Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Sorry - Wilf will post no more

Sorry - Wilf will post no more

Old Jun 20th 2003, 2:48 pm
BE Forum Addict

Wilf is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Sorry - Wilf will post no more

I have seen just how upset people have become at my posts and am very sorry to see that I am even causing some people to consider leaving the forum. Anyway, this is the last time that I will be posting on the site, so to anyone who was going to leave because of me, please don't. You stay, I will go.

Of course, I cannot do anything about the other people helping to spoil things but I can do something about my own stuff. Hope this helps to improve things again and make the site what people want it to be.

Wilf
Old Jun 20th 2003, 3:13 pm
Badge

Default Re: Sorry - Wilf will post no more

Wilf!!!

we want to see facts and opinions- but not constant endless tennis insults and comebacks!!

At least you dont cut and paste!!! Just answer genuine questions, dont get in to endless debates with mega and PB and you'll be right.

yours aye

badgers

Old Jun 20th 2003, 3:17 pm
Look at me kimmie

leanda will become famous soon enoughleanda will become famous soon enough

The forum would be a boring place if we all agreed with each other, I don't often post but normally read most of whats going on and if people don't like what you say then why do they read it??? Life would be boring if we were all the same, carry on!! Maybe some people take you and PB too seriously.
Old Jun 20th 2003, 3:20 pm

kevpreece is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by leanda
The forum would be a boring place if we all agreed with each other, I don't often post but normally read most of whats going on and if people don't like what you say then why do they read it??? Life would be boring if we were all the same, carry on!! Maybe some people take you and PB too seriously.

stay wilf,

youre a character, if people dont like your constructive points, (not all of them are constructive i might add), thats up to then,

so i urge you to stay on board the happy ship!

cheers

kev
Old Jun 20th 2003, 3:21 pm
Be true to your skew

Pookin is an unknown quantity at this point

Wonder what difference it would make if we were all chatting face-to-face.

There'd be a lot of winks and chuckles no doubt to 'soften' the comments and perhaps things wouldn't have come to this?
Old Jun 20th 2003, 3:55 pm
Forum Regular

wolfens_wife is an unknown quantity at this point

Wilf.... dont go!!!! you are entitled to an opinion!!! just like Victor Meldrew ...sorry I meant PB!!! You havent upset me at all and rightly said you do not cut and paste like others

If you feel that bad about it, do a big apology and dont get into debates with megawotshisface and you'll be fine!!!!
We've all been there... I slagged off this country and ended in a bad arguement about train crashes !!!!!

oh dear..... while i've been typing this my one year old has done an andrex puppy with the toilet roll................

cheer up

mich
:
Old Jun 20th 2003, 4:00 pm
Sun Dodger

Bluerobot is just really niceBluerobot is just really niceBluerobot is just really niceBluerobot is just really niceBluerobot is just really niceBluerobot is just really niceBluerobot is just really niceBluerobot is just really nice

I wish people would make their bl**dy minds up.

One minute there are polls to kick people of the site, then when they say they are leaving it, people are begging them to stay.

For what it's worth I value all opinions on this site. It's when the character assasination starts that it starts to grind a bit. And its not just Wilf, PB etc that start the slanging match, some objectors also start it off, it's as if anyone who doesn't have the same opinion as they do don't deserve to be heard. This annoys me more than anything PB, Wilf etc say. This also proves the point that PB makes, that some people do seem to be wearing rose tinted glasses & anyone who spoils their rosy view shouldn't be allowed to post.

I like a good argument, but the bickering is getting a bit tedious. To those on both sides, please try not to get personal & reduce the threads to lowest common demominator then everyone will get along just fine. If you have a point to make, then justify what you say instead of just resorting to "don't do it" - back it up with a decent argument/personal experience etc.

I think the moderators could do more, by just suspending particular threads when it starts getting to the point of character assasination. I haven't contributed any donation to this site however, so I'm probably speaking out of turn as they have a thankless task at the moment.

Dave

PS Anyone who doesn't agree with me is a proper b**tard. It's my ball and I'm taking it home if I don't win.

Dave

Old Jun 20th 2003, 5:17 pm
BE Enthusiast

Gra.B is an unknown quantity at this point

Do you not feel that he's been taking the p!ss out of everyone? If he was a 60 yr old with a few gripes then fair enough, but he isn't!
We're dealing with a master of disguise here, the mighty Slippers! No doubts....whatever he says.....(he'll probably call me a 'prat son' but I can deal with it!)
When he left we had Smoko for a few weeks, the cockney rascal chippy in Auckland. Then along comes Wilf, another chippy from london, but writing in the same style as PB (with better spelling). Yesterday someone (maybe Don, maybe not) rumbles him. Then I mentioned Smoko who hadn't been heard of for weeks then half an hour later here he is! Except now he's lost the 'sarf london' manner and is more like his true self, Slippers. We all knew he wouldn't leave for good & he didn't!

So don't feel sorry for the ol' git! Yes, he was a character.....but only a fictional one.
Anyway, Wilfslipshod get's my 'good work fella' award for this month. Job Done.

Gra...

PS. Remember how Slippers left? He started sulking then said he'd never post again, sound familiar?

Come back Slippers, your best creation yet!
Old Jun 20th 2003, 5:34 pm
Just Joined

wesley is an unknown quantity at this point

You can stay or go Wilf. You are on my ignore list, so i don't have to read what you post. If you decide to leave, goodluck. Hope everything works out for you. Have you decided on what your new persona will be? Bet you can't resist posting on this board.

Last edited by wesley; Jun 21st 2003 at 1:08 am.
Old Jun 20th 2003, 6:19 pm
BE Enthusiast

TimEh? is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by Wilf
I have seen just how upset people have become at my posts and am very sorry to see that I am even causing some people to consider leaving the forum. Anyway, this is the last time that I will be posting on the site, so to anyone who was going to leave because of me, please don't. You stay, I will go.

Of course, I cannot do anything about the other people helping to spoil things but I can do something about my own stuff. Hope this helps to improve things again and make the site what people want it to be.
Well if this don't [sic] beat all: Wilf the Prima Donna.

Maybe you are just finding out that to be constantly at odds with people is very wearing. Having suffered you myself, I now find it quite galling that you would quit and run.

I don’t think you should do it, personally. You should stay and merely moderate your style. I think you have a lot of wisdom; it’s the delivery system that needs work. At least you've never tortured a sentence or even as much as abused a poor old comma.

BTW: I don’t believe in putting anyone on an ignore list and have never done so.

BTBTW: I really don't know about this multiple personality thing but you seemed to know an awful lot about me the moment you started posting. But then again I'm kinda paranoid at times.

No I'm not.

Last edited by TimEh?; Jun 20th 2003 at 7:04 pm.
Old Jun 20th 2003, 8:10 pm
BE Forum Addict

tinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud of

Good bl***y ridance. I seem to be the only one that will not miss all the sewage you spout.

Bon voyage.
Old Jun 20th 2003, 10:12 pm
BE Forum Addict

karawara88 is an unknown quantity at this point

Wilf,

Dont let the imbociles drive you away, whoever you are and whatever persona you want to use is fine by me, some of your posts irritate me, some make me smile.

Keep posting.
Old Jun 20th 2003, 11:11 pm
Forum Regular

suzanne crabtre is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by tinaj
Good bl***y ridance. I seem to be the only one that will not miss all the sewage you spout.

Bon voyage.

couldn't have put it better myself

Sue
Old Jun 21st 2003, 6:29 am
I Know What's Going On!

SteveBannister is a jewel in the roughSteveBannister is a jewel in the roughSteveBannister is a jewel in the roughSteveBannister is a jewel in the roughSteveBannister is a jewel in the rough

Originally posted by tinaj

Bon voyage.
Well said.

He tells us that he's 'older and wiser' but has shown a great deal of stupidity in every post. Wilf, you really must realise that of lot of what you have said or are 'campaigning' for, stikes a very raw nerve in most of us as these are some of the reasons why most of us are leaving the UK. We do not want to be insulted, talked down to or wound up. This used to be a very pleasant forum. You and your sort have spoilt this for a lot of us. Believe me, we are not stupid. We are taking families half way around the world, do you honestly think that we have done no research? Australia has not even been the first choice for many of us, I now it wasn't mine. Open your eyes, Wilf, we have internet access, Oz papers delivered and contacts over there as well. You are just one man, we have contact with thousands.

Please, we don't need your abuse, twisted facts or blinkered views. We definitly don't need your stupidity. Never, ever insult someone unless you know thier full story.

Please close the door on the way out.
Old Jun 21st 2003, 6:43 am
Forum Regular

Bella will become famous soon enough

One of the things Wilf, his pseudonyms, & PB thrive on is attention, getting a reaction, stirring the pot, as it were. It feeds their egos. I agree Wilf says some useful stuff but his delivery is lacking but that's what it's all about. He will be in his element reading these posts, his ego will be bursting, he has no intention of leaving, just wants us all to say" don't leave!" And here am I jumping on the band wagon!

I work in a psychiatric unit and the line that separates Wilf, PB etc from some of those with fragile egos and a good deal of insecurity aint that small.
But if I don't wanna read I'll ignore.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.