Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

South Australian Wiring Regulations.

South Australian Wiring Regulations.

Old Sep 20th 2003, 7:58 am
Monaco here we!!! oh no

ADELAIDE BOUND is an unknown quantity at this point
Default South Australian Wiring Regulations.

Hi All
I would like to get an advanced copy of the South Australian Wiring regulations. I suppose they must be similar to our 16th edition IEE regs.
Does anybody know an e-mail address or web site that I can purchase the book.

I have been told that the wiring regulations in Australia differ from state to state. Is this true?

Would it mean for example that an Electrician who gains certification for Western Australia would have to take an exam to allow them to work in South Australia if they decided to move states.

Cheers
Old Sep 20th 2003, 8:03 am
BE Forum Addict

r.bartlett has a brilliant futurer.bartlett has a brilliant futurer.bartlett has a brilliant futurer.bartlett has a brilliant futurer.bartlett has a brilliant futurer.bartlett has a brilliant future

steve bannister and jockney will have all the answers on this one for sure..

cheers

richard
Old Sep 20th 2003, 8:30 am
Forum Regular

HazelG is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi

we did have a link - I'll try to find it & post it later.

I'm sure they cost around 80 AUD.
Andy's still undecided whether to get them now or wait until we get out there.

Hazel
Old Sep 20th 2003, 8:39 am
Monaco here we!!! oh no

Originally posted by HazelG
Hi

we did have a link - I'll try to find it & post it later.

I'm sure they cost around 80 AUD.
Andy's still undecided whether to get them now or wait until we get out there.

Hazel
Hi
Know what you mean, I have been thinking that myself.

I suppose I just would like to be able to gem up on the regs in advance to enable me to take the exam straight away on arriving in Adelaide.

It would be just another item ticked off the list.

Cheers.
Old Sep 20th 2003, 8:50 am
Forum Regular

HazelG is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi again

try this link (I haven't worked out how to cut & paste links yet so here goes!!!!!!!):

http://www.standards.com.au/catalogue/Script/search.asp

hope it works

Hazel
Old Sep 20th 2003, 10:52 am
BE Enthusiast

Wendy&Mike has a brilliant futureWendy&Mike has a brilliant futureWendy&Mike has a brilliant futureWendy&Mike has a brilliant futureWendy&Mike has a brilliant futureWendy&Mike has a brilliant future

I found this while looking around.

Mike.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf
waer.pdf (565.8 KB, 611 views)
Old Sep 20th 2003, 11:26 am
I Know What's Going On!

SteveBannister is a jewel in the roughSteveBannister is a jewel in the roughSteveBannister is a jewel in the roughSteveBannister is a jewel in the roughSteveBannister is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: South Australian Wiring Regulations.

Originally posted by ADELAIDE BOUND
Hi All
I would like to get an advanced copy of the South Australian Wiring regulations. I suppose they must be similar to our 16th edition IEE regs.

I have been told that the wiring regulations in Australia differ from state to state. Is this true?

Would it mean for example that an Electrician who gains certification for Western Australia would have to take an exam to allow them to work in South Australia if they decided to move states.

Cheers
Hi, the links below are for the Australian wiring regs (AS/NZ3000), Domestic installations (AS/NZ 3018) and for the Testing Regs (AS/NZ 3017). Download the PDF format and you save on the GST and also get a discount for not living in Australia.

http://www.standards.com.au/catalog...h=Search&Max=15

Invaluable!

I tried a few bookshops here in the UK (including WH Smiths) and they couldn't help. Also, when you buy the PDF version over the internet, it includes all the latest ammendments. Further ammendments are also free. If you do manage to find a bookshop that can get it for you, you will and up paying the full price. When you are buying all three books like I did, getting them downloaded is certainly cheaper.

Yes they do vary from state to state.

Steve.

Last edited by SteveBannister; Sep 20th 2003 at 11:32 am.
Old Sep 20th 2003, 11:30 am
Proudly Deplorable

Amazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond repute

If you do manage to find a bookshop that can get it for you, you will and up paying the full price as well as our own VAT.
There's no VAT on books in the UK.
Old Sep 20th 2003, 6:56 pm
Monaco here we!!! oh no

Hi All

Cheers
Thanks to you all for the great information.
Much Appreciated.

Cheers.
Old Sep 20th 2003, 10:36 pm
BE Enthusiast

jockney is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi
Know what you mean, I have been thinking that myself.

I suppose I just would like to be able to gem up on the regs in advance to enable me to take the exam straight away on arriving in Adelaide.

It would be just another item ticked off the list.

Cheers.
I dont think you can just take the exam.You used to in wa but when I saw the license people 2 years ago in adelaide they said I would have to do the coarse.Even leccys not practising for a while in sa had to do the coarse againor a refresher.I am off tomorrow and arrive on wed in adelaide where I will be chasing these things up.watch this space.Peertech training do intensive coarses which only take afew weeks of half days. jockney
oh yea and another tip if you`ve been accessed by tra make sure dimia give you YOUR paperworkback as alot of people had problems with that when they apply for there ARTC.
Old Sep 20th 2003, 11:06 pm
Monaco here we!!! oh no

Originally posted by jockney
I dont think you can just take the exam.You used to in wa but when I saw the license people 2 years ago in adelaide they said I would have to do the coarse.Even leccys not practising for a while in sa had to do the coarse againor a refresher.I am off tomorrow and arrive on wed in adelaide where I will be chasing these things up.watch this space.Peertech training do intensive coarses which only take afew weeks of half days. jockney
oh yea and another tip if you`ve been accessed by tra make sure dimia give you YOUR paperworkback as alot of people had problems with that when they apply for there ARTC.

Thanks Jockney
Look forward to your e-mails. And yes I managed to get a copy of my TRA assessment.
Cheers.
Old Sep 20th 2003, 11:17 pm
Just Joined

bessie is an unknown quantity at this point

hi
i am a sparky just moved to brisbane. the game here is that even thiugh the trade people classed me as an electrical mechanic,i am not allowed to work unsupervised,well wot happens is i work on me tod all week then a licensed spark comes in and says yup thats fine.i have to do this for 6 months then take the regs test and the testing test.i am allowed to have an apprentice with me and the hourly rate in qld, on the books permanent is $16.09 p/hr
hopes this helps
ian
Old Sep 21st 2003, 9:13 am
Monaco here we!!! oh no

Originally posted by bessie
hi
i am a sparky just moved to brisbane. the game here is that even thiugh the trade people classed me as an electrical mechanic,i am not allowed to work unsupervised,well wot happens is i work on me tod all week then a licensed spark comes in and says yup thats fine.i have to do this for 6 months then take the regs test and the testing test.i am allowed to have an apprentice with me and the hourly rate in qld, on the books permanent is $16.09 p/hr
hopes this helps
ian
Jesus
Glad I wont have a mortgage.
Thanks for the info.

Cheers.