Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Soooooo Frustrated!!!! :(

Soooooo Frustrated!!!! :(

Old Jul 29th 2005, 10:56 pm
is happy to be here :)

Tiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond repute
Default Soooooo Frustrated!!!! :(

As you can see from my timeline, I have been on with my visa application for nearly 2 months now, and was getting on very well. I have sorted a lot of the nursing things out (as I am a nurse and have all my certified documents ready.

I am at the stage now that I am ready to register with the Nurses Board of Western Australia, and then will send my skills assessment off straight after that.

Thing is I have been at this stage for nearly 4 weeks....and the only thing holding me up is the reference from the sister on my ward! I am so frustrated at the fact it has took her so long (a month). I wouldn't care either, but I more or less wrote the bloody thing for her!

Has anyone else had trouble with their employer giving references? and did you get as frustrated as me?

Pleased I got that off my chest
Old Jul 29th 2005, 11:05 pm
BE Forum Addict

tracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Soooooo Frustrated!!!! :(

Originally Posted by Tiawamutu
As you can see from my timeline, I have been on with my visa application for nearly 2 months now, and was getting on very well. I have sorted a lot of the nursing things out (as I am a nurse and have all my certified documents ready.

I am at the stage now that I am ready to register with the Nurses Board of Western Australia, and then will send my skills assessment off straight after that.

Thing is I have been at this stage for nearly 4 weeks....and the only thing holding me up is the reference from the sister on my ward! I am so frustrated at the fact it has took her so long (a month). I wouldn't care either, but I more or less wrote the bloody thing for her!

Has anyone else had trouble with their employer giving references? and did you get as frustrated as me?

Pleased I got that off my chest
Hi,
I didn't have any trouble getting my references sorted. I would just remind her. she may have simply forgotten.

I can understand why you are so frustrated though. good luck and i'll send you some k./

Tracey
Old Jul 29th 2005, 11:12 pm
The Godfather

Bordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to behold

Just tell her your agent is putting pressure on you to get it.
No harm in a wee white lie.
Old Jul 29th 2005, 11:13 pm

Tiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by tracey.d
Hi,
I didn't have any trouble getting my references sorted. I would just remind her. she may have simply forgotten.

I can understand why you are so frustrated though. good luck and i'll send you some k./

Tracey
Thanks Tracey.....Have reminded her a few times....Hopefully she will do it soon
Old Jul 29th 2005, 11:16 pm

Originally Posted by Bordy
Just tell her your agent is putting pressure on you to get it.
No harm in a wee white lie.
Not using an agent Bordy, as I have been told by quite a few, who already have their visas, that I don't really need one (being a nurse)

She knows I'm doing it on my own too

Would've been good idea though.... Thanks anyway
Old Jul 30th 2005, 1:16 am
Forum Regular

bex 66 is just really nicebex 66 is just really nicebex 66 is just really nicebex 66 is just really nicebex 66 is just really nicebex 66 is just really nicebex 66 is just really nicebex 66 is just really nicebex 66 is just really nice

I got references from lots of different people. Practice development nurse, Ward manager and deputy sister,

Why don't you go to the deputy sister or even go to your modern matron, explain that you need references from different people to support your application, then you may even be able to bypass the ward manager or shame her into it. One or the other

Good luck
Old Aug 6th 2005, 9:07 pm

8 days since I first posted this thread and still no reference!

I am really getting annoyed now!

How can somebody be so thoughtless and ignorant to keep someone waiting for this long!

Just Coz she has a sad lonely life...no need to pull everyone else down with her

some people!!

(Glad I got that off my chest- but still really annoyed!)
Old Aug 12th 2005, 10:55 pm

Wooohooo!!!

Got my references at last!

Took 5 weeks!

Can get on with it all now
Old Aug 12th 2005, 10:58 pm
BE Forum Addict

tracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Tiawamutu
Wooohooo!!!

Got my references at last!

Took 5 weeks!

Can get on with it all now
Well done!! Better late than never

Tracey