Old Dec 15th 2007, 2:34 pm
stuck in twilight

pike is on a distinguished road
Default South Australia or Queensland

I wan't to go back to Australia but wife says it was too hot in Brisbane
is it much cooler in the south thanks Alby
Old Dec 15th 2007, 2:43 pm
What's happening dudes?

wmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: South Australia or Queensland

Originally Posted by pike
I wan't to go back to Australia but wife says it was too hot in Brisbane
is it much cooler in the south thanks Alby
The winters are cooler but summer days can get hotter (the humidity actually regulates the temperature up here).
Old Dec 15th 2007, 2:51 pm
why
BE Forum Addict

why has a reputation beyond reputewhy has a reputation beyond reputewhy has a reputation beyond reputewhy has a reputation beyond reputewhy has a reputation beyond reputewhy has a reputation beyond reputewhy has a reputation beyond reputewhy has a reputation beyond reputewhy has a reputation beyond reputewhy has a reputation beyond reputewhy has a reputation beyond repute

the heat is different
in Queensland it's mostly humid heat and lots of tropical rain...
in South Australia it's dry desert heat and bloody freezing southerly winds fresh from Antarctica which i rather like...
when i was in Queensland i couldn't wait to get back to South aus to get into the windy bit.

one thing for sure...for both
the sun will shine everyday
you will enjoy being out in the rain
in winter you know there will be a summer
and in the summer you look forward to the coolness of winter
Old Dec 15th 2007, 3:07 pm
What's happening dudes?

wmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by why
the heat is different
in South Australia it's dry desert heat and bloody freezing southerly winds fresh from Antarctica which i rather like...
when i was in Queensland i couldn't wait to get back to South aus to get into the windy bit.

It's funny because Brisbane often seems to get billed as not having a winter and it's not true. Sure we don't get snow or anything but certainly back in September and early Oct it got chilly at times and I found myself wearing socks in the house and a coat when going out.

The humidity isn't always an issue and apart from a handful of summer days I haven't really noticed it.
Old Dec 15th 2007, 3:12 pm
why
BE Forum Addict

why has a reputation beyond reputewhy has a reputation beyond reputewhy has a reputation beyond reputewhy has a reputation beyond reputewhy has a reputation beyond reputewhy has a reputation beyond reputewhy has a reputation beyond reputewhy has a reputation beyond reputewhy has a reputation beyond reputewhy has a reputation beyond reputewhy has a reputation beyond repute

we went camping last year on the Murry it was 48c when its like that the only place to be is in the river up to your waist in a deck chair...(you can drink and pee at the same time!!!)
on Friday i went to a carol service and i needed a hat scarf and coat when the weather comes from the south it's cold from the North and its hot......
Old Dec 16th 2007, 11:23 am
stuck in twilight

pike is on a distinguished road

We moved to Brisbane in December it Was quite hot for the wife I loved it as it got near end of june you could feel the chill of a night then we came back to the UK and now i want to go back so we have to decide which would be the best climate for her.
Old Dec 16th 2007, 11:45 am
why
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by pike
We moved to Brisbane in December it Was quite hot for the wife I loved it as it got near end of june you could feel the chill of a night then we came back to the UK and now i want to go back so we have to decide which would be the best climate for her.
the days that are in 40's are hard work.....but it has to be swimming so it isn't too bad!!!
most of the engish who i know like the cool winters....it's cooler here in the winter than brissy
Old Dec 17th 2007, 10:33 am
Forum Regular

ellie10990 is a name known to allellie10990 is a name known to allellie10990 is a name known to allellie10990 is a name known to allellie10990 is a name known to allellie10990 is a name known to allellie10990 is a name known to allellie10990 is a name known to allellie10990 is a name known to allellie10990 is a name known to allellie10990 is a name known to all

IM in SA so cant comment on brissy.

The winters here are cold not by uk standards dont need a heavy coat,hat gloves etc but the houses are freezing inside.We had plug in heaters,electric blankets etc and not just in the mornings either.

I dont find the summer heat here too bad though but it can be 20s one day and 40 the next
Old Dec 20th 2007, 6:08 pm
jonah

jonah38 has much to be proud ofjonah38 has much to be proud ofjonah38 has much to be proud ofjonah38 has much to be proud ofjonah38 has much to be proud ofjonah38 has much to be proud ofjonah38 has much to be proud ofjonah38 has much to be proud ofjonah38 has much to be proud ofjonah38 has much to be proud ofjonah38 has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by why
the heat is different

Queensland is a big place! North QLD Cairns may well be tropical and humid and very wet at times but Sunshine Coast down to Brisbane is not humid. Its just hot sometimes. The sun does not shine everyday at all -anywhere! The rain can be torrential and last for weeks and weeks. Ask those that actualy live on sunshine coast down to Gold Coast. South Australia can definitley be as cold, if not colder than UK. Never had electric blankets when in UK but certainly needed them in Perth, Freemantle and Margaret river areas.

Melbourne and Adelaide are absolutely freezing in July and Aug and everyone - everyone walks around in big coats when doing there shopping. I am sure that i must of visited a different country for 9 months because completely missed the all year sun shine
Old Dec 20th 2007, 6:38 pm
Banned

Timber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jonah38
Queensland is a big place! North QLD Cairns may well be tropical and humid and very wet at times but Sunshine Coast down to Brisbane is not humid. Its just hot sometimes. The sun does not shine everyday at all -anywhere! The rain can be torrential and last for weeks and weeks. Ask those that actualy live on sunshine coast down to Gold Coast.

Brisbane is not humid ?

Its just hot sometimes ?

The rain can be torrential and last for weeks and weeks ?

Fark , thats pretty factual NOT !
Old Dec 20th 2007, 7:20 pm
BE Enthusiast

Coppock is a glorious beacon of lightCoppock is a glorious beacon of lightCoppock is a glorious beacon of lightCoppock is a glorious beacon of lightCoppock is a glorious beacon of lightCoppock is a glorious beacon of lightCoppock is a glorious beacon of lightCoppock is a glorious beacon of lightCoppock is a glorious beacon of lightCoppock is a glorious beacon of lightCoppock is a glorious beacon of light

Queensland is a big place! North QLD Cairns may well be tropical and humid and very wet at times but Sunshine Coast down to Brisbane is not humid. Its just hot sometimes. The sun does not shine everyday at all -anywhere! The rain can be torrential and last for weeks and weeks. Ask those that actualy live on sunshine coast down to Gold Coast. South Australia can definitley be as cold, if not colder than UK. Never had electric blankets when in UK but certainly needed them in Perth, Freemantle and Margaret river areas.

Melbourne and Adelaide are absolutely freezing in July and Aug and everyone - everyone walks around in big coats when doing there shopping. I am sure that i must of visited a different country for 9 months because completely missed the all year sun shine

Colder than the UK??? Freezing in July & August??? FREEZING????!!!!!

Is global warming that severe? We have constant rain and brown water and you have colder weather and frozen vineyards??? Do the surfers wear duffle coats lol
Old Dec 20th 2007, 7:25 pm
jonah

jonah38 has much to be proud ofjonah38 has much to be proud ofjonah38 has much to be proud ofjonah38 has much to be proud ofjonah38 has much to be proud ofjonah38 has much to be proud ofjonah38 has much to be proud ofjonah38 has much to be proud ofjonah38 has much to be proud ofjonah38 has much to be proud ofjonah38 has much to be proud of

Not sure if that is what they call sarcasm!

Your not one of those who sees the sun shining every day despite the fact its pissing down and blowing a gale are you? People ask for a personal view on this forum. I have my visa and have seen Australia for real! My personal view was seen through the eyes of a migrant looking for the best place to live, kids schools, jobs etc etc so i think what i have to say is releveant and real. I was fortunate to see more of OZ than most Aussies ever will - so i was told by Aussies!

I travelled the best part of OZ for 9 months this year and visited most places on the way. - Darwin, Cairns, Alice Springs, Townsville, Magnetic Island, Airlie beach, Hervey Bay, Noosa, Malloolaba, Maroochy, Caloundra, Brisbane, Surfers, Gold Coast, Sydney, Coffs, Byron Bay, Melbourne, Snowy Mountains, Adelaide, Perth, Freemantle, Margaret River, Kalbari, Shark Bay, Exmouth, Karratha, Port Headland and Broome. All very different places and sometimes worlds apart from each other. A fantastic country with lots to do for me- Skydiving, Surfing, Scuba diving, Snorkelling etc etc.

The biggest dissapointment was the weather.

Caloundra up to Noosa (Sunshine Coast) was battered in May, Aug and Sep this year. Not sure about June and July as i wasnt there then. Torrential rains and winds wrecked houses, caused flooding, uprooted trees, people died!

Further south to the Gold coast they had exactly the same. Surfers, currubin, rainbow beach areas had the worst weather in 100 years. Rained everyday for 3 weeks solid and then every other day for a further month whilst we where there! Further south still through Byron bay to south west they had torrential rains, floodings, ships washed ashore, roads collapsing and people dead!

Aussies often said this was all normal and asked us why we bothered and advised us only to go back in Dec to Feb! To sit in your house in Brisbane and see a rosy scene outside is fine, but when its not please admit its not!
Old Dec 20th 2007, 7:29 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond repute

I've lived in Adelaide for a year and half, and I have not worn a big coat since I got here. I have a fleece cardie that comes out in July for a few days though (mostly at night )
Old Dec 20th 2007, 7:34 pm
jonah

Originally Posted by Coppock
Colder than the UK??? Freezing in July & August??? FREEZING????!!!!!

Is global warming that severe? We have constant rain and brown water and you have colder weather and frozen vineyards??? Do the surfers wear duffle coats lol
Yes im afraid so. It was bloody cold then and my daughter is still in Melbourne now and says it was still cold in Oct/Nov. We went skiing in SA Perisher Blue for a week in July. Yes it snows for 3 months in that part of Australia beleve it or not. You would be very surprised at how many Aussies dont now it snows in OZ and you can ski in there own country. We spoke to loads who thought we where lying!

Blinkers on about the weather in OZ- fact!
Old Dec 20th 2007, 7:46 pm
jonah

Originally Posted by Wendy
I've lived in Adelaide for a year and half, and I have not worn a big coat since I got here. I have a fleece cardie that comes out in July for a few days though (mostly at night )
We landed in Adelaide from Alice Springs. Alice Springs was -3 at night so we cut our stay there short and flew to Adelaide. Adelaide was dissmal, drizzly, dark and damp during the day and cold at night. As travellers we wanted to see as much as possible so spent all day and night outside. Needed warm waterproof coats so wore our ski jackets. Its different to being indoors all day working and only going out to the shop every other night and having to wear a fleece but when your out all day and night we needed more than a fleece.

I've lived in UK all my life and never bought a pair of wellies and hardly ever wear a coat. Does that mean it never rains or its never cold? NO! it just means that i stay indoors unless absolutely neccessary!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.