Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

sorry, stupid question about meds?

sorry, stupid question about meds?

Old Sep 26th 2006, 3:48 pm
Forum Regular

thebardies has much to be proud ofthebardies has much to be proud ofthebardies has much to be proud ofthebardies has much to be proud ofthebardies has much to be proud ofthebardies has much to be proud ofthebardies has much to be proud ofthebardies has much to be proud ofthebardies has much to be proud ofthebardies has much to be proud ofthebardies has much to be proud of
Red face sorry, stupid question about meds?

Sorry if this is a bit thick but how do you know where to get your meds done? is there a list somewhere of all the places that do them or is it just at your local drs?

I live in Rushden, Northants but also have 2 step children in hartlepool that will need meds doing too. Has anyone had their meds done in these areas?

One last thing is i have a 3month old daughter, will she need any meds doing?

Thanks for any advice guys.
Old Sep 26th 2006, 3:57 pm
BE Enthusiast

Downies has a reputation beyond reputeDownies has a reputation beyond reputeDownies has a reputation beyond reputeDownies has a reputation beyond reputeDownies has a reputation beyond reputeDownies has a reputation beyond reputeDownies has a reputation beyond reputeDownies has a reputation beyond reputeDownies has a reputation beyond reputeDownies has a reputation beyond reputeDownies has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: sorry, stupid question about meds?

Originally Posted by thebardies
Sorry if this is a bit thick but how do you know where to get your meds done? is there a list somewhere of all the places that do them or is it just at your local drs?

I live in Rushden, Northants but also have 2 step children in hartlepool that will need meds doing too. Has anyone had their meds done in these areas?

Have attached UK panel doctor list also found in instructions doc so attached that too.

Hope they help - will have to wait for answers re kiddies, we dont have any so cant help you with those questions.

Paula
Attached Files
File Type: pdf
UK Panel Doctors January 2006.pdf (71.7 KB, 1590 views)
Old Sep 26th 2006, 4:16 pm
Forum Regular

sprite_green is just really nicesprite_green is just really nicesprite_green is just really nicesprite_green is just really nicesprite_green is just really nicesprite_green is just really nicesprite_green is just really nicesprite_green is just really nicesprite_green is just really nicesprite_green is just really nice

We have a 6, 9 and 10 year old.

They have basic medicals performed (chest examination, height, weight, eyes exam, ear exam, etc.), but no x-rays and no blood.

It is important to make sure that you complete the form for them, including any medical history, etc.

Have to say that I don't envy you getting them to put a sample in a jar for analysis. Our kids found this very amusing!

Let me know if you have any queries (or PM me).

SG
Old Sep 26th 2006, 4:23 pm
brown eyes!

pete jackson is a glorious beacon of lightpete jackson is a glorious beacon of lightpete jackson is a glorious beacon of lightpete jackson is a glorious beacon of lightpete jackson is a glorious beacon of lightpete jackson is a glorious beacon of lightpete jackson is a glorious beacon of lightpete jackson is a glorious beacon of lightpete jackson is a glorious beacon of lightpete jackson is a glorious beacon of lightpete jackson is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by sprite_green

They have basic medicals performed (chest examination, height, weight, eyes exam, ear exam, etc.), but no x-rays and no blood.

It is important to make sure that you complete the form for them, including any medical history, etc.

Have to say that I don't envy you getting them to put a sample in a jar for analysis. Our kids found this very amusing!

SG
They send you all the places you can have it done when they request them to be carried out and then you just pick the cloest one to you, check the prices out as some are alot more expensive. Pete
Old Sep 26th 2006, 4:38 pm
Forum Regular

thebardies has much to be proud ofthebardies has much to be proud ofthebardies has much to be proud ofthebardies has much to be proud ofthebardies has much to be proud ofthebardies has much to be proud ofthebardies has much to be proud ofthebardies has much to be proud ofthebardies has much to be proud ofthebardies has much to be proud ofthebardies has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by sprite_green

SG
thanks for that. Luckily like i said they are step kids and so their lucky mum will get to take them for their meds. ha ha.

Old Sep 27th 2006, 5:42 am
brown eyes!

pete jackson is a glorious beacon of lightpete jackson is a glorious beacon of lightpete jackson is a glorious beacon of lightpete jackson is a glorious beacon of lightpete jackson is a glorious beacon of lightpete jackson is a glorious beacon of lightpete jackson is a glorious beacon of lightpete jackson is a glorious beacon of lightpete jackson is a glorious beacon of lightpete jackson is a glorious beacon of lightpete jackson is a glorious beacon of light

thanks for that. Luckily like i said they are step kids and so their lucky mum will get to take them for their meds. ha ha.

Nice one!! BUPA hospital in Hull wanted to do twice as many blood tests as required and charge us nearly 4 times as much as the place we ended up going to in York!!! Robbers! Pete
Old Sep 27th 2006, 7:55 am
gjs
Forum Regular

gjs has much to be proud ofgjs has much to be proud ofgjs has much to be proud ofgjs has much to be proud ofgjs has much to be proud ofgjs has much to be proud ofgjs has much to be proud ofgjs has much to be proud ofgjs has much to be proud ofgjs has much to be proud ofgjs has much to be proud of

Yes,your baby will also need a medical.You need to take her red book when you go,but she will not need an Xray.Our boy was two months old when we had our meds,his was pretty basi,checked his weight and hest,did not do urine or blood test.
Old Sep 27th 2006, 8:18 am
Forum Regular

Question Re: sorry, stupid question about meds?

ok thanks for all the info.

does anyone have any experience of meds in northampton, middlesborough or newcastle? just wondering on price and waiting times?

thanks, Jan
Old Sep 27th 2006, 9:49 am
brown eyes!

ok thanks for all the info.

does anyone have any experience of meds in northampton, middlesborough or newcastle? just wondering on price and waiting times?

thanks, Jan
Think we only had to wait a couple of weeks for ours after we rang them up to book a date. Pete