Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

South East or London meet?

South East or London meet?

Old Jun 1st 2005, 9:25 pm
Up The Arse!!

wengerboy has a reputation beyond reputewengerboy has a reputation beyond reputewengerboy has a reputation beyond reputewengerboy has a reputation beyond reputewengerboy has a reputation beyond reputewengerboy has a reputation beyond reputewengerboy has a reputation beyond reputewengerboy has a reputation beyond reputewengerboy has a reputation beyond reputewengerboy has a reputation beyond reputewengerboy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: South East or London meet?

Originally Posted by fraser
Yeah Snowbunny had the Idea to turn him claret & blue, so Toon replaced the colour on all 30 frames and sent them to Wayne who put it back together again, only all the black bits turned transparent

They are going to try and remedy it
was that during monday`s game
Old Jun 1st 2005, 9:25 pm
BE Forum Addict

Sue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond repute

Yeah Snowbunny had the Idea to turn him claret & blue, so Toon replaced the colour on all 30 frames and sent them to Wayne who put it back together again, only all the black bits turned transparent

They are going to try and remedy it

Looks very odd

Are you bringing your kids? have you looked at that link? any ideas? questions.... questions
Old Jun 1st 2005, 9:28 pm

fraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Sue2
Looks very odd

Are you bringing your kids? have you looked at that link? any ideas? question.... questions
If we come, which we intend to it will be with the kids.

Although this may deter people from emigrating as they'll probably choose not to live on the same Continent as them
Old Jun 1st 2005, 9:29 pm
BE Forum Addict

Sue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond repute

If we come, which we intend to it will be with the kids.

Although this may deter people from emigrating as they'll probably choose not to live on the same Continent as them

Are they that bad!! I bet your looking forward to your flight
Old Jun 1st 2005, 9:33 pm

fraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond repute

Are they that bad!! I bet your looking forward to your flight
Bad enough we've done the flight twice with Henry and once with Bobby.

Henry was 16months old the first time and I spent most of the flight running up and down the aisles following him while apologising to evreyone he'd slammed into and woken up

We call him forest gump all he does is run around and now Bobby who's 18 months follows him
Old Jun 1st 2005, 10:00 pm
BE Forum Addict

Bad enough we've done the flight twice with Henry and once with Bobby.

Henry was 16months old the first time and I spent most of the flight running up and down the aisles following him while apologising to evreyone he'd slammed into and woken up

We call him forest gump all he does is run around and now Bobby who's 18 months follows him
Good luck!!!

Morgan my daughter will be fine...Cameron will be very different... moan... moan... moan I`ll have to get the whisky out
Old Jun 1st 2005, 10:04 pm
BE Forum Addict

Just had a pm from Netta, how about these..www.pubs.com/children.htm
Old Jun 1st 2005, 10:23 pm

Good luck!!!

Morgan my daughter will be fine...Cameron will be very different... moan... moan... moan I`ll have to get the whisky out
I sent you a blue box

You'll be on the same flight as us wont you

I'll have a look at the list later
Old Jun 1st 2005, 10:29 pm
BE Forum Addict

Cheers...I`ve sent you some back Netta has found a good place, she is gonna get some more info and post it on here in the morning

Night

Sue
Old Jun 1st 2005, 11:11 pm
BE Enthusiast

JohnAndNetta has a reputation beyond reputeJohnAndNetta has a reputation beyond reputeJohnAndNetta has a reputation beyond reputeJohnAndNetta has a reputation beyond reputeJohnAndNetta has a reputation beyond reputeJohnAndNetta has a reputation beyond reputeJohnAndNetta has a reputation beyond reputeJohnAndNetta has a reputation beyond reputeJohnAndNetta has a reputation beyond reputeJohnAndNetta has a reputation beyond reputeJohnAndNetta has a reputation beyond repute

Cheers...I`ve sent you some back Netta has found a good place, she is gonna get some more info and post it on here in the morning

Night

Sue

Ok – me and Sue2 have been scouring the world wide web till very very late! So we need approval for the next venue and then masses of Karma if we’re all agreed (By the way - Sue's already got a lot more Karma than me - just thought I'd mention that first....).

So how about this one then……..

"The Plume Of Feathers is the oldest public house in Greenwich being built in 1691. There is a warm and friendly atmosphere, the bar is lit by candlelight as is the restaurant. We have a pretty walled garden and a safe and entertaining room for the children. We have a beautiful room overlooking Greenwich Park which is a popular venue for wedding breakfasts etc. The plume is adjacent to the British maritime museum".

links for The Plume of feathers – Greenwich :

http://www.fancyapint.com/main_site/thepubs/pub1235.htm

There are also some good reviews of this pub on the following website :

http://www.beerintheevening.com/pubs...hers/Greenwich

http://www.pub-explorer.com/olpg/plu...ers/greenwich/

I’ll start by saying I’ve never been there myself (so don't blame me for anything please), but it looks to satisfy all our criteria:

Its child friendly, serves good food, has ample parking, is near a tube, you can get a boat from Charing Cross (takes 45 mins, runs every 30 mins), or Tower Pier -adjacent to Tower of London (takes 30 mins, runs every 30 mins) or Westminster (takes 55 mins, runs every 30 mins), so that might be something nice for the kids.

I think it’s relatively easy to get to for Kent people (Sue2 has confirmed this)

If you get bored, or you simply don’t want to spend all day at the pub, you’ve got Cutty Sark, Maritime museum, etc and also I found this little snippet:

Greenwich Market has had a royal charter since 1700. From Thursday to Sunday, its cobbled stones are packed with traders’ stalls selling arts, crafts, antiques and collectables plus a food court at weekends. Two other weekend markets have stalls and shops with furniture, fashion, food, bric-a-brac, clothes and plants. The markets are a major attraction for visitors and locals giving the streets and alleyways of Greenwich an extra buzz at weekends and bank holidays.

My only concern is making sure we can all sit together, so after we’ve had some feedback (hopefully positive) from all you lovely people out there I’ll phone the pub up and see if its possible to reserve some space on Sunday 3rd July. It might be an idea to know who would be eating, as this might encourage the manager to allow us to reserve an area. Also time of arrival : should we say 12:00? This would allow time for people to meet, eat, chat, then drift off if they have other plans for the day, though if its a nice day I think me and hubbie might last for the duration!

So what d'ya reckon then ????????

Netta
Old Jun 2nd 2005, 5:24 am

Originally Posted by JohnAndNetta
Ok – me and Sue2 have been scouring the world wide web till very very late! So we need approval for the next venue and then masses of Karma if we’re all agreed (By the way - Sue's already got a lot more Karma than me - just thought I'd mention that first....).

Netta
I've sent you two blue boxe for all your hard work
Old Jun 2nd 2005, 6:40 am
BE Enthusiast

JohnAndNetta has a reputation beyond reputeJohnAndNetta has a reputation beyond reputeJohnAndNetta has a reputation beyond reputeJohnAndNetta has a reputation beyond reputeJohnAndNetta has a reputation beyond reputeJohnAndNetta has a reputation beyond reputeJohnAndNetta has a reputation beyond reputeJohnAndNetta has a reputation beyond reputeJohnAndNetta has a reputation beyond reputeJohnAndNetta has a reputation beyond reputeJohnAndNetta has a reputation beyond repute

I've sent you two blue boxe for all your hard work
Bloody hell - you're up early! Couldn't you sleep? Thanks for the Karma by the way. I take it you're happy with the choice?
Netta
Old Jun 2nd 2005, 6:43 am

Bloody hell - you're up early! Couldn't you sleep? Thanks for the Karma by the way. I take it you're happy with the choice?
Netta
I'm always up early

To be honest haven't looked that clsely at it yet just thought I'd send you some k for your efforts
Old Jun 2nd 2005, 7:30 am
BE Forum Addict

Morning well done Netta, sent you some K......Greenwich is great and on Sunday has loads to do if everyone likes the palce, I`ll search for maps for the car parks...there are three that I know of I`ll sort out maps if everyone is happy with the pub

Sue
Old Jun 2nd 2005, 7:53 am
Forum Regular

JG04 is just really niceJG04 is just really niceJG04 is just really niceJG04 is just really niceJG04 is just really niceJG04 is just really niceJG04 is just really niceJG04 is just really niceJG04 is just really niceJG04 is just really niceJG04 is just really nice

Hi John and Netta,
Sounds fine. Glad you found somewhere sent some karma.
My friend wasn't much help as she says she doesn't go to pubs that cater for children!!!
Looking forward to it.

So how about this one then……..

"The Plume Of Feathers is the oldest public house in Greenwich being built in 1691. There is a warm and friendly atmosphere, the bar is lit by candlelight as is the restaurant. We have a pretty walled garden and a safe and entertaining room for the children. We have a beautiful room overlooking Greenwich Park which is a popular venue for wedding breakfasts etc. The plume is adjacent to the British maritime museum".

links for The Plume of feathers – Greenwich :

http://www.fancyapint.com/main_site/thepubs/pub1235.htm

There are also some good reviews of this pub on the following website :

http://www.beerintheevening.com/pubs...hers/Greenwich

http://www.pub-explorer.com/olpg/plu...ers/greenwich/

I’ll start by saying I’ve never been there myself (so don't blame me for anything please), but it looks to satisfy all our criteria:

Its child friendly, serves good food, has ample parking, is near a tube, you can get a boat from Charing Cross (takes 45 mins, runs every 30 mins), or Tower Pier -adjacent to Tower of London (takes 30 mins, runs every 30 mins) or Westminster (takes 55 mins, runs every 30 mins), so that might be something nice for the kids.

I think it’s relatively easy to get to for Kent people (Sue2 has confirmed this)

If you get bored, or you simply don’t want to spend all day at the pub, you’ve got Cutty Sark, Maritime museum, etc and also I found this little snippet:

Greenwich Market has had a royal charter since 1700. From Thursday to Sunday, its cobbled stones are packed with traders’ stalls selling arts, crafts, antiques and collectables plus a food court at weekends. Two other weekend markets have stalls and shops with furniture, fashion, food, bric-a-brac, clothes and plants. The markets are a major attraction for visitors and locals giving the streets and alleyways of Greenwich an extra buzz at weekends and bank holidays.

My only concern is making sure we can all sit together, so after we’ve had some feedback (hopefully positive) from all you lovely people out there I’ll phone the pub up and see if its possible to reserve some space on Sunday 3rd July. It might be an idea to know who would be eating, as this might encourage the manager to allow us to reserve an area. Also time of arrival : should we say 12:00? This would allow time for people to meet, eat, chat, then drift off if they have other plans for the day, though if its a nice day I think me and hubbie might last for the duration!

So what d'ya reckon then ????????

Netta

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.