Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

South Perth or North Perth...??

South Perth or North Perth...??

Old Jun 30th 2006, 1:35 pm
Never regret the past...

Swotsmart has a brilliant futureSwotsmart has a brilliant futureSwotsmart has a brilliant futureSwotsmart has a brilliant futureSwotsmart has a brilliant futureSwotsmart has a brilliant future
Default South Perth or North Perth...??

Your thoughts please....

I have been to Perth 3 times and spent all of my time in the North - Hillarys, City Beach, Trigg, Subiaco etc...All my friends are in the North basically. However, since I got a job offer, we have been trying to get school places for our 2 kids 9 and 5 in the Northern suburbs with NO success.

Wesley College South of the river has just offered us places for the kids therefore, we would be looking to live near the school which means looking for some place in the southern suburbs.

Question is; are there any places in the south that compare favourably to Hillarys, City Beach etc.?

Cheers!
Old Jun 30th 2006, 2:20 pm
BE Forum Addict

NKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond reputeNKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond reputeNKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond reputeNKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond reputeNKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond reputeNKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond reputeNKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond reputeNKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond reputeNKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond reputeNKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond reputeNKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: South Perth or North Perth...??

Originally Posted by Swotsmart
Your thoughts please....

I have been to Perth 3 times and spent all of my time in the North - Hillarys, City Beach, Trigg, Subiaco etc...All my friends are in the North basically. However, since I got a job offer, we have been trying to get school places for our 2 kids 9 and 5 in the Northern suburbs with NO success.

Wesley College South of the river has just offered us places for the kids therefore, we would be looking to live near the school which means looking for some place in the southern suburbs.

Question is; are there any places in the south that compare favourably to Hillarys, City Beach etc.?

Cheers!
There are a number of really nice suburbs in south perth (which is where Wesley is) - with prices to match.

South Perth itself - next to river - is very nice. This would be your best bet for Wesley. Como isn't bad and still close. Further away there is Rossmoyne, and further still (but I think, nicer) there are the suburbs of Mt Pleasant, Applecross and Ardross. All of these are still only 10 minutes from South Perth and Wesley and very nice although river suburbs and not coastal (but this is no bad thing).

Hope your wallet's happy though. Wesley fees and those suburbs are all hefty prices!!
Old Jun 30th 2006, 6:58 pm
Never regret the past...

Swotsmart has a brilliant futureSwotsmart has a brilliant futureSwotsmart has a brilliant futureSwotsmart has a brilliant futureSwotsmart has a brilliant futureSwotsmart has a brilliant future
Default Re: South Perth or North Perth...??

Originally Posted by NKSK version 2
There are a number of really nice suburbs in south perth (which is where Wesley is) - with prices to match.

South Perth itself - next to river - is very nice. This would be your best bet for Wesley. Como isn't bad and still close. Further away there is Rossmoyne, and further still (but I think, nicer) there are the suburbs of Mt Pleasant, Applecross and Ardross. All of these are still only 10 minutes from South Perth and Wesley and very nice although river suburbs and not coastal (but this is no bad thing).

Hope your wallet's happy though. Wesley fees and those suburbs are all hefty prices!!
Thanks for your response...I know the fees at Wesley is high , my preference was St Stephens or St Marks both in the northern suburbs but they are over subscribed and we simply didn't have a chance hence Wesley. Mind you, compared to the UK, Wesley is relatively cheap.

Cheers!