Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Songs that speak volumes

Wikiposts

Songs that speak volumes

Old Apr 16th 2005, 4:19 am
Forum Regular

Kevhaze is just really niceKevhaze is just really niceKevhaze is just really niceKevhaze is just really niceKevhaze is just really niceKevhaze is just really niceKevhaze is just really niceKevhaze is just really niceKevhaze is just really niceKevhaze is just really niceKevhaze is just really nice
Default Re: Songs that speak volumes

Born To Be Wild....................Steppenwolf

All Along The Watchtower......Jimi Hendrix

Big Log...............................Robert Plant

One...................................U2

Highway To Hell...................ACDC

Old Apr 16th 2005, 4:24 am
sunny coast

jonni boy has a reputation beyond reputejonni boy has a reputation beyond reputejonni boy has a reputation beyond reputejonni boy has a reputation beyond reputejonni boy has a reputation beyond reputejonni boy has a reputation beyond reputejonni boy has a reputation beyond reputejonni boy has a reputation beyond reputejonni boy has a reputation beyond reputejonni boy has a reputation beyond reputejonni boy has a reputation beyond repute

stuck on you by lionel richie....never get sick of hearing it,what a great song,he's done a fair few good songs even though i'm more into limp bizkit or jamiroquai...........jamiroquai's love fool or little L are a couple of top tunes that i never get tired aswell.......variety is the spice of life
Old Apr 16th 2005, 4:37 am
Scottish Aussie ©

Scossie has a reputation beyond reputeScossie has a reputation beyond reputeScossie has a reputation beyond reputeScossie has a reputation beyond reputeScossie has a reputation beyond reputeScossie has a reputation beyond reputeScossie has a reputation beyond reputeScossie has a reputation beyond reputeScossie has a reputation beyond reputeScossie has a reputation beyond reputeScossie has a reputation beyond repute

All I Want For Christmas Is A Dukla Prague Away Kit...
by, Half Man, Half Biscuit.

Several Species Of Small Furry Animals Gathered Together In A Cave And Grooving With A Pict...
by, Pink Floyd.

Last edited by Scossie; Apr 16th 2005 at 4:44 am.
Old Apr 16th 2005, 4:57 am
Banned

mungomidge is on a distinguished road

Skippy The Bush Kangaroo :d
Old Apr 16th 2005, 5:04 am
Forum Regular

kyliecuteass is just really nicekyliecuteass is just really nicekyliecuteass is just really nicekyliecuteass is just really nicekyliecuteass is just really nicekyliecuteass is just really nicekyliecuteass is just really nicekyliecuteass is just really nicekyliecuteass is just really nice

Originally Posted by Bix
Born Free.
Born free......... i know this isn't very funny but i went to a cremation (sp) and as the coffin was going down 'Born free' started playing! (i am smiling now even thou i shouldn't) the cd got stuck and it went.........''born, born, bbbbbborn, bbbbbbbbbbbbborn'' for about two minutes! i kid you not when the music eventually said 'bbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbborn FREE.......'' everyone just started laughing!! Best thing was she was a great old bird who we were sending off and we all knew she would have been laughing as much as us!!!!
Old Apr 16th 2005, 5:07 am
Banned

Fantastic Day :d
Old Apr 16th 2005, 5:21 am
Tupperware's #1 fan

JayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud of

GOLD by Spandau Ballet (oh did I spell that right)

It is an anthem of my mates and I, ah the memories of a drunken night or 20 in Crawley, the only people on tha dance floor (there were about 25 of us) all standing in a big circle jumping up and down to that.

We did it at my leaving do and it is a memory I will keep forever, love my mates sooooooooooooooooooooo much

Kala
Old Apr 16th 2005, 5:33 am
Banned

Talking Re: Songs that speak volumes

Hey Fatty Bum Bum
Old Apr 16th 2005, 6:13 am
Superfreak!!

Stormz is a name known to allStormz is a name known to allStormz is a name known to allStormz is a name known to allStormz is a name known to allStormz is a name known to allStormz is a name known to allStormz is a name known to allStormz is a name known to allStormz is a name known to allStormz is a name known to all

Loads of songs have deeper meanings for people... they are the markers of our lives (ages, events).

Without meaning to sound too biased, alot of my wife`s songs mean alot to me (because I was there and lived them too).

The mp3`s are free... www.mandyleigh.com .

You can read the stories and lurics behind the songs there too. Probably her fave is the one for her dead uncle/godfather... "It`s Not You". It`s what really kicked off her suicidal depression. "Don`t Walk The Line Alone" is about her mums fight with breast cancer. "Grey" is a song I wrote about her depression.

Otherwise, "Bright Eyes" always get`s me (Art Garfunkel). My wife`s is probably Seal`s "Violet". We`re big fans of Seal. We listen to so much different types of music it`s freaky.
Old Apr 16th 2005, 3:53 pm
Cup of tea, Father?

Geordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond repute

Club Foot - Kasabian. In fact, that whole Kasabian album. Only thing that kept me sane on all the flights I had to take to get over here!

GG
Old Apr 16th 2005, 8:10 pm
BE Forum Addict

purple rain has much to be proud ofpurple rain has much to be proud ofpurple rain has much to be proud ofpurple rain has much to be proud ofpurple rain has much to be proud ofpurple rain has much to be proud ofpurple rain has much to be proud ofpurple rain has much to be proud ofpurple rain has much to be proud ofpurple rain has much to be proud ofpurple rain has much to be proud of

Paradise by the dashboard light Meatloaf
Every family do this one comes out (usually when everyone is plastered) played as loudly as poss and we sing and dance like idiots
Old Apr 16th 2005, 8:19 pm
BE Forum Addict

karenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Scossie
All I Want For Christmas Is A Dukla Prague Away Kit...
by, Half Man, Half Biscuit.

Several Species Of Small Furry Animals Gathered Together In A Cave And Grooving With A Pict...
by, Pink Floyd.
I'm all for Fred titmus don't think he is related to Abi
Old Apr 17th 2005, 11:43 am
Account Closed

Hels is an unknown quantity at this point

Everybody Hurts - REM. Actually anything by REM is good by me!!

Am I ever gonna see your face again (No way, get f*@ked, f*@k off!!) - Angels

Anything Cold Chisel or Jimmy Barnes

Anything 80's!!!

Ok, so I am easy when it comes to music!!
Old Apr 17th 2005, 11:58 am
BE Forum Addict

Un-Co has a reputation beyond reputeUn-Co has a reputation beyond reputeUn-Co has a reputation beyond reputeUn-Co has a reputation beyond reputeUn-Co has a reputation beyond reputeUn-Co has a reputation beyond reputeUn-Co has a reputation beyond reputeUn-Co has a reputation beyond reputeUn-Co has a reputation beyond reputeUn-Co has a reputation beyond reputeUn-Co has a reputation beyond repute

Great thread. Off the top of my head...
In introspective moments:
Under the Bridge - Chilli peppers
Losing my Religion - REM
Local Boy in the Photograph - Stereophonics
Poweder Blue - Elbow

And happier times:
You and Me Song - The wannadies
Feeling Good - Nina Simone
Cat Empire - Every song on their first album is just fantastic and makes it imossible not to bound around dancing like a fool.
Old Apr 17th 2005, 1:51 pm
NJJ
BE Forum Addict

NJJ has a reputation beyond reputeNJJ has a reputation beyond reputeNJJ has a reputation beyond reputeNJJ has a reputation beyond reputeNJJ has a reputation beyond reputeNJJ has a reputation beyond reputeNJJ has a reputation beyond reputeNJJ has a reputation beyond reputeNJJ has a reputation beyond reputeNJJ has a reputation beyond reputeNJJ has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by wmoore
How does Bob Marley like his doughnuts?

I'll get me coat

And what ddoes Bob Marley say to his friends who like doughnuts???

TAAAAAAXXXIIIIIIIIIIII!!!!!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.