British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Australia (https://britishexpats.com/forum/australia-54/)
-   -   South East or London meet? (https://britishexpats.com/forum/australia-54/south-east-london-meet-305192/)

tracey.d May 25th 2005 9:16 pm

South East or London meet?

I plan to leave for Brisbane later this year. I would like to meet as many people from here as I can before I go. I am organising a North East meet but would love to go to a couple of others.

Before I leave I plan to visit my sister who lives not far from Brighton. I'm also going to visit friends in London and Birmingham.
I have noticed there is going to be a meet in Birmingham next month so I think I will plan to visit the friend there at around that time.

Is there any South East or London meets coming up? Trying to be very organised and fit everything in :D

Tracey.

DollyDaydream May 25th 2005 9:18 pm

Re: South East or London meet?

Originally Posted by tracey.d
Is there any South East or London meets coming up? Trying to be very organised and fit everything in :D

Tracey.

If there is, I'd be interested

D D

fraser May 25th 2005 9:19 pm

I plan to leave for Brisbane later this year. I would like to meet as many people from here as I can before I go. I am organising a North East meet but would love to go to a couple of others.

Before I leave I plan to visit my sister who lives not far from Brighton. I'm also going to visit friends in London and Birmingham.
I have noticed there is going to be a meet in Birmingham next month so I think I will plan to visit the friend there at around that time.

Tracey.

We'd probably be up for a london meet

tracey.d May 25th 2005 9:21 pm

Originally Posted by DollyDaydream
If there is, I'd be interested

D D

I've been on and off this site for about a year now and have missed a few meets because of other commitments. I'd love to go to a couple. Have you been to any before?

tracey.d May 25th 2005 9:22 pm

Would either of you be up for organising one?
Would do it myself but don't know anywhere :D

DollyDaydream May 25th 2005 9:28 pm

I've been on and off this site for about a year now and have missed a few meets because of other commitments. I'd love to go to a couple. Have you been to any before?

Went to the Mornington one recently and met up with a few BEers when the Australian Expo was on in Earls court last October. It was really nice to be able to put names to faces. I think there may have been an essex meet earlier this month although I'm not sure if it went ahead.

D D

JAR123 May 25th 2005 9:42 pm

When and where?,Any ideas?

Anyone else interested?

DollyDaydream May 25th 2005 9:44 pm

Originally Posted by JAR123

Anyone else interested?

I did try to get a Bucks & surrounding areas meet up a while back but didn't have much interest. Mind you, there's a lot of new peeps on the board now, so fingers crossed.

D D

tracey.d May 25th 2005 9:46 pm

Originally Posted by JAR123

Anyone else interested?

Are you looking at London or South East?
Mind, I suppose if yo are from those areas it would be pretty easy to get to both.

I would be interested in either. Can make it any time in August, if it's arranged soon enough. Otherwise I'll have to wait and see what shifts I'm working as to whether I can make it or not.

Tracey.

JAR123 May 26th 2005 6:20 am

thought I would bump this to the top again .

Sue2 May 26th 2005 3:54 pm

:eek: You`ve started something here :D ;) I done a Kent meet a while back took sooooooo long to get us lot in the South east to get there bums into gear!!!!

Depends on where and when... we`ll try to come to it :)

Sue

Secretsquirral May 26th 2005 4:47 pm

Hi

We are in Surrey and heading to Brisbane - we would be up for it if one is arranged!

Debbie

louise4 May 26th 2005 4:52 pm

we'd be up for it as well

tonyk38 May 26th 2005 4:55 pm

Tracey.

Hi Tracey! :)

I went to the last Central London meet and had a really good time. The turn out was pretty good too. I'd be up for another Central London meet, as I can get to those easily, as I don't drive. Anything out in the 'Burbs might be a bit trickier for me to get to. :)

There was supposed to be a Sussex meet recently, though it seemed to vanish of the forum, so I don't know if it went ahead.

Sue2 May 26th 2005 5:14 pm

Originally Posted by louise4
we'd be up for it as well

How about Sidcup or Welling are :D ;) Its ment to be very nice there :p