British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Australia (https://britishexpats.com/forum/australia-54/)
-   -   Sooooooo Gravy!!! (https://britishexpats.com/forum/australia-54/sooooooo-gravy-400220/)

svinnes Oct 4th 2006 4:58 am

Sooooooo Gravy!!!

Anyone know where i can now get soo gravy granules from, Woolies used to sell it now they have taken it off the shelf,i can't make mince and tatties without it unless someone knows what else i can use instead.And coles have never sold it.
Cheers
Suzanne

cresta's conscience Oct 4th 2006 5:03 am

Re: Sooooooo Gravy!!!

Originally Posted by svinnes
Anyone know where i can now get soo gravy granules from, Woolies used to sell it now they have taken it off the shelf,i can't make mince and tatties without it unless someone knows what else i can use instead.And coles have never sold it.
Cheers
Suzanne

Our Woolies have stopped stocking it too :mad: I've just used up the last of the stock I had and no where else seems to be doing it. I've tried the greens brand but it's nowhere near enough I guess I'll just have to get used to making gravy the old way :eek:
Deb

wayne/kerrie Oct 4th 2006 6:10 am

yeap we have the same problem , woolies sold it the following week it was , i asked my local woolies who said they have never heard of it????? :confused:

on www.shoppingfrombritain.com sell it but im unsure if it will get though cutoms or not ..plus family have offered to send it over ???

luv kez x

biggy Oct 4th 2006 6:50 am

Cheers
Suzanne

I use Greens gravy granules for red meat...IMO its better than bisto...and its lower in salt give it a go

canaveral Oct 4th 2006 6:53 am

Cheers
Suzanne

I bought some chicken and some vegetable soooo gravy from Aldis 7 weeks ago. $2.99
I hope they still sell it because it seems to have dissapeared from my woolies too.

movetoperth Oct 4th 2006 6:53 am

Originally Posted by biggy
I use Greens gravy granules for red meat...IMO its better than bisto...and its lower in salt give it a go

Suzanne

i use Greens too but their roast beef ones (tub with green lid), have always used them for my mince and tatties and never had any complaints from the troops.

Lynn

chels Oct 4th 2006 6:56 am

Originally Posted by biggy

I've tried it - better than Gravox, definately, but not as nice as Sooooo Gravy. My local Woolies is still stocking the chicken version (so I got one of those as a poor substitute) and the cheese sauce version, but no traditional.

Please, someone have some good news about it :(

Hilton`s Oct 4th 2006 10:53 am

Originally Posted by chels
I've tried it - better than Gravox, definately, but not as nice as Sooooo Gravy. My local Woolies is still stocking the chicken version (so I got one of those as a poor substitute) and the cheese sauce version, but no traditional.

Please, someone have some good news about it :(

Stopped selling it at my Woolies too. I`ve started to add a couple of Oxo cubes to Greens gravy granules and this is okay.

Tracey x

JAYMAC Oct 4th 2006 11:00 am

I am another Greens Gravy fan, some of the gravy I tried before that was disgusting so would say that it is the best of a bad bunch... when made with onions and a bit of yorkshire pudding batter it is really tasty (just had it tonight).

Julia

Ransi Oct 4th 2006 12:24 pm

Cheers
Suzanne

Really? Get mine from Wollies here in Perth,although I couldn't get the beef one last time I went,opted for the chicken this time...not tried it yet though!

Jacqui Oct 4th 2006 12:27 pm

Our Woolworths only has the chicken version too. My family keep moaning because we've had to go back to using the Green's one. And why can't we buy decent size jars either? They sell whacking great tins of Milo, but titchy jars of gravy granules.

jdt3000 Oct 4th 2006 12:47 pm

My mum actually found this shocking info out about 2 months ago...ALL stores in Australia are phasing out the 'Sooooooo' gravy range due to the apparent unpopularity of the brand. My mum was so annoyed, the other gravies out here are REALLY watery compared to Bisto/Soooo gravy. The only place you can get it now is the special import shops, which cost an arm and a leg if truth be told! I think we will be going with Greens gravy from now on, it's not as nice but it will have to do!

Just thought I would share that with you all...

JDT

wayne/kerrie Oct 4th 2006 10:40 pm

hi jdt ,
do you have a web site for the import shops , im expecting to pay for it but it will be worth it just to put a smile on my son's face ... :D

cheers kez x

232Bar Oct 4th 2006 10:43 pm

Originally Posted by Jacqui
Our Woolworths only has the chicken version too. My family keep moaning because we've had to go back to using the Green's one. And why can't we buy decent size jars either? They sell whacking great tins of Milo, but titchy jars of gravy granules.

Roast Beef and Milo anyone?? I must admit I've often wondered why you can't get the large size tins/jars/packets over here as well. It's not a problem not being able to get them, just curious as to why you can't. :confused:

Pollyana Oct 5th 2006 2:23 am

Originally Posted by 232Bar
Roast Beef and Milo anyone?? I must admit I've often wondered why you can't get the large size tins/jars/packets over here as well. It's not a problem not being able to get them, just curious as to why you can't. :confused:

Don't know, I've often wondered the same! I'd prefer to buy larger tins of stuff and not have to restock so often.