Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Sorry to be stoopid but.. (forum q)

Sorry to be stoopid but.. (forum q)

Old Jan 10th 2005, 10:34 pm
Forum Regular

Sophie Louise has a spectacular aura aboutSophie Louise has a spectacular aura aboutSophie Louise has a spectacular aura about
Default Sorry to be stoopid but.. (forum q)

Just went on chat room bit and seemed to be just me in it?!!! Oh dear... New to all this (never been on any chat room/ internet forum until now) so what's 'the lounge' and what's 'chat room'? And where are they?

Apologies to more competent internet users.....

Sophie
Old Jan 10th 2005, 10:39 pm
ABCDiamond

Default Re: Sorry to be stoopid but.. (forum q)

Originally Posted by Sophie Louise
Just went on chat room bit and seemed to be just me in it?!!! Oh dear... New to all this (never been on any chat room/ internet forum until now) so what's 'the lounge' and what's 'chat room'? And where are they?

Sophie
Hello and Welcome
"The Lounge" I think that's for the braver posters And it's used by all sorts of people from all countries.

I personally think this forum is as good as any chat room, and it almost always seems pretty busy. With this forum you can choose the topics that you join in with, and catch up with things at any time even days down the line, or even years later, as sometime happens

Old Jan 10th 2005, 10:42 pm
Forum Regular

Sophie Louise has a spectacular aura aboutSophie Louise has a spectacular aura aboutSophie Louise has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by ABCDiamond
Hello and Welcome
"The Lounge" I think that's for the braver posters And it's used by all sorts of people from all countries.

I personally think this forum is as good as any chat room, and it almost always seems pretty busy. With this forum you can choose the topics that you join in with, and catch up with things at any time even days down the line, or even years later, as sometime happens
Thanks. Should I not ask....? To be honest I've never been on any kind of internet chat thing before and no idea how it all works!!!
Old Jan 10th 2005, 10:42 pm
part-time Visa Angel!

mlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nice

Sophie

Hi Sophie,

For various reasons, the chat room tends to be pretty quiet these days. A lot of discussion goes on in the lounge (click on Forum Home at the top of the page and scroll down till you see The Lounge). The Lounge is where off-topic things (non-immigration/country specific) are chatted about.

Just yell out if you get stuck!
Old Jan 10th 2005, 10:46 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by mlbonner
Hi Sophie,

For various reasons, the chat room tends to be pretty quiet these days. A lot of discussion goes on in the lounge (click on Forum Home at the top of the page and scroll down till you see The Lounge). The Lounge is where off-topic things (non-immigration/country specific) are chatted about.

Just yell out if you get stuck!
Ooh think I've found it. Thanks for that. Sounds like some terrible poetry goes on here !!

Thanks

Sophie
Old Jan 10th 2005, 10:50 pm
ABCDiamond

Thanks. Should I not ask....? To be honest I've never been on any kind of internet chat thing before and no idea how it all works!!!
If you are planning on moving to Australia, and/or just want to discuss Australia, then this one (Lifestyle & Culture > Australia & New Zealand), the one you are in now, should fit the bill.

If you want to discuss more specific immigration details then the (Immigration > Australia & New Zealand Immigration) forum may be better.

Good luck

Old Jan 10th 2005, 10:51 pm

gedge has disabled reputation

It's always a good idea to sit back and watch sometimes. Then you can figure out whos whos and the best way to get involved if you decide you want to. You'll find some people make the wrong impression by wading in to a forum and stepping on toes. It's ok if you can handle any heat it might generate.

For me the passive way works, but then that's what I'm like socially. I take my time to weigh people up before I get too involved.

But hey, you can always go crazy and then come back as someone else. That's the beauty of this place.

Welcome and enjoy yourself.
Old Jan 11th 2005, 10:33 pm
Forum Regular

Thank you! Will do...
Old Jan 11th 2005, 10:36 pm
errm back to Perth!

FozzieBear is an unknown quantity at this point

Sometimes the stoopid questions are the best, they are usually the ones others are afraid to ask

Welcome aboard the stomach churning rollercoaster ride that is VISA applications

Fozzie.