Wikiposts

soo frustrated

Old Jul 13th 2004, 4:58 am
part-time Visa Angel!

mlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nice

Originally posted by kala
Thanks again guys, This forum really comesi nto itself when you need a bit of support.

Huge thanks to my angel (michelle) again, I have enrolled on the TEFL course for the end of Aug.

Cheers
Kala

Nice one - let me know how it goes, I'd be interested in hearing. I was thinking of enrolling in a nightclass like photography when I get to OZ, but perhaps we should start of an Expat trend in TEFL, I think Diddy just started a post about this too
Old Jul 13th 2004, 5:17 am
Forum Regular

debio is an unknown quantity at this point

Many thanks too-just read post went on website and will do the course in cardiff at the end of august.Can't wait
Old Jul 13th 2004, 6:04 am
PommieLeague

Ive got a bit of a dilemma (well it isnt really) as Im handing in my notice in my fairly secure job as my flight to Perth is in 40 days.
I have been thinking is this the right thing, cant do with more heartache or hassles anymore (been thru divorce).

Old Jul 13th 2004, 7:07 am
Tupperware's #1 fan

JayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud of

Originally posted by Lathlain
Ive got a bit of a dilemma (well it isnt really) as Im handing in my notice in my fairly secure job as my flight to Perth is in 40 days.
I have been thinking is this the right thing, cant do with more heartache or hassles anymore (been thru divorce).
Ah Lathlain, I'm sure it wil be ok, I cant wait to hand mine in at the moment but i'm sure once I can do it I will feel like you. It's an emotional rollercoaster this moving stuff isn't it

Good LUck
Kala
Old Jul 13th 2004, 7:47 am
part-time Visa Angel!

mlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nice

Originally posted by kala
Ah Lathlain, I'm sure it wil be ok, I cant wait to hand mine in at the moment but i'm sure once I can do it I will feel like you. It's an emotional rollercoaster this moving stuff isn't it

Good LUck
Kala

The day I handed my notice in I was so nervous. I told my team leader and she said need it writing. Despite having it on my desk, I told her I thought I'd left it at home!! Don't ask me why, I have no idea, I think I just wanted to hold onto the fact I have a good job, with people I like, which pays quite well. Anyway, about 5 mins after I'd handed in my official notice the feeling had passed and I was texting my boyf the good news... was like another step closer to being with him again

It'll work out in the end, you'll see. It always does
Old Jul 13th 2004, 9:14 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Kala,
I came to Oz with no money, I still have no money. Had no house to sell, just debts, which I am still paying off from here. As someone already said, the difference between the two countries is that you have a job in the UK. I was lucky and landed a job here quick, even though most of my cash has tio go back to the UK, also hubby was here already, with a job. I know what its like to have to wait, but if by waiting a bit you manage to increase the cash you have at hand, then I would advise you to try.
I knew it would make no difference with me, whenever I came I would be just as broke.
Money isn't everything, but it sure makes a difference, especially when you are trying to build a new life.
Old Jul 13th 2004, 10:00 am
Tupperware's #1 fan

JayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud of

Originally posted by Pollyana
Kala,
I came to Oz with no money, I still have no money. Had no house to sell, just debts, which I am still paying off from here. As someone already said, the difference between the two countries is that you have a job in the UK. I was lucky and landed a job here quick, even though most of my cash has tio go back to the UK, also hubby was here already, with a job. I know what its like to have to wait, but if by waiting a bit you manage to increase the cash you have at hand, then I would advise you to try.
I knew it would make no difference with me, whenever I came I would be just as broke.
Money isn't everything, but it sure makes a difference, especially when you are trying to build a new life.
Thanks Pollyana, I know I should be good and stay as it will give us a lot better chance of buying a house and I do have a good job her that pays and I dont even dislike my life here. I think it is all this being in limbo that is getting to me.

Will try to concentrate on other things and put Australia to the back of my mind. MAybe a few days off this site might help. we'll see how long that lasts eh

Kala (buying a lotto ticket 2moro)
Old Jul 13th 2004, 12:20 pm
High in the Dandenongs

hevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond repute

As you're of to W/A why not use their motto and Wait A While. Our process took 2 years and in that time we paid off debt and reserched, reserched reserched!!!

Its tough overhere witha clean state and no debt, with no money whatso ever it would seem, on some days, insermountable.

Money isn't everything, but without any, you are stuffed, then you will be unhappy

Good luck in whatever you do
Old Jul 13th 2004, 1:07 pm
She's Diddy, He's Not

diddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond repute

Hi,

Hope you are o.k. Can understand your predicament - doing the tefl course would be a good place to start - where are you doing it? I am thinking about London at the moment.

In a way we are in a similar position to you (although not planning to wait so long) We need to earn some extra penny's before we can go

AT the moment I am hoping that so long as we have enough for a few months we will be alright there is always work avaliable - I would rather be working there to save money than here

Anyway stay i n touch Diddy