Reload this Page >

South Australia - Murraylands

South Australia - Murraylands

Old Aug 13th 2009, 9:06 pm
Account Closed

greenlaker is an unknown quantity at this point
Default South Australia - Murraylands

Hi all.. I'm a newbie here!

We are looking to move to the Murraylands area, about 1-2 hours drive east of Adelaide. Does anyone know of it? and have any info or advice about the area?

Thanks
Old Aug 13th 2009, 9:12 pm
Banned

mr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: South Australia - Murraylands

Originally Posted by greenlaker
Hi all.. I'm a newbie here!

We are looking to move to the Murraylands area, about 1-2 hours drive east of Adelaide. Does anyone know of it? and have any info or advice about the area?

Thanks
Your talking a large area here ,, any were in particular...........mm
Old Aug 13th 2009, 9:17 pm
Account Closed

Hi yes Murray Bridge, Tailem bend, and along the Mallwee Highway area ish!
Old Aug 13th 2009, 9:54 pm
BE Enthusiast

Mipik has much to be proud ofMipik has much to be proud ofMipik has much to be proud ofMipik has much to be proud ofMipik has much to be proud ofMipik has much to be proud ofMipik has much to be proud ofMipik has much to be proud ofMipik has much to be proud ofMipik has much to be proud ofMipik has much to be proud of

What are your reasons for choosing that area.

Both Murray Bridge and Tailem are rather small towns, work situation is not the best, farming has been suffering for years now.
Old Aug 14th 2009, 12:34 am
Account Closed

We like the rural small town life we are country people not city people. Employment i know is not as good as other larger more populated areas. But then again we are moving to have the life style we want its not about making money and big houses for us!

Do you know the area well?
Old Aug 14th 2009, 12:50 am
BE Enthusiast

Mipik has much to be proud ofMipik has much to be proud ofMipik has much to be proud ofMipik has much to be proud ofMipik has much to be proud ofMipik has much to be proud ofMipik has much to be proud ofMipik has much to be proud ofMipik has much to be proud ofMipik has much to be proud ofMipik has much to be proud of

A lot of people would say that Adelaide is a rural smal town.

I do drive through there from time to time, go to Murray Bridge sometimes.

Basicaly due to water problems the whole area is not doing too well. You see a lot of For Sale signs on properties both in towns and on farms.

Murray Bridge has an advantage of TNR Pastoral (beef processing) and BRP (pork processing) so there is a some work.

Personally from the smaller places in SA I would be looking at Pt. Lincoln are, not only nicer and wilder but also much better economic prospects.
Old Sep 23rd 2009, 3:06 am
BE Forum Addict

jothefw has a reputation beyond reputejothefw has a reputation beyond reputejothefw has a reputation beyond reputejothefw has a reputation beyond reputejothefw has a reputation beyond reputejothefw has a reputation beyond reputejothefw has a reputation beyond reputejothefw has a reputation beyond reputejothefw has a reputation beyond reputejothefw has a reputation beyond reputejothefw has a reputation beyond repute
Smile Re: South Australia - Murraylands

Sorry to un-earth a slightly older thread ... (I'm catching up/haven't been on for ages!)

Murray Bridge and areas suit a lot of people's wish lists, not far from city/beach and obviously river. Work is available if flexible - in fact some jobs are in high demand.

As someone else pointed out there are meat processing businesses in and around the area which helps employment but does slightly change the demographic of the areas. (More varied immigration). There is an excellent school in Murray Bridge and reasonable choice of shops (I drive 2 hrs to do a big food shop in Murray Bridge!)

If OP wants rural country town MB certainly is this!
Old Sep 23rd 2009, 4:14 am
BE Forum Addict

pompeyblonde is a splendid one to beholdpompeyblonde is a splendid one to beholdpompeyblonde is a splendid one to beholdpompeyblonde is a splendid one to beholdpompeyblonde is a splendid one to beholdpompeyblonde is a splendid one to beholdpompeyblonde is a splendid one to beholdpompeyblonde is a splendid one to beholdpompeyblonde is a splendid one to beholdpompeyblonde is a splendid one to beholdpompeyblonde is a splendid one to behold

Well I guess it depends on what you want?! But I think Murray Bridge is awful! Loads of social problems out there too and very isolated.
Old Sep 23rd 2009, 6:51 am
BE Enthusiast

Irish Guinness is a splendid one to beholdIrish Guinness is a splendid one to beholdIrish Guinness is a splendid one to beholdIrish Guinness is a splendid one to beholdIrish Guinness is a splendid one to beholdIrish Guinness is a splendid one to beholdIrish Guinness is a splendid one to beholdIrish Guinness is a splendid one to beholdIrish Guinness is a splendid one to beholdIrish Guinness is a splendid one to beholdIrish Guinness is a splendid one to behold

look at Mount Barker area not to far into the city,has everything you could want,choice of schools, movie theatre,good shopping !!!!! and most important good rain fall.
Old Sep 23rd 2009, 7:28 am
Banned

mohogony is a splendid one to beholdmohogony is a splendid one to beholdmohogony is a splendid one to beholdmohogony is a splendid one to beholdmohogony is a splendid one to beholdmohogony is a splendid one to beholdmohogony is a splendid one to beholdmohogony is a splendid one to beholdmohogony is a splendid one to beholdmohogony is a splendid one to beholdmohogony is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by pompeyblonde
Well I guess it depends on what you want?! But I think Murray Bridge is awful! Loads of social problems out there too and very isolated.
Yes l would'nt live Murray bridge or murrayland area , The Adelaide hills is alot nicer, someone mentioned Mt Barker, thats not a bad place to live.
Old Sep 23rd 2009, 9:02 am
Banned

mr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by pompeyblonde
what aload of crap you have been in sydney too long girl............mm
Old Sep 23rd 2009, 12:28 pm
Account Closed

OH has been offered a job and its based near Lameroo in the middle of nowhere, Murray Bridge is the nearest big town (yes i know its called a city!). We have just got back from our trip, visited Adelaide which i liked but not practical to live as 2 hours away from the job! Lameroo is a tiny town in the middle of nowhere, it has the basics and enough to survive on and has a school. Its like stepping back in time, housing is cheap and there was a real sense of community etc! OH likes it, I do in way but feel its a little remote, I am now thinking about my move to OZ! Decisions decisions!
Old Sep 23rd 2009, 1:26 pm
Banned

Originally Posted by greenlaker
OH has been offered a job and its based near Lameroo in the middle of nowhere, Murray Bridge is the nearest big town (yes i know its called a city!). We have just got back from our trip, visited Adelaide which i liked but not practical to live as 2 hours away from the job! Lameroo is a tiny town in the middle of nowhere, it has the basics and enough to survive on and has a school. Its like stepping back in time, housing is cheap and there was a real sense of community etc! OH likes it, I do in way but feel its a little remote, I am now thinking about my move to OZ! Decisions decisions!
Talk to joethe few she just down the road from you , go for it it will build character, some thing you will not acheive in the UK...............mm
Old Sep 23rd 2009, 1:51 pm
Capt Hilts

coolerkingcooler has a reputation beyond reputecoolerkingcooler has a reputation beyond reputecoolerkingcooler has a reputation beyond reputecoolerkingcooler has a reputation beyond reputecoolerkingcooler has a reputation beyond reputecoolerkingcooler has a reputation beyond reputecoolerkingcooler has a reputation beyond reputecoolerkingcooler has a reputation beyond reputecoolerkingcooler has a reputation beyond reputecoolerkingcooler has a reputation beyond reputecoolerkingcooler has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mr mover
what aload of crap you have been in sydney too long girl............mm
Stop sitting on the fence mm

What do you think of Gawler, fair way from you I think.

Cooler
Old Sep 23rd 2009, 7:40 pm
Banned

Originally Posted by coolerkingcooler
Stop sitting on the fence mm

What do you think of Gawler, fair way from you I think.

Cooler
Gawler is a nice town , which is growing at an incredible rate , due to lots of land in the area being opened up for developement.
It still has the traditional old " high street" but also a large shopping centre, a 40 minute commute by train to Adelaide.
Good schools both private and public, i live 15 minutes to the west of Gawler just off the soon to be completed Northern Expressway, which will mean an uninterupted ride from gawler into Adelaide.............mm

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.