Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

The Sound of Music - are your hills alive or dead????

The Sound of Music - are your hills alive or dead????

Old Nov 5th 2004, 12:56 pm
Forum Regular

sunny_samantha is on a distinguished road
Default The Sound of Music - are your hills alive or dead????

Hi
Totally off topic. Totally stupid question. Totally irrelevant...BUT
Do you love it or hate it?
Had to ask as have sat and watched it tonight in Oz on Channel 7 - love the film myself - husband NOT KEEN - especially because with all the ad breaks it has taken up the whole night (from 8.30 pm till midnight). I've made him sit through the whole film and not sure what I have to do in return yet!!!!
Am rambling due to wine intake ... my question is ...love it or hate it?
Old Nov 5th 2004, 1:00 pm
Go Banana's !!

Default Re: The Sound of Music - are your hills alive or dead????

Originally Posted by sunny_samantha
Hi
Had to ask as have sat and watched it tonight in Oz on Channel 7 - love the film myself - husband NOT KEEN - especially because with all the ad breaks it has taken up the whole night (from 8.30 pm till midnight). I've made him sit through the whole film and not sure what I have to do in return yet!!!!

I'm sitting at the PC and with Jill out am listening to the music. Sad isn't it !!

Warren

Old Nov 5th 2004, 1:01 pm
BE Forum Addict

NickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond repute

Hi
I know it's schmaltzy and I've seen it countless times, but I love it.
Saw it for the first time when I was about 10. Fell in love with Frederick (he lives in Sydney, you know) and wanted to be in the von Trapp family.....
Old Nov 5th 2004, 1:05 pm
Freedom!

Jockstar has a reputation beyond reputeJockstar has a reputation beyond reputeJockstar has a reputation beyond reputeJockstar has a reputation beyond reputeJockstar has a reputation beyond reputeJockstar has a reputation beyond reputeJockstar has a reputation beyond reputeJockstar has a reputation beyond reputeJockstar has a reputation beyond reputeJockstar has a reputation beyond reputeJockstar has a reputation beyond repute

Hi

Not abig fan of it myself. The kis at school done it in September for the end of semester show. It brought back memories.....
Though not good ones.
Old Nov 5th 2004, 1:15 pm
A former regular of BE

worzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jockstar
Not abig fan of it myself. The kis at school done it in September for the end of semester show. It brought back memories.....
Though not good ones.
That film reminds me of Xmas day at my nan's house. Me and my brother would be bored s**tless and my dad would sit in the corner all day and not say a word to anyone for 6 hours as he didn't get on with my nan. So not keen really!!!
Old Nov 5th 2004, 1:32 pm

possoms is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi

love it love it love it especially when the mother superior sings climb every mountain always makes me cry reminds me of going to the cinema on a sat afternoon with my mum we saw it about 10 times back in the days when flims used to go round and round for years sigh happy days
Old Nov 5th 2004, 6:56 pm
Chillin out in WA

brisbec will become famous soon enough

Love it!!

Seen it every year since i was about 10 or 11. Was in Brisbane for xmas last year, saw it, flew home on new years eve and lo and behold it was on here in UK - - - great!

Makes me laugh that Christopher Plummer apparently refers to it as "The sound of MUCUS"

It's actually one of my top 5

1. Goodfellas
2. The Sound of Music
3. Indy and the last Crusade (Actually any film that has Harrison in it)
4. American History X
5. A Fish called Wanda
Old Nov 5th 2004, 9:32 pm
Forum Regular

stefian is an unknown quantity at this point

The Friday night film "Sound of music" and Simpsons everytime we turn on the t.v.. it is sooooooooo boring. The two lads of Australian idol bug me in a BIG way. Oh for a bit of Ant and Dec, at least they ARE funny.

T.V in the afternoon in a bit racy ,they obviously don't have a watershed, there isn't a day goes by when there is either sex or swearing(yippee).

Can't wait to see what next weeks Friday film is!!!!!

Steph x
Old Nov 5th 2004, 9:49 pm

Siren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond repute

Hi

Hahahah when the kids complain about there clothes etc i remind them about this film.
Old Nov 5th 2004, 10:23 pm
Account Closed

holsdad is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi
It's a classic!
Old Nov 5th 2004, 11:28 pm
Account Closed

tonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond repute

I must confess that I'd rather eat my own feet served in a hollandaise sauce then watch that film again....

Old Nov 5th 2004, 11:41 pm
Account Closed

tonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by tonyk38
I must confess that I'd rather eat my own feet served in a hollandaise sauce then watch that film again....

.......with a rocket salad and a naughty shiraz '02......
Old Nov 5th 2004, 11:57 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

JackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond repute

Absolutely love the film and all the music - my favourite film since I was a little child.

Mrs JTL

P.S. This is strictly the opinion of Mrs JTL, not that of JTL.
Old Nov 6th 2004, 12:25 am
Account Closed

CasG is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi
Hate it - sickening
Don't hate all soppy films though - Born Free makes me cry every time
Old Nov 6th 2004, 8:33 am
Forum Regular

jinxnkay is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by Siren
Hahahah when the kids complain about there clothes etc i remind them about this film.
i think its amazing the woman can make 7 outfits out of a pair of curtains

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.