Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Sooooooo Gravy!!!

Sooooooo Gravy!!!

Old Oct 17th 2006, 7:20 am
BE Forum Addict

nickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Sooooooo Gravy!!!

Ive just sent them an email ! had to use greens gravy granules on Sunday ( its Just sooooooooo not the same )

Nicky
Old Oct 17th 2006, 8:19 am
Forum Regular

mysnix is a glorious beacon of lightmysnix is a glorious beacon of lightmysnix is a glorious beacon of lightmysnix is a glorious beacon of lightmysnix is a glorious beacon of lightmysnix is a glorious beacon of lightmysnix is a glorious beacon of lightmysnix is a glorious beacon of lightmysnix is a glorious beacon of lightmysnix is a glorious beacon of lightmysnix is a glorious beacon of light

I have trawled all my local woolies in my search but only found the chicken
Ann,

I will have to swap you ... I have trawled a few too and only found beef and veg (Marrytaville) can't find chicken anywhere!!

Can't stand Green's

Nikki
xx
Old Oct 18th 2006, 2:18 am
sullysdownunder

wayne/kerrie is a splendid one to beholdwayne/kerrie is a splendid one to beholdwayne/kerrie is a splendid one to beholdwayne/kerrie is a splendid one to beholdwayne/kerrie is a splendid one to beholdwayne/kerrie is a splendid one to beholdwayne/kerrie is a splendid one to beholdwayne/kerrie is a splendid one to beholdwayne/kerrie is a splendid one to beholdwayne/kerrie is a splendid one to beholdwayne/kerrie is a splendid one to behold

OHHH NNOOOO THIS IS THE EMAIL I GOT BACK

RE: SOO Gravy granules

I am writing to you in response to your query recorded on 18/10/2006 regarding the ranging of the above product at your local Woolworths store.

Whilst we endeavour to satisfy our customer needs, it is not always possible to stock every product available in the market place.

We select our ranges based on sales (in all retail outlets) plus potential sales, manufacturer support in terms of advertising etc and popularity to our customers which may vary from state to state.

Unfortunately in this instance the product you have requested has been deleted by the vendor. This was due to them being unable to continuously bring in from overseas. There was also a legal issue that arose in WA regarding the excessive air space in the canister.

However may I suggest the following products that are ranged to your local store as a great alternative:

Greens Roast Meat Granules

Thank you for your valued custom and taking the time to write to Woolworths.
Old Oct 18th 2006, 2:46 am
Gutter Gob!!

northernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond repute

OK, this is how I make my mince for my shepherd pie or old fashioned mince and tatties.

Fry onion and diced carrot until soft, add mince and brown. Add water to cover and 2 spoons of continental powdered beef stock and a couple of dashes of worcester sauce. Simmer for 15 mins.
I use bisto gravy browning, the old fashioned stuff and available in english shops. mix a couple of spoons with cold water and add to the simmering mince mix until the gravy thickens. I use this for thickening the meat juices on a roast too.

No need for nasty greens or gravox.
Old Oct 18th 2006, 2:47 am
Living in Perthection

steve99 has a reputation beyond reputesteve99 has a reputation beyond reputesteve99 has a reputation beyond reputesteve99 has a reputation beyond reputesteve99 has a reputation beyond reputesteve99 has a reputation beyond reputesteve99 has a reputation beyond reputesteve99 has a reputation beyond reputesteve99 has a reputation beyond reputesteve99 has a reputation beyond reputesteve99 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by wayne/kerrie

I am writing to you in response to your query recorded on 18/10/2006 regarding the ranging of the above product at your local Woolworths store.

Whilst we endeavour to satisfy our customer needs, it is not always possible to stock every product available in the market place.

We select our ranges based on sales (in all retail outlets) plus potential sales, manufacturer support in terms of advertising etc and popularity to our customers which may vary from state to state.

Unfortunately in this instance the product you have requested has been deleted by the vendor. This was due to them being unable to continuously bring in from overseas. There was also a legal issue that arose in WA regarding the excessive air space in the canister.

However may I suggest the following products that are ranged to your local store as a great alternative:

I just had the indentical email come through from them (word for word)....
Its a sad day
Who would of thought Gravy would cause such a stir...
Old Oct 18th 2006, 2:53 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond repute

I can't believe how "brown"ed off you all are about gravy. Time you all took "stock"
Old Oct 18th 2006, 2:54 am
Gutter Gob!!

northernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Wendy
I can't believe how "brown"ed off you all are about gravy. Time you all took "stock"
slow day in adelaide Wendy
Old Oct 18th 2006, 2:56 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by northernbird
slow day in adelaide Wendy

Can you tell

Actually, it's rather nice - kids all at school, hubby out doing his course and I'm here all on my own enjoying the peace and quiet
Old Oct 18th 2006, 3:04 am
Mozzie magnet

chels has a reputation beyond reputechels has a reputation beyond reputechels has a reputation beyond reputechels has a reputation beyond reputechels has a reputation beyond reputechels has a reputation beyond reputechels has a reputation beyond reputechels has a reputation beyond reputechels has a reputation beyond reputechels has a reputation beyond reputechels has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by wayne/kerrie

If only there was a crying smilie
Old Oct 18th 2006, 3:14 am
Never going back

Sleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond repute

not been on BE for ages, only got on-line last week.

i did a roast dinner last night, which everyone loves, its usually silence whilst they eat. but, last night ........ .........daughter wouldnt eat it because the gravy tasted ýucky'!!!!!!

i am not very good at gravy making from scratch, and used to use oxo gravy mix in uk. i must admit, what i used last night was goddamn awful!!!!

what a great post......think i'll dash off to our local aldi (30 mins away), and see if they have got any ssooooo gravy!!
Old Oct 18th 2006, 3:18 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by Sleeping Beauty
not been on BE for ages, only got on-line last week.

i did a roast dinner last night, which everyone loves, its usually silence whilst they eat. but, last night ........ .........daughter wouldnt eat it because the gravy tasted ýucky'!!!!!!

i am not very good at gravy making from scratch, and used to use oxo gravy mix in uk. i must admit, what i used last night was goddamn awful!!!!

what a great post......think i'll dash off to our local aldi (30 mins away), and see if they have got any ssooooo gravy!!

You can buy oxo's here. They are mostly cubes though, so buy some cornflour to thicken it up (it's where all the cake mixes and flour is)
Old Oct 18th 2006, 3:23 am
Never going back

Sleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond repute

You can buy oxo's here. They are mostly cubes though, so buy some cornflour to thicken it up (it's where all the cake mixes and flour is)

wendy, i am crap at that!!!! i have got the oxo cubes, but cannot make gravy for the life of me, lumps as big as plums in me gravy!!!
Old Oct 18th 2006, 3:29 am
Account Closed

Paul&Nic has a brilliant futurePaul&Nic has a brilliant futurePaul&Nic has a brilliant futurePaul&Nic has a brilliant futurePaul&Nic has a brilliant futurePaul&Nic has a brilliant futurePaul&Nic has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by chels
If only there was a crying smilie
Old Oct 18th 2006, 3:29 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by Sleeping Beauty
wendy, i am crap at that!!!! i have got the oxo cubes, but cannot make gravy for the life of me, lumps as big as plums in me gravy!!!

Crumble them up into a jug, slowly pour in cold water while stirring until you have the amount you want. Heat it on the cooker, when it is boiling turn down to a simmer. While it's cooling put cornflour into a jug and stir in cold water until mixed then pour into your gravy while stirring the gravy.

I've only just got it right after 4 months of trying
Old Oct 18th 2006, 3:41 am
Never going back

Crumble them up into a jug, slowly pour in cold water while stirring until you have the amount you want. Heat it on the cooker, when it is boiling turn down to a simmer. While it's cooling put cornflour into a jug and stir in cold water until mixed then pour into your gravy while stirring the gravy.

I've only just got it right after 4 months of trying

think it's a case of having to, thanks for the help wendy. i was doing it the other way around, oxo in a bit of water in a pan, add the cornflour in and then the additional water.

...god, cant believe i am typing this about flammin gravy,,,,,,

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.