Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

The sort of people who emigrate to Oz/NZ

Wikiposts

The sort of people who emigrate to Oz/NZ

Old Jul 3rd 2003, 1:38 pm
Banned

pommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by Fatso
Youre alright mate but then I knew that already.

Apologies for encroaching on your territory - I know you are the dad of this group - but I have read a bit of their shit and am fed up with the crap
Do not give too much credit me street cred is important , I am always wrong so the punters tell at me length.

Old Jul 3rd 2003, 1:53 pm
Banned

pommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond repute

yeah Ive seen that.

Like all good neighbours, I am sure you do not mind if I tell your kids off for climbing over my fence and like all good neighbours then I go back in.

No rules in the land of the deluded , all are welcome to educate the lost.

Old Jul 3rd 2003, 7:31 pm
Forum Regular

stotty is on a distinguished road

Fatso saidLike all poms, you cannot take anything on at its face value and try to construct mocking, appealing to the crowd sentences and lose then say something as if to say "I am above all this".

Bit of a generalisation, don't you think? Presumably this includes your pommie mates too then?

And what's with the obsession with people "running away from the UK because they're losers"? It seems to be a very negative perspective. Could it not be that people have recognised an opportunity to improve their lives and are doing something about it?

Serious question: what then, in your opinion, are the qualities/characteriscics that immigrants would need to make a go of it in Oz?
Old Jul 3rd 2003, 7:39 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

So sorry you don't want to join me for a beer Fatso, maybe you would prefer a small glass of water? After all why waste good Aussie beer on such a bigot as you?
I must just comment on one point though - having claimed to have read my previous posts, you then proved you were telling a little lie -
HAVE YOU EVEN BEEN TO OZ???? No, I bet not.
cos if you had read them, you would know I have been to Australia several times, mostly to pave the way for living there, and on one occasion to visit a very sick friend - not quite a holiday, unless your idea of a holiday is as twisted as the rest of your theories.
Old Jul 3rd 2003, 8:14 pm
Life's next chapter is?

theguitardoctor is a splendid one to beholdtheguitardoctor is a splendid one to beholdtheguitardoctor is a splendid one to beholdtheguitardoctor is a splendid one to beholdtheguitardoctor is a splendid one to beholdtheguitardoctor is a splendid one to beholdtheguitardoctor is a splendid one to beholdtheguitardoctor is a splendid one to beholdtheguitardoctor is a splendid one to beholdtheguitardoctor is a splendid one to beholdtheguitardoctor is a splendid one to behold

My my what an angry man.......oh well, I'll get into the mix, it may be amusing..........

Firstly, illegal immigrants are prevalent in every Western Country, whether it be the UK, Australia, The USA, NZ or any part of Europe. It's a basic fact that war torn countries will have a great number of naturals desperate to leave, and they'll go anywhere where they can improve their situation. The fact that I want to emigrate to NZ will not change the fact that immigrants, illegal or otherwise, will be part of the system. I would think it pretty bad if any country turned away genuine asylum seekers, though I think there should be some sort of global share out system. After all, these are human beings, in some terrible situations. Their presence here has nothing to do with my wishing to move. At the end of the day everyone in Oz or NZ is the descendant of an immigrant......as are most of the UK and the USA, and the immigration will continue. We're a mongrel world, so deal with it,

Secondly, what's wrong with wanting to improve your life? if you can, and the options available then why not take it? If you class this as selfish, then that's up to you. I for one, am not ashamed to be attempting to improve my lifestyle. There are Aussies living here as residents, are they selfish? We have more Aussie popstars and soap stars here than I care to mention...why do they come? Because they can generate higher earnings before retiring back to OZ......is this wrong?

Housing markets rise whatever happens, as does inflation, taxes, etc - outside influences are the smallest factor on this. I take it your anger is down to your earnings not allowing you to improve the size of your property........

Education - whether you like it or not, the visa requirements ask for a higher level of education than the average Uk, Oz or NZ'er has. The Oz system of education is based on the UK's, so if we are all thick, then it must filter down also.

You don't mention how travelled you are yourself Fatso, maybe you can criticise someone moving 10,000 miles + when you aren't born, living and dying in the same place.

I'd be surprised if you had any friends at all........ah, I forgot about Lady Palm and her 5 lovely daughters - you must be well acquainted with them.

Please be as derogatory as you possibly can in your reply.....

Last edited by theguitardoctor; Jul 3rd 2003 at 8:29 pm.
Old Jul 3rd 2003, 11:06 pm

Herman has much to be proud ofHerman has much to be proud ofHerman has much to be proud ofHerman has much to be proud ofHerman has much to be proud ofHerman has much to be proud ofHerman has much to be proud ofHerman has much to be proud ofHerman has much to be proud ofHerman has much to be proud ofHerman has much to be proud of
Default Re: The sort of people who emigrate to Oz/NZ

From what I have seen on this site, the sort of Brits who emigrate to Oz/NZ are amongst the worst sort of people.

They share the following attributes:

1. Racist - they are white supremacists who are looking for "the UK like it used to be". They are anti-immigrant even though they are planning to be emigrants themselves and try to disguise this with "I am only againt illegal immigrants" - this is a lie and is used to salve their conscience and hide the fact that they are happy to emigrate themselves for a better life but woe betide anyone who does the same by trying to get into the Uk. It is people like YOU coming to the UK that is making YOU want to leave! Pathetic.

2. Selfish - much the same thing. They are happy to emigrate to Oz/NZ because it is an improvement in their circumstances (as they see it) but give as a reason for doing so the fact that others around the world want to come to the UK for the same reasons. You should be ashamed of how selfish you are.

3. Greedy - they are obsessed with house prices and how much money they have earnt and actually have the ridiculous notion that they are doing OZ/NZ a favour by bringing the money they have earnt from UK house sales to Oz/NZ - you are NOT!!!! You are just raising house prices in Oz/NZ to a level that locals living on LOCAL wages cannot afford.

4. Thick - I have never read such a buch of moronic drivel as on this site. You lot have the cheek to criticise the aussie/NZ education system? Read the badly written crap you post. You lot say "this is just a web forum - I do not try my best." Rubbish - the sad thing is that this IS the best you can do. Oz/NZ, like all countries, needs thinkers and doers, not the thick gits on this site.

5. Boring - you think that Oz/NZ is the biggest adventure that life can afford. They are English speaking countries with Brit-type cultures and if that were not the case you would not be going there. You are as adventurous as an old lady crossing the road.

6. Losers - The winners in your countries do not emigrate and leave the UK like rats leaving the sinking ship but stay and make the UK a better place. I have many friends from the UK and they are nothing like you lot of losers - they are making the best of their lives and not deserting when the going gets tough.

One thing I will agree with is that the UK is better without you lot of pathetic, greedy, racist, thick losers, but please do not come to Oz (my country) or NZ (the country of many friends of mine) but go to some uninhabited island for losers like yourselves. Do not think "oh, he means so-and-so". I mean YOU.
My view, as someone who has lived amongst you Sydney folk for a few years and subsequently returned to the UK, is that you should be pleased that the people on this forum meet criteria 1 to 6 above. Not only will they fit in, but you'll probably like them.
Old Jul 3rd 2003, 11:57 pm
Here in Dunedin

southerner has a reputation beyond reputesoutherner has a reputation beyond reputesoutherner has a reputation beyond reputesoutherner has a reputation beyond reputesoutherner has a reputation beyond reputesoutherner has a reputation beyond reputesoutherner has a reputation beyond reputesoutherner has a reputation beyond reputesoutherner has a reputation beyond reputesoutherner has a reputation beyond reputesoutherner has a reputation beyond repute

There are certain people in Australia and NZ who though not descended from the original inhabitants themselves, still think that it is their country. They think their country should not be shared with anybody else unless in exceptional circumstances. eg. are they a great scientist or a future Jonah Lomu/Toutai Kefu from the Islands (note that the sportsman would probably be invited to join the club before the scientist).

Their arguments obviously hold no water at all. For new countries such as Australia and NZ built on immigrants sweat and tears, to try to hold back immigration would be perverse. There are people of mixed ability and education in those countries now, and yes I'm sure that some of the potential immigrants are also of mixed ability also. Like many western civilisations these countries need inward immigration to make up for their aging population, and the exportation of so much of their own highly educated youth. In some cases this immigration may have a detrimental effect on the lot of those already there (such as rising land prices), but these are always outweighed by the overall benefits.

For readers of this thread, my advice is don't get into the pedantic debate that the originator would wish. But do recognise that his views are not that uncommon, and Pommie bashers like him obviously have very strong feelings about this subject.
Old Jul 3rd 2003, 11:59 pm
A Male Member

PeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud of

Originally posted by southerner
There are certain people in Australia and NZ who though not descended from the original inhabitants themselves, still think that it is their country. They think their country should not be shared with anybody else unless in exceptional circumstances. eg. are they a great scientist or a future Jonah Lomu/Toutai Kefu from the Islands (note that the sportsman would probably be invited to join the club before the scientist).

Their arguments obviously hold no water at all. For new countries such as Australia and NZ built on immigrants sweat and tears, to try to hold back immigration would be perverse. There are people of mixed ability and education in those countries now, and yes I'm sure that some of the potential immigrants are also of mixed ability also. Like many western civilisations these countries need inward immigration to make up for their aging population, and the exportation of so much of their own highly educated youth. In some cases this immigration may have a detrimental effect on the lot of those already there (such as rising land prices), but these are always outweighed by the overall benefits.

For readers of this thread, my advice is don't get into the pedantic debate that the originator would wish. But do recognise that his views are not that uncommon, and Pommie bashers like him obviously have very strong feelings about this subject.
Well put...
Old Jul 4th 2003, 1:04 am
Banned

Thylacoleo is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by southerner

There is an alternate view that successive waves of immigrants have not built Australia but rather have destroyed it. At least is my self serving view speaking from my stoney grave, my descendents extinct.
Old Jul 4th 2003, 1:21 am
Life's next chapter is?

theguitardoctor is a splendid one to beholdtheguitardoctor is a splendid one to beholdtheguitardoctor is a splendid one to beholdtheguitardoctor is a splendid one to beholdtheguitardoctor is a splendid one to beholdtheguitardoctor is a splendid one to beholdtheguitardoctor is a splendid one to beholdtheguitardoctor is a splendid one to beholdtheguitardoctor is a splendid one to beholdtheguitardoctor is a splendid one to beholdtheguitardoctor is a splendid one to behold

Whilst this view is true to the indigenous people of Australia (and a part of their continuing struggle for land rights), I doubt Fatso is one of those, hence, his views are somewhat wayward - he hates immigrants to Oz/NZ, yet is the descendant of an immigrant himself. We can stand and argue about whether a country is better or worse off for immigration, but it's irrelevant - nothing can change the past - it's a done deal - England has been invaded by foreigners for over a 1000 years, as has pretty much every other country. As English speakers we are descendants of Europeans - indeed English is a dilution of Fresian and Norsk languages......thus any English speaker descended from Europe at some point or other in their history.
Old Jul 4th 2003, 1:21 am
Here in Dunedin

southerner has a reputation beyond reputesoutherner has a reputation beyond reputesoutherner has a reputation beyond reputesoutherner has a reputation beyond reputesoutherner has a reputation beyond reputesoutherner has a reputation beyond reputesoutherner has a reputation beyond reputesoutherner has a reputation beyond reputesoutherner has a reputation beyond reputesoutherner has a reputation beyond reputesoutherner has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by Thylacoleo
There is an alternate view that successive waves of immigrants have not built Australia but rather have destroyed it. At least is my self serving view speaking from my stoney grave, my descendents extinct.
This is valid. The history of these recently colonised countries is sometimes more fascinating than that in the old world, because of the pace of change that has gone on. The history of Australia and NZ has been revolutionary rather than evolutionary.

And they are still trying to catch up with the world in some areas.
Old Jul 4th 2003, 2:18 am
Forum Regular

delia is an unknown quantity at this point

I may not be as articulate as some of the posters on here so I'll be blunt Fatso.

You obviously need a good f**k and a couple of cans of lager to get all that frustration out of you. Go on you know you want too.

And to everyone else, sorry for being so rude but it's true

Delia
Old Jul 4th 2003, 2:21 am
Forum Regular

delia is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by delia
I may not be as articulate as some of the posters on here so I'll be blunt Fatso.

You obviously need a good f**k and a couple of cans of lager to get all that frustration out of you. Go on you know you want too.

And to everyone else, sorry for being so rude but it's true

Delia

oop's and in case I get a reply from you saying I'm thick, ignore the second 'o' in 'too' got a bit carried away with the typing.
Old Jul 4th 2003, 3:02 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Delia,
Like your style, but I've already offered to share a beer with him and discuss things, and he refused - accusing me of stereotyping Aussies as being people who drink a lot!!!
Old Jul 4th 2003, 3:31 am
Forum Regular

grubelice is an unknown quantity at this point

I am too much of a lady to reply in kind to this sort of narrow-minded drivel, however, anyone who choses David Mellor as his icon has to be .............

You are either the biggest wind up artist today or ?

How dare you suggest that you know everyone on this post and what they are and what they are capable of.

If you need counselling I can provide you with details.

E

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.