South Australia

Old Mar 15th 2010, 11:11 am
Just Joined

thugpoetry69 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default South Australia

I wanted to find out from people who have visited or are living in this part of Australia. How is weather down there. I read an article where it said that the temperatures can get as high as 40 degrees. What are the dangers there in relation to natural disasters and the animals. How are the schools and the people. Thanks
Old Mar 15th 2010, 11:28 am
Forum Regular

linloo is a name known to alllinloo is a name known to alllinloo is a name known to alllinloo is a name known to alllinloo is a name known to alllinloo is a name known to alllinloo is a name known to alllinloo is a name known to alllinloo is a name known to alllinloo is a name known to alllinloo is a name known to all
Default Re: South Australia

We live in SA, about 20mins south of Adelaide. Yes the weather can reach 40 odd in the summer and nice mild winters, can get cold at night though. In SA we have brown snakes and red back spiders, but they wont cross the road to get to you, unless you P*** them off! From my point of view after nearly 3 years I love it. Took some time to settle but now i would not change a thing Any more info just ask.

Don,t have too many disasters just when my eyeliner goes to soft in the summer! No kids sorry and it depends on what area you are looking at for the school info.

Last edited by linloo; Mar 15th 2010 at 11:31 am. Reason: More info
Old Mar 15th 2010, 11:42 am
BE Forum Addict

pumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond repute

Only real worry here is hires in summer. That is more in the hills than the city though. The hills are beautiful though.

I love it here.
Old Mar 15th 2010, 11:45 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by linloo
We live in SA, about 20mins south of Adelaide. Yes the weather can reach 40 odd in the summer and nice mild winters, can get cold at night though. In SA we have brown snakes and red back spiders, but they wont cross the road to get to you, unless you P*** them off! From my point of view after nearly 3 years I love it. Took some time to settle but now i would not change a thing Any more info just ask.

Don,t have too many disasters just when my eyeliner goes to soft in the summer! No kids sorry and it depends on what area you are looking at for the school info.
Thank you. I'm not too sure about the brown snakes. I cant remember the last time i saw a snake. What is the average house price for a 3 bedroomed house and what in your opinion do you think is the best area.
Old Mar 15th 2010, 12:14 pm
Forum Regular

linloo is a name known to alllinloo is a name known to alllinloo is a name known to alllinloo is a name known to alllinloo is a name known to alllinloo is a name known to alllinloo is a name known to alllinloo is a name known to alllinloo is a name known to alllinloo is a name known to alllinloo is a name known to all

Difficult to say which is the best area, for me I love living in blackwood around 20 mins south of the city with a great village feel and all the amenities we need on the main road or a 10 min. drive away.

Check out realestate.com for house prices, The real estate is pretty steady around here and as we buy investment places as well. I have kept within a 5k radius when doing so, but I am no expert.

There are a few schools Blackwood, Belair and St Johns which is a private school and all within walking distance of Blackwood.

Living in this area there is a risk of bushfire which scares the wits out of me, but we have a plan in place, take precautions and take heed of high danger days. But living here outweighs the risks, just ensure you have a plan and listen to the CSF . Do you plan a prior visit? everyone is different and its all down to taste etc, I really enjoy it here, and the more we live here the happier I am. Good luck to you
Old Mar 15th 2010, 3:26 pm
BE Enthusiast

Irish Guinness is a splendid one to beholdIrish Guinness is a splendid one to beholdIrish Guinness is a splendid one to beholdIrish Guinness is a splendid one to beholdIrish Guinness is a splendid one to beholdIrish Guinness is a splendid one to beholdIrish Guinness is a splendid one to beholdIrish Guinness is a splendid one to beholdIrish Guinness is a splendid one to beholdIrish Guinness is a splendid one to beholdIrish Guinness is a splendid one to behold

We live in the Adelaide Hills ( Stirling ) have been in this area for 22 years,have only seen one snake in all that time. As others have already said bush fires area worry,but that's the price you pay for living in a nice area...

Blackwood is also a lovely area !!!! good schools and a lovely village.
Old Mar 15th 2010, 4:24 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Irish Guinness
We live in the Adelaide Hills ( Stirling ) have been in this area for 22 years,have only seen one snake in all that time. As others have already said bush fires area worry,but that's the price you pay for living in a nice area...

Thanks so much guys. That was really helpfull. Am still woried about those snakes. My son is at that stage where he is popping everything he sees into his mouth.
Old Mar 15th 2010, 9:41 pm
BE Enthusiast

Mipik has much to be proud ofMipik has much to be proud ofMipik has much to be proud ofMipik has much to be proud ofMipik has much to be proud ofMipik has much to be proud ofMipik has much to be proud ofMipik has much to be proud ofMipik has much to be proud ofMipik has much to be proud ofMipik has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by thugpoetry69
Thanks so much guys. That was really helpfull. Am still woried about those snakes. My son is at that stage where he is popping everything he sees into his mouth.
If you live in the city your chances of seeing a snake outside the zoo are very very slim.

If you go looking for them around creeks you will find them.

Best places to live?

Where will you work?
No point living in the southern suburbs when you work in the northern ones.

If you look at property prices you can easily see that the best area are the eastern suburbs.
Old Mar 16th 2010, 8:54 am
Banned

mohogony is a splendid one to beholdmohogony is a splendid one to beholdmohogony is a splendid one to beholdmohogony is a splendid one to beholdmohogony is a splendid one to beholdmohogony is a splendid one to beholdmohogony is a splendid one to beholdmohogony is a splendid one to beholdmohogony is a splendid one to beholdmohogony is a splendid one to beholdmohogony is a splendid one to behold

=
What are the dangers there in relation to natural disasters and the animals.
Thanks
Don't worry all the natural disasters killed all the dangerous animals.

Last edited by mohogony; Mar 16th 2010 at 9:10 am.
Old Mar 16th 2010, 9:10 am
Banned

mohogony is a splendid one to beholdmohogony is a splendid one to beholdmohogony is a splendid one to beholdmohogony is a splendid one to beholdmohogony is a splendid one to beholdmohogony is a splendid one to beholdmohogony is a splendid one to beholdmohogony is a splendid one to beholdmohogony is a splendid one to beholdmohogony is a splendid one to beholdmohogony is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Irish Guinness

Snakes probably only kill one person every few years in SA , lts not something to worry about.
Old Mar 16th 2010, 9:43 am
Fighting my corner

Vash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond repute
Cool Re: South Australia

I wanted to find out from people who have visited or are living in this part of Australia. How is weather down there. I read an article where it said that the temperatures can get as high as 40 degrees. What are the dangers there in relation to natural disasters and the animals. How are the schools and the people. Thanks
40°C is common. Expect higher temperatures in summer. Natural disasters aren't too bad; the recent drought has helped to dry out all the suburbs destroyed by the flood, which in turn had helped to wash away all the debris from suburbs destroyed by the bushfires. Obviously this has meant a revision of Adelaide's infrastructure planning, due to budget restraints. The new Adelaide International Entertainment Centre will now be the Adelaide International Entertainment Bivouac, while the upgraded Adelaide Oval will now be the Adelaide Public Lawn.

Yes, there are animals and yes, they're all deadly. I know some people who have died from poison/bites/stings several times this year already. I myself died last week from temporary skin contact with a poisoned leaf. You just get used to it.

The schools were OK while they lasted (most of them were destroyed by the flood) but there's not much call for them now that the population has been halved by disease. I think there's still a school in Numbingi somewhere. Or half a school, at least. The people are fine, if a trifle fatalistic. Look on the bright side, that's what I say.

Overall, you could do worse.

Last edited by Vash the Stampede; Mar 16th 2010 at 9:46 am.
Old Mar 16th 2010, 11:48 am
Banned

mr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Vash the Stampede
40°C is common. Expect higher temperatures in summer. Natural disasters aren't too bad; the recent drought has helped to dry out all the suburbs destroyed by the flood, which in turn had helped to wash away all the debris from suburbs destroyed by the bushfires. Obviously this has meant a revision of Adelaide's infrastructure planning, due to budget restraints. The new Adelaide International Entertainment Centre will now be the Adelaide International Entertainment Bivouac, while the upgraded Adelaide Oval will now be the Adelaide Public Lawn.

Yes, there are animals and yes, they're all deadly. I know some people who have died from poison/bites/stings several times this year already. I myself died last week from temporary skin contact with a poisoned leaf. You just get used to it.

The schools were OK while they lasted (most of them were destroyed by the flood) but there's not much call for them now that the population has been halved by disease. I think there's still a school in Numbingi somewhere. Or half a school, at least. The people are fine, if a trifle fatalistic. Look on the bright side, that's what I say.

Overall, you could do worse.

Shurley you jest sir.............mm
Old Mar 16th 2010, 3:05 pm
Fighting my corner

Vash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond repute
Cool Re: South Australia

Originally Posted by mr mover
Shurley you jest sir.............mm
Did I mention the tornadoes? Pretty sure we had some tornadoes late last year. Can't remember if they were before or after the earthquakes.

Old Mar 16th 2010, 9:04 pm
Forum Regular

GoldCoastOrBust is just really niceGoldCoastOrBust is just really niceGoldCoastOrBust is just really niceGoldCoastOrBust is just really niceGoldCoastOrBust is just really niceGoldCoastOrBust is just really niceGoldCoastOrBust is just really niceGoldCoastOrBust is just really nice

when I was there in the summer, the temperature would hit 42 and only drop to 38 overnight - but its a dry heat, so not as bad as it sounds compared to top temperatures in the UK just stay hydrated - my daughter didn't and got a kidney infection.

Biggest danger I found was the bl**dy awful driving combined with stobie poles...
Old Mar 16th 2010, 9:16 pm
Banned

What are the dangers there in relation to natural disasters and the animals.
Adelaide city of Biblical scale floods, fire,and Pestilence.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.