secret Habor just down the road is great but again expect $150k plus for a good block then you need $250 to put a good home on it.
There are some built homes cheaper but watch location , sea and golf course views cost but are the ones to go for.

Old Jun 16th 2003, 2:24 am
BE Enthusiast

Jacqui has a reputation beyond reputeJacqui has a reputation beyond reputeJacqui has a reputation beyond reputeJacqui has a reputation beyond reputeJacqui has a reputation beyond reputeJacqui has a reputation beyond reputeJacqui has a reputation beyond reputeJacqui has a reputation beyond reputeJacqui has a reputation beyond reputeJacqui has a reputation beyond reputeJacqui has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: south of the river suburbs in WA

Mandurah is no longer the retirees village that it used to be, try convincing the people who live in Perth though! It's a lovely city, but I think as a single chap Rockingham might have more going for it, if you like the pub & club scene I mean. Workwise, depends what you do, if you're in IT then you'll almost certainly be working in Perth, but if you're a tradesman then they seem to be in demand everywhere.

As you're single, at least you could have the benefit of being able to stay in each of the cities and suss out for yourself which you prefer once you get here, we have three kids who had to start school fairly soon, so moving around wasn't an option. You can get loads of different opinions on the two places here, but if you perhaps live somewhere in between (like Secret Harbour) then it's an easy drive 20 minutes north to Rockingham or 20 minutes south to Mandurah.

Mandurah is set to boom investment-wise with the new rail link expected here in 2007, so that's something to consider. There are rough parts of Rockingham that are best avoided so stick to the southern suburbs like Port Kennedy, Safety Bay, Waikiki. Both cities though have lovely beaches and plenty of things going for them, plenty of shops, sports facilities etc., we never wanted to live in the busy city of Perth, so looks like we made the right choice settling in Mandurah.
Old Jun 16th 2003, 6:07 am
Forum Regular

paula m is an unknown quantity at this point

If you do go to mandurah or rockingham then you may like to look at this web site and it will tell you all you need to know about both areas

www.pelicanpals.co.uk
paula
Old Jun 16th 2003, 4:10 pm
BE Forum Addict

karawara88 is an unknown quantity at this point

Also Pelican Pals has accomodation available for six weeks from July 2nd, get picked up from airport, taken to fully furnished house etc. All at a fantastic price, so get yourself a holiday booked now. Pelican Pals