Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Sorry for deserting you, glad to be back

Wikiposts

Sorry for deserting you, glad to be back

Old Feb 20th 2006, 11:19 pm
Just Joined

Nightmair is just really niceNightmair is just really niceNightmair is just really niceNightmair is just really niceNightmair is just really niceNightmair is just really niceNightmair is just really niceNightmair is just really nice
Default Sorry for deserting you, glad to be back

I've not visited BE for some weeks/months now as I had given up on getting to Australia in the near future. Everything seemed to be going to plan, my husband had had positive responses from RAN and was preparing to do the security and background paperwork and interim meds required. The British Navy dragged their heels in getting info for Aus and had him running in circles. Meantime our daughter went into hospital for major spine surgery to correct her scoliosis. We were pleased that the op was going to be out of the way and not a hindrance to future visa medicals as it takes some months to get the all clear. Unfortunately it is me who has messed things up. I had a full seizure whilst looking after my daughter in hospital, it was provoked by 5 days lack of sleep and stress because my daughter was very poorly after the op. Because it happened in hospital they pushed for investigations and I had to see a neurosurgeon, I had EEG's, MRI's and angiograms which told me I didn't have epilepsy but that I have evidence of aneurysms in my brain. On-going tests over a few months are to prove whether they are progressive or whether it is just part of my body's make up and will not suddenly get worse. I threw Australia out of the window and was convinced that I would never pass a visa medical. My husband however has been very patient and told me that he still intends to continue with his application, just at a slower pace, so that we have time to prove that all is well in my corner. I'm feeling more positive now and have regained my enthusiasm and confidence in our ability as a family to get to Australia. Hence I have entered the forum again and am enjoying my visits. I'm pleased to see so many of you getting you visas and settling into life in Australia. Good luck to everyone else on the treadmill.

Gina
Old Feb 20th 2006, 11:26 pm
Forum Regular

janet66 has much to be proud ofjanet66 has much to be proud ofjanet66 has much to be proud ofjanet66 has much to be proud ofjanet66 has much to be proud ofjanet66 has much to be proud ofjanet66 has much to be proud ofjanet66 has much to be proud ofjanet66 has much to be proud ofjanet66 has much to be proud ofjanet66 has much to be proud of
Smile Re: Sorry for deserting you, glad to be back

glad that you are well and on the mend and your daughter . my husband is in the navy and had considered the RAN , but now has decided to go and leave totally 24 years in the navy is enough (sept 2nd cant come quick enough) , but dont give up hope , jan
Old Feb 20th 2006, 11:29 pm
BE Enthusiast

The Johnstons is a splendid one to beholdThe Johnstons is a splendid one to beholdThe Johnstons is a splendid one to beholdThe Johnstons is a splendid one to beholdThe Johnstons is a splendid one to beholdThe Johnstons is a splendid one to beholdThe Johnstons is a splendid one to beholdThe Johnstons is a splendid one to beholdThe Johnstons is a splendid one to beholdThe Johnstons is a splendid one to beholdThe Johnstons is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Sorry for deserting you, glad to be back

OMG what a time you've had! Glad everyone's on the mend now though. Good luck with all your future plans
TJ
Old Feb 20th 2006, 11:29 pm
BE Enthusiast

STEVE&TERRI has much to be proud ofSTEVE&TERRI has much to be proud ofSTEVE&TERRI has much to be proud ofSTEVE&TERRI has much to be proud ofSTEVE&TERRI has much to be proud ofSTEVE&TERRI has much to be proud ofSTEVE&TERRI has much to be proud ofSTEVE&TERRI has much to be proud ofSTEVE&TERRI has much to be proud ofSTEVE&TERRI has much to be proud ofSTEVE&TERRI has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Nightmair
I've not visited BE for some weeks/months now as I had given up on getting to Australia in the near future. Everything seemed to be going to plan, my husband had had positive responses from RAN and was preparing to do the security and background paperwork and interim meds required. The British Navy dragged their heels in getting info for Aus and had him running in circles. Meantime our daughter went into hospital for major spine surgery to correct her scoliosis. We were pleased that the op was going to be out of the way and not a hindrance to future visa medicals as it takes some months to get the all clear. Unfortunately it is me who has messed things up. I had a full seizure whilst looking after my daughter in hospital, it was provoked by 5 days lack of sleep and stress because my daughter was very poorly after the op. Because it happened in hospital they pushed for investigations and I had to see a neurosurgeon, I had EEG's, MRI's and angiograms which told me I didn't have epilepsy but that I have evidence of aneurysms in my brain. On-going tests over a few months are to prove whether they are progressive or whether it is just part of my body's make up and will not suddenly get worse. I threw Australia out of the window and was convinced that I would never pass a visa medical. My husband however has been very patient and told me that he still intends to continue with his application, just at a slower pace, so that we have time to prove that all is well in my corner. I'm feeling more positive now and have regained my enthusiasm and confidence in our ability as a family to get to Australia. Hence I have entered the forum again and am enjoying my visits. I'm pleased to see so many of you getting you visas and settling into life in Australia. Good luck to everyone else on the treadmill.

Gina

Welcome back ,glad you and your family are all fine,you all seem to have gone through it lately .All the best for the future.
Terri
Old Feb 20th 2006, 11:31 pm
Bix
da Bonehead

Bix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond repute

Well Gina.

Looks like you have lived a decade or two in the last few months so what's a bunch of months on the Aus path ?

Your hubby clearly has his head screwed on when he says gently, gently. Australia isn't likely to go anywhere and can wait for you if that's how it pans out to be.

The first priority though is everyones health and I hope the real crap is now over for you all.

And if you need a tonic get yourself some Cornish Clotted.....none of that Devonshire muck
Old Feb 21st 2006, 12:12 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Jeez! Getting a visa is nothing compared to that lot. In the end the only thing that matters is everyone's health. Not surprised you had a seizure, dealing with that.

Glad everyone is on the mend. As Bix said, Aus is still going to be here when you are ready (was going to say Aus is going nowhere, but then the anti brigade would step in and agree with me )

Take care.
Old Feb 21st 2006, 3:25 am
Just Joined

Nightmair is just really niceNightmair is just really niceNightmair is just really niceNightmair is just really niceNightmair is just really niceNightmair is just really niceNightmair is just really niceNightmair is just really nice

Thanks for your kind responses. I'm just gonna let things happen now. Just off to get some clotted cream (Cornish).

Gina
Old Feb 21st 2006, 3:41 am
BE Enthusiast

Louise M has a reputation beyond reputeLouise M has a reputation beyond reputeLouise M has a reputation beyond reputeLouise M has a reputation beyond reputeLouise M has a reputation beyond reputeLouise M has a reputation beyond reputeLouise M has a reputation beyond reputeLouise M has a reputation beyond reputeLouise M has a reputation beyond reputeLouise M has a reputation beyond reputeLouise M has a reputation beyond repute

Gina
So sorry to hear you've had such a rough time. Good idea to take it gently.
Have known several people who have had cerebral aneurysms in the past and they are fighting fit!! Karma sent.
Lou
Old Feb 21st 2006, 3:58 am
BE Enthusiast

Location: was Bradford then poole dorset then Sydney,Forster, Kanwal,Gosford,and now Erina
FRAYNE has a reputation beyond reputeFRAYNE has a reputation beyond reputeFRAYNE has a reputation beyond reputeFRAYNE has a reputation beyond reputeFRAYNE has a reputation beyond reputeFRAYNE has a reputation beyond reputeFRAYNE has a reputation beyond reputeFRAYNE has a reputation beyond reputeFRAYNE has a reputation beyond reputeFRAYNE has a reputation beyond reputeFRAYNE has a reputation beyond repute

Gina
Hi Gina hope your daughter is making a good recovery and that things turn out well for you my best wishes to you and your family
Old Feb 21st 2006, 3:58 am
Just Joined

morrison is a jewel in the roughmorrison is a jewel in the roughmorrison is a jewel in the roughmorrison is a jewel in the roughmorrison is a jewel in the rough

I'm very sorry to hear you've gone thru such hell. I hope you and your family recover and find the happiness that you so obviously deserve.
Old Feb 21st 2006, 4:05 am
BE Enthusiast

don544 has a reputation beyond reputedon544 has a reputation beyond reputedon544 has a reputation beyond reputedon544 has a reputation beyond reputedon544 has a reputation beyond reputedon544 has a reputation beyond reputedon544 has a reputation beyond reputedon544 has a reputation beyond reputedon544 has a reputation beyond reputedon544 has a reputation beyond reputedon544 has a reputation beyond repute

all the best to you all in the future, dom