Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

The sorry state of England

The sorry state of England

Old May 25th 2005, 3:31 am
Forum Regular

Zentack is a jewel in the roughZentack is a jewel in the roughZentack is a jewel in the roughZentack is a jewel in the roughZentack is a jewel in the rough
Default The sorry state of England

At last scientisits have proved what I've know for a long time:

Poms laugh less, say scientists

"BRITAIN is suffering a sense of humour failure, with laughter levels three times lower now than 50 years ago and nearly half of all adults unable to enjoy at least one big guffaw a day, research has revealed."

Papa Z
Old May 25th 2005, 3:37 am
BE Enthusiast

Jimbo9 has a brilliant futureJimbo9 has a brilliant futureJimbo9 has a brilliant futureJimbo9 has a brilliant futureJimbo9 has a brilliant futureJimbo9 has a brilliant future
Default Re: The sorry state of England

Originally Posted by Zentack

"BRITAIN is suffering a sense of humour failure, with laughter levels three times lower now than 50 years ago and nearly half of all adults unable to enjoy at least one big guffaw a day, research has revealed."

Papa Z

I don't see what's so funny........
Old May 25th 2005, 4:18 am
forever hopeful

louise4 has a reputation beyond reputelouise4 has a reputation beyond reputelouise4 has a reputation beyond reputelouise4 has a reputation beyond reputelouise4 has a reputation beyond reputelouise4 has a reputation beyond reputelouise4 has a reputation beyond reputelouise4 has a reputation beyond reputelouise4 has a reputation beyond reputelouise4 has a reputation beyond reputelouise4 has a reputation beyond repute

Papa Z
PMSL
Old May 25th 2005, 4:38 am
BE Enthusiast

Innyjim has much to be proud ofInnyjim has much to be proud ofInnyjim has much to be proud ofInnyjim has much to be proud ofInnyjim has much to be proud ofInnyjim has much to be proud ofInnyjim has much to be proud ofInnyjim has much to be proud ofInnyjim has much to be proud ofInnyjim has much to be proud ofInnyjim has much to be proud of

Papa Z
If only Britain would see the light and air some of those hilarious US primetime sit coms that we are treated to on channels 7,9 & 10, maybe that would get them laughing again ?
Old May 25th 2005, 4:42 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Innyjim
If only Britain would see the light and air some of those hilarious US primetime sit coms that we are treated to on channels 7,9 & 10, maybe that would get them laughing again ?
I think that depends on your definition of hilarious - an hour of some of that dross and I am ready to throw myself under a truck!
Old May 25th 2005, 4:45 am
BE Enthusiast

Innyjim has much to be proud ofInnyjim has much to be proud ofInnyjim has much to be proud ofInnyjim has much to be proud ofInnyjim has much to be proud ofInnyjim has much to be proud ofInnyjim has much to be proud ofInnyjim has much to be proud ofInnyjim has much to be proud ofInnyjim has much to be proud ofInnyjim has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Pollyana
I think that depends on your definition of hilarious - an hour of some of that dross and I am ready to throw myself under a truck!
Oh come on now.... You're trying to tell me that 'Everybody Loves Raymond' isn't side splittingly funny.....???!!
Old May 25th 2005, 5:04 am
Forum Regular

Zentack is a jewel in the roughZentack is a jewel in the roughZentack is a jewel in the roughZentack is a jewel in the roughZentack is a jewel in the rough

Celebrities, reality TV, politicians, they're just spoiled for things to make them laugh in the UK.

And what makes the girls from Manchester so happy?

Z
Old May 25th 2005, 6:28 am
Y Ddraig Goch

Location: Body is in Brissie. Heart and soul has long flown home.
Ceri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to all

"The sorry state of England
At last scientisits have proved what I've know for a long time" quote

I'm laughing at the "Britain" became "England" and when "say' became "proved"

Old May 25th 2005, 7:58 am
BE Enthusiast

Sue from Manchester has a brilliant futureSue from Manchester has a brilliant futureSue from Manchester has a brilliant futureSue from Manchester has a brilliant futureSue from Manchester has a brilliant futureSue from Manchester has a brilliant future

Z[/QUOTE]

Wouldn't you like to know!!!!

Last edited by Sue from Manchester; May 25th 2005 at 7:58 am. Reason: mistake
Old May 25th 2005, 8:00 am
Cup of tea, Father?

Geordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond repute

Boddingtons? Means they forget they're in Manchester?!

Originally Posted by Sue from Manchester

Wouldn't you like to know!!!!
Old May 25th 2005, 9:18 am
BE Enthusiast

Sue from Manchester has a brilliant futureSue from Manchester has a brilliant futureSue from Manchester has a brilliant futureSue from Manchester has a brilliant futureSue from Manchester has a brilliant futureSue from Manchester has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by Geordie George
Boddingtons? Means they forget they're in Manchester?!
They're actually closing the Boddingtons factory - another great tradition gone. They're also closing the Colgate toothpaste factory in Salford, another 450 jobs gone.
Sorry, hijacking the thread here but it might explain why people don't laugh - they can't get the toothpaste and don't want to show their teeth
Old May 25th 2005, 10:36 am
BE Enthusiast

Ialibu has a reputation beyond reputeIalibu has a reputation beyond reputeIalibu has a reputation beyond reputeIalibu has a reputation beyond reputeIalibu has a reputation beyond reputeIalibu has a reputation beyond reputeIalibu has a reputation beyond reputeIalibu has a reputation beyond reputeIalibu has a reputation beyond reputeIalibu has a reputation beyond reputeIalibu has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Innyjim
When I first read this I thought it said "barfing" and my immediate thoughts were "too true"