Songs that speak volumes

Old Apr 15th 2005, 2:16 am
Account Closed

Rooksie is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Songs that speak volumes

Like a Virgin!!!
Old Apr 15th 2005, 2:23 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

JackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond repute

Stupid answer: WHO LET THE DOGS OUT
woof woofWoofWoof WOOF

Cheers,
JTL
Old Apr 15th 2005, 9:32 pm
Dutch expat/Aus citizen

Simone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by JackTheLad
Stupid answer: WHO LET THE DOGS OUT
woof woofWoofWoof WOOF

Cheers,
JTL
lol!

Geez, it was only last night, you can't call that dead!

Save Tonight by Eagle Eye Cherry. I asked Pascal to play it when we first met. Thing is, it's about going apart, but we got together, and haven't been apart more than 3 days since

Can't think of anymore at the moment....
Old Apr 15th 2005, 9:50 pm
Where I want to be

ub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond repute

Goes without saying anything by UB40.

But also We gotta get outa this place - Animals - played for everyone leaving Hong Kong to go home

Down under - Men at work - very big at the time I left home and joined the army!

And many many more through the years
Old Apr 15th 2005, 10:45 pm
BE Enthusiast

tabby is a splendid one to beholdtabby is a splendid one to beholdtabby is a splendid one to beholdtabby is a splendid one to beholdtabby is a splendid one to beholdtabby is a splendid one to beholdtabby is a splendid one to beholdtabby is a splendid one to beholdtabby is a splendid one to beholdtabby is a splendid one to beholdtabby is a splendid one to behold

Don't Know Why - Norah Jones

Running To Stand Still - U2

Don't Give Up - Kate Bush & Someone
Old Apr 15th 2005, 11:26 pm
Keeping Busy

arnie2oz has a reputation beyond reputearnie2oz has a reputation beyond reputearnie2oz has a reputation beyond reputearnie2oz has a reputation beyond reputearnie2oz has a reputation beyond reputearnie2oz has a reputation beyond reputearnie2oz has a reputation beyond reputearnie2oz has a reputation beyond reputearnie2oz has a reputation beyond reputearnie2oz has a reputation beyond reputearnie2oz has a reputation beyond repute

Give Peace a Chance - John Lennon
Requiem-Mozart
Anything from these albums:
Sergeant Pepper - Beatles
Heathen - David Bowie
All Things Must Pass - George Harrison
Imagine - John Lennon

Oh, & Teenage Dirtbag - Wheatus!
& Probably a thousand I can't think of at the moment (including a lot already mentioned)
Old Apr 15th 2005, 11:47 pm
BE Forum Addict

steandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond repute

[QUOTE=gajjitt]Nobody's mentioned Down Under by Men At Work.

Traveling in a fried-out combie
On a hippie trail, head full of zombie
I met a strange lady, she made me nervous
She took me in and gave me breakfast
And she said,

Do you come from a land down under?
Where women glow and men plunder?
Can’t you hear, can’t you hear the thunder?
You better run, you better take cover.

Buying bread from a man in brussels
He was six foot four and full of muscles
I said, do you speak-a my language?
He just smiled and gave me a vegemite sandwich
And he said,

I come from a land down under
Where beer does flow and men chunder

Lying in a den in bombay
With a slack jaw, and not much to say
I said to the man, are you trying to tempt me
Because I come from the land of plenty?
And he said,

Oh! do you come from a land down under? (oh yeah yeah)
Where women glow and men plunder?

Class!! [/QUOTay]

This song makes the hairs on my arms stand on end!!!

Whether it be at home watching " Finding Nemo" (song is on that film) or when I'm driving down the Captain Cook Highway to work and it comes on the radio ( and the drive is SO beautiful, makes me smile everytime I drive down there )...

Quite a crap but funny song really...still, I love it for the feelings it evokes....

Music is all about the feelings it stirs within oneself, the times you spent and the places you were when you heard them...

I love music!!!!
Old Apr 16th 2005, 12:04 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

JackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond repute

This song makes the hairs on my arms stand on end!!!

Whether it be at home watching " Finding Nemo" (song is on that film) or when I'm driving down the Captain Cook Highway to work and it comes on the radio ( and the drive is SO beautiful, makes me smile everytime I drive down there )...

Quite a crap but funny song really...still, I love it for the feelings it evokes....

Music is all about the feelings it stirs within oneself, the times you spent and the places you were when you heard them...

I love music!!!!

I just downloaded the song again to see if it made the hairs on my arms stand on end. I had the LP record when I was about 14 or something.

It didn't make my hairs stand on end, but it did make me start reminiscing about being 14 again .

Oh and when I was at Uni, I went to a one man show with Colin Hey (lead singer). He just sat on stage with a guitar and told jokes and did bursts of songs. It was great. And of course the finale was he sang the first line of Land Down under, and then just strummed it on the guitar as the entire audience sang it for him!

Ahh happy days

I'm trying to find the rest of the tracks from the album now! (All legal of course cos I have the LP, just no record player)

Cheers,
JTL
Old Apr 16th 2005, 12:13 am
BE Forum Addict

steandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond repute

I just downloaded the song again to see if it made the hairs on my arms stand on end. I had the LP record when I was about 14 or something.

It didn't make my hairs stand on end, but it did make me start reminiscing about being 14 again .

Oh and when I was at Uni, I went to a one man show with Colin Hey (lead singer). He just sat on stage with a guitar and told jokes and did bursts of songs. It was great. And of course the finale was he sang the first line of Land Down under, and then just strummed it on the guitar as the entire audience sang it for him!

Ahh happy days

I'm trying to find the rest of the tracks from the album now! (All legal of course cos I have the LP, just no record player)

Cheers,
JTL
Isn't it strange how music reminds you of a certain time in your life or a place you were when it means the most, yet that song evokes no distant memories for me, just makes me think of Australia and everything it's great for.....

Plus, I like anything with a strange and silly angle, anyway!!!!
Old Apr 16th 2005, 2:49 am
Merlot

Woman by John Lennon as everytime it comes on the TV/radio/CD my hubby said if he could write music, this would have been the song he would have written from me . . . awwww!

Something - George Harrison, goose pimpley song

Too many others to list.

M

Old Apr 16th 2005, 2:54 am
What's happening dudes?

wmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by gajjitt
Jammin - Bob Marley and the Wailers
How does Bob Marley like his doughnuts?

I'll get me coat
Old Apr 16th 2005, 2:56 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by wmoore

I'll get me coat
I'd give you Karma except, ehhhmmmm Terrible joke

Cheers,
JTL
Old Apr 16th 2005, 2:57 am
Merlot

Originally Posted by wmoore

I'll get me coat
I'd back a suitcase and don't come back for that one

Old Apr 16th 2005, 2:57 am
What's happening dudes?

wmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond repute

I'd give you Karma except, ehhhmmmm Terrible joke

Cheers,
JTL
You know when something is so wrong but you just can't help yourself? There was an inner struggle as I reached for the keyboard there.
Old Apr 16th 2005, 3:00 am
Merlot

How about the song that gets you moving on the dance floor at family weddings, you know the old Peter Kay Y.M.C.A. one.

I always make a complete t*t of myself dancing to Wham, Wake me up Before You GOGO.

M

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.