Sooo fed up!

Old Sep 16th 2010, 12:41 pm
BE Enthusiast

emma75 is a splendid one to beholdemma75 is a splendid one to beholdemma75 is a splendid one to beholdemma75 is a splendid one to beholdemma75 is a splendid one to beholdemma75 is a splendid one to beholdemma75 is a splendid one to beholdemma75 is a splendid one to beholdemma75 is a splendid one to beholdemma75 is a splendid one to beholdemma75 is a splendid one to behold
Default Sooo fed up!

Just had a call from the estate agents to say it would be at least another 2 weeks until we exchange contracts. Have just had to cancel the shipping company for Tuesday and at this rate our stuff wont arrive this side of christmas We are still unable to book flights and OH has been gone almost one month Bloody solicitors need a rocket up their backsides!

Emma x
Old Sep 16th 2010, 2:27 pm
Just Joined

corfu is just really nicecorfu is just really nicecorfu is just really nicecorfu is just really nicecorfu is just really nicecorfu is just really nicecorfu is just really nicecorfu is just really nice
Default Re: Sooo fed up!

Originally Posted by emma75
Just had a call from the estate agents to say it would be at least another 2 weeks until we exchange contracts. Have just had to cancel the shipping company for Tuesday and at this rate our stuff wont arrive this side of christmas We are still unable to book flights and OH has been gone almost one month Bloody solicitors need a rocket up their backsides!

Emma x
Hi Emma

Sorry to here things aren't going to plan, it is like trying to do a jigsaw blindfolded isn't it? Just as you think you've got all the pieces in place someone nicks a piece!!

We are due out in Sydney this December and I haven't done a bloody thing yet. It has taken 2 weeks to get HSBC to just send me a direct debit form.

Estate agents have just put our rental advert in the paper, didn't realise they had even turned up to take the picture and the info doesn't even mention we have a dining room!!

Has your OH got everything set up the other end for when you arrive? At least you won't have the hassle twice over.

Keep plodding on, keep positive and remember it's a big hill to climb but when you get to the top it'll be worth it.

Sorry about the crap cliches, fingers crossed your exchange goes through soon.

Good Luck
Carmella
Old Sep 16th 2010, 3:10 pm
BE Enthusiast

Location: Hampshire - soon to be somewhere between Brissie and Gold Coast!!!
MrsE has much to be proud ofMrsE has much to be proud ofMrsE has much to be proud ofMrsE has much to be proud ofMrsE has much to be proud ofMrsE has much to be proud ofMrsE has much to be proud ofMrsE has much to be proud ofMrsE has much to be proud ofMrsE has much to be proud ofMrsE has much to be proud of

Oh no what a bummer! Can't you just let the shippers take the stuff and make do until you go? At least you would have it in time for Christmas then? Hope things move quickly for you - sending positive Karma your way
Old Sep 16th 2010, 3:15 pm
221b Baker Street

Sherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by emma75

Emma x
You poor old thing. Sorry to hear about that. Should you ever buy and sell here, you should find things are a bit better.

Chin up, it'll happen.
Old Sep 16th 2010, 8:08 pm
BE Forum Addict

Jon77 has a reputation beyond reputeJon77 has a reputation beyond reputeJon77 has a reputation beyond reputeJon77 has a reputation beyond reputeJon77 has a reputation beyond reputeJon77 has a reputation beyond reputeJon77 has a reputation beyond reputeJon77 has a reputation beyond reputeJon77 has a reputation beyond reputeJon77 has a reputation beyond reputeJon77 has a reputation beyond repute

Sorry to hear that Emma, it sounds exactly the same as happened to us. We went two weeks over as I said on the other house selling thread.

I couldn't concentrate at work and the weekends which usually fly by seemed to go on forever as I just wanted to contact the solicitors again on the Monday morning.

In the end I think my solicitor was totally sick of me

We finally gave a VERY risky ultimatum. Either they exchange at the date we give or the house goes back on the market It worked, it seemed to scare lower down the chain enough to get things moving, but wouldn't advise anyone else to do this as it is all or nothing stuff and maybe not the most sensible thing we have done.
Old Sep 16th 2010, 8:29 pm
BE Enthusiast

itxrd is a glorious beacon of lightitxrd is a glorious beacon of lightitxrd is a glorious beacon of lightitxrd is a glorious beacon of lightitxrd is a glorious beacon of lightitxrd is a glorious beacon of lightitxrd is a glorious beacon of lightitxrd is a glorious beacon of lightitxrd is a glorious beacon of lightitxrd is a glorious beacon of lightitxrd is a glorious beacon of light

Must be hard but keep your chin up. You'll look back on this in 5 yrs and smile about it.

p.s really hassle the sols calling them everyday. Should get them moving
Old Sep 16th 2010, 9:07 pm
BE Enthusiast

emma75 is a splendid one to beholdemma75 is a splendid one to beholdemma75 is a splendid one to beholdemma75 is a splendid one to beholdemma75 is a splendid one to beholdemma75 is a splendid one to beholdemma75 is a splendid one to beholdemma75 is a splendid one to beholdemma75 is a splendid one to beholdemma75 is a splendid one to beholdemma75 is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by corfu
Hi Emma

Sorry to here things aren't going to plan, it is like trying to do a jigsaw blindfolded isn't it? Just as you think you've got all the pieces in place someone nicks a piece!!

We are due out in Sydney this December and I haven't done a bloody thing yet. It has taken 2 weeks to get HSBC to just send me a direct debit form.

Estate agents have just put our rental advert in the paper, didn't realise they had even turned up to take the picture and the info doesn't even mention we have a dining room!!

Has your OH got everything set up the other end for when you arrive? At least you won't have the hassle twice over.

Keep plodding on, keep positive and remember it's a big hill to climb but when you get to the top it'll be worth it.

Sorry about the crap cliches, fingers crossed your exchange goes through soon.

Good Luck
Carmella
Thamks. I feel a bit better tonight after a couple of glasses of wine! No OH cant really get things moving that side as i dont work and his money is covering everything this end. Luckily my sister and dad live in Sydney and he is staying with them rent free. Its just the not knowing when we will go. I am here with our two boys, a house that is ready for the shippers and the OH thousands of miles away. I am finding it quite tough, I just want a date! I have worked from morning til night the last week cleaning everything in preparation to go, I feel emotionally wrecked! OH was meant to be looking at properties this weekend but obviously cant commit til we have exchanged.
Dont worry about your move, everything will fall in to place!
Emma

Originally Posted by MrsE
Oh no what a bummer! Can't you just let the shippers take the stuff and make do until you go? At least you would have it in time for Christmas then? Hope things move quickly for you - sending positive Karma your way

Thanks for the karma, No I cant let the shippers in, If it all goes pear shaped, and lets face it that could happen, then i would have to stay until we sell again. Heres hoping for a positive outcome!

[QUOTE=alistairboyle;8853171]You poor old thing. Sorry to hear about that. Should you ever buy and sell here, you should find things are a bit better.

Hey, less of the old! Yes its a crap situation to be in and i am glad to hear that it shouldnt be as complicated if we buy/sell in Australia, It couldnt get any worse! thanks, Emma
Old Sep 16th 2010, 9:16 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Jon77
Sorry to hear that Emma, it sounds exactly the same as happened to us. We went two weeks over as I said on the other house selling thread.

I couldn't concentrate at work and the weekends which usually fly by seemed to go on forever as I just wanted to contact the solicitors again on the Monday morning.

In the end I think my solicitor was totally sick of me

We finally gave a VERY risky ultimatum. Either they exchange at the date we give or the house goes back on the market It worked, it seemed to scare lower down the chain enough to get things moving, but wouldn't advise anyone else to do this as it is all or nothing stuff and maybe not the most sensible thing we have done.
It is so stressful and yes i am stalking the solicitor and the estate agent! When they called this morning to say there would be a delay,my OH came on skype and i burst into tears and explained what i had been told. He was so pissed off and phoned our estate agent to say how unacceptable it was and he too said sort it out, give me an exchange date or i will pull out Its in the estate agents interests to get on the case as he is selling all properties.

I know what you mean about thinking of nothing else, we were meant to exchange Monday (13th) and for the week leading up to it it was all i was thinking about and now to think it is a minimum of another 2 weeks is pants, For me and the boys plus the OH on his own in Oz. I am stuck in limbo

Originally Posted by itxrd
Must be hard but keep your chin up. You'll look back on this in 5 yrs and smile about it.

p.s really hassle the sols calling them everyday. Should get them moving
Thanks, Yes i am call them every single day, 5 times aday! I hope i can look back and laugh, seems a million miles away at the moment
Emma
Old Sep 20th 2010, 3:47 pm
BE Forum Addict

Jon77 has a reputation beyond reputeJon77 has a reputation beyond reputeJon77 has a reputation beyond reputeJon77 has a reputation beyond reputeJon77 has a reputation beyond reputeJon77 has a reputation beyond reputeJon77 has a reputation beyond reputeJon77 has a reputation beyond reputeJon77 has a reputation beyond reputeJon77 has a reputation beyond reputeJon77 has a reputation beyond repute

Was hoping to hear some good news from you today Emma.

Get on to those solicitors and don't let up until they get moving
Old Sep 21st 2010, 12:53 am
JAJ
Retired

JAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond repute

Considering that "offers" in England and Wales are legally meaningless, I wonder why anyone takes their house off the market until contracts are exchanged.
Old Sep 21st 2010, 2:08 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Alfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond repute

Good luck Emma. Really feeling for you all. Hope it all happens soon.
Old Sep 21st 2010, 8:42 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by JAJ
Considering that "offers" in England and Wales are legally meaningless, I wonder why anyone takes their house off the market until contracts are exchanged.
You take your house offf the market as that is the agreement as part of the offer. There is much paper work and survey work that takes time and money between offer and exchange. If someone didn't agree to take their house off the market when an offer was made then the people making the offer would just walk away, simples.
Old Sep 22nd 2010, 4:30 am
JAJ
Retired

JAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jon77
You take your house offf the market as that is the agreement as part of the offer. There is much paper work and survey work that takes time and money between offer and exchange. If someone didn't agree to take their house off the market when an offer was made then the people making the offer would just walk away, simples.
If they really wanted the property then perhaps they would instead make an effort to complete the deal quickly.
Old Sep 22nd 2010, 9:43 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by JAJ
If they really wanted the property then perhaps they would instead make an effort to complete the deal quickly.
Who would make the effort to complete the deal quickly?

House buying / selling isn't a simple case of saying to a solicitor 'look I want a quick sale here'. Everyone wants a quick sale after an offer has been made but is out of the control of the people buying and selling, checks have to be made and everything properly accounted for. Delays often happen, it is a frustrating time.

You have a very simplistic view of house selling / buying, I wish it was like you suggest but never will be.
Old Sep 22nd 2010, 10:00 am
Da bing bing!

JenniGee has a reputation beyond reputeJenniGee has a reputation beyond reputeJenniGee has a reputation beyond reputeJenniGee has a reputation beyond reputeJenniGee has a reputation beyond reputeJenniGee has a reputation beyond reputeJenniGee has a reputation beyond reputeJenniGee has a reputation beyond reputeJenniGee has a reputation beyond reputeJenniGee has a reputation beyond reputeJenniGee has a reputation beyond repute

I have to disagree.... I have bought & sold several properties & have always made it quite clear that the property stays on the market unless the purchaser pays a hefty deposit to show goodwill, or contracts are exchanged....it's a great way to concentrate minds all round, I don't think I've ever gone more than 6 weeks in total from accepting an offer to completing & moving out

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.