South Australia

Old Jan 12th 2005, 12:11 am
LTA
On a roll

LTA is an unknown quantity at this point
Default South Australia

Got the visas ,just waiting to sell the house.Anyone got any information on where best to head for in SA.
Old Jan 12th 2005, 12:13 am
part-time Visa Angel!

mlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nice
Default Re: South Australia

Originally Posted by LTA
Got the visas ,just waiting to sell the house.Anyone got any information on where best to head for in SA.

I'm sure there are lots of nice places, but do you know what things are a 'must' and what are 'nice to haves'? ie: schools, beach, mountains, shops, acreage, city, public transport etc etc, as this would probably have an impact on where people suggest for you
Old Jan 12th 2005, 12:24 am
LTA
On a roll

Originally Posted by mlbonner
I'm sure there are lots of nice places, but do you know what things are a 'must' and what are 'nice to haves'? ie: schools, beach, mountains, shops, acreage, city, public transport etc etc, as this would probably have an impact on where people suggest for you
Suppose the main thing is job oportunities,I am an Aircraft Engineer which is not particularly in demand.

As for things that are a must,If you travel to the other side of the world then for sure you are looking for something!I guess we want a nice climate and a better life for the Kids (and us).
Old Jan 12th 2005, 1:01 am
wombat42

Why SA? would'nt there be more job opportunities in the eastern states which have larger populations.

Last edited by wombat42; Jan 12th 2005 at 1:06 am.

Old Jan 12th 2005, 1:18 am
Banned

Quinkana will become famous soon enoughQuinkana will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by LTA
Suppose the main thing is job oportunities,I am an Aircraft Engineer which is not particularly in demand.

As for things that are a must,If you travel to the other side of the world then for sure you are looking for something!I guess we want a nice climate and a better life for the Kids (and us).
Are you wanted in the "bush"?

Licensed Aircraft Maintenance Engineers
Old Jan 12th 2005, 1:28 am
LTA
On a roll

Originally Posted by wombat42
Why SA? would'nt there be more job opportunities in the eastern states which have larger populations.
Yeah probably but We are coming on a SIR Visa which doesn't allow most of the East Side.
Old Jan 12th 2005, 8:03 am
Bitter and twisted

Grayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by LTA

There is a fair amount of aircraft related work in SA.

BAE (or whatever they are called now) have a base there as do several others.

Much of it is defence related though.
You may need security clearance to work for these companies and I am not sure how easy that is for a new migrant.

Good luck

G
Old Jan 12th 2005, 8:15 am

Elaine M has much to be proud ofElaine M has much to be proud ofElaine M has much to be proud ofElaine M has much to be proud ofElaine M has much to be proud ofElaine M has much to be proud ofElaine M has much to be proud ofElaine M has much to be proud ofElaine M has much to be proud ofElaine M has much to be proud ofElaine M has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Grayling
There is a fair amount of aircraft related work in SA.

BAE (or whatever they are called now) have a base there as do several others.

Much of it is defence related though.
You may need security clearance to work for these companies and I am not sure how easy that is for a new migrant.

Good luck

G
That's a good point, I've seen adverts for the defence industry where they specified you need to be an Australian citizen to apply.

Good luck with your research anyway.

Elaine M