British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Australia (https://britishexpats.com/forum/australia-54/)
-   -   songs related to your name (https://britishexpats.com/forum/australia-54/songs-related-your-name-179011/)

arlene Sep 17th 2003 8:24 pm

songs related to your name

well here is something that i thought of earlier as i was listening to a song

people relate my name to songs such as Jolene jolene, come on eileen, u picked a hard time to leave jolene (again) any other suggestions for your own name

arlene of country and western fame;) ;) ;)

WBB Sep 17th 2003 8:28 pm

billy dont be a hero

i get that one regularly, not that i mind but it does become somewhat tedious after a while.

sally1968 Sep 17th 2003 8:59 pm

Re: songs related to your name

Originally posted by arlene

people relate my name to songs such as Jolene jolene, come on eileen, u picked a hard time to leave jolene (again) any other suggestions for your own name

I often have people sing "Sally, Sally pride of our alley"!!!:D

Please, someone write a better one!!!:)

Sally (pride of Adelaide soon!!!!:D )

arlene Sep 17th 2003 9:08 pm

Originally posted by welshboybilly
billy dont be a hero

i get that one regularly, not that i mind but it does become somewhat tedious after a while.

one of des's fav songs

arlene

Mandyisere Sep 17th 2003 9:30 pm

What i always get is "Oh Mandy, you came and you gave without taking" And people expaect me to laugh as though they're the first.

Mandy

bondipom Sep 17th 2003 10:22 pm

There was a band called the bondi cigars in honour of the fine sewer system.

dracupg Sep 17th 2003 10:31 pm

Unfortunately, a young scallywag by the name of Jilted John came up with a song that still haunts me to this day, and I am not prepared to mention the title!
:)

jockney Sep 17th 2003 10:38 pm

Originally posted by Mandyisere
What i always get is "Oh Mandy, you came and you gave without taking" And people expaect me to laugh as though they're the first.

Mandy
I`m mandy fly me by 10cc sadly about drugs I THINK
:rolleyes:

jockney Sep 17th 2003 10:43 pm

Originally posted by dracupg
Unfortunately, a young scallywag by the name of Jilted John came up with a song that still haunts me to this day, and I am not prepared to mention the title!
:)
My mate in bahrain still sings this to his little daughters and they laugh at the line"Gordon is a Moron"However dont be downhearted about this as apparently you are"Cool and Trendy"
:D

april Sep 18th 2003 5:45 am

Re: songs related to your name

Originally posted by arlene

When April showers brings May flowers...........I know I'm all wet
:mad:

wombat Sep 18th 2003 6:19 am

I was named after the song 'Lucy in the sky with diamonds':)

nell m Sep 18th 2003 6:47 am

My real name is Eileen and still to this day (21 years later) about 50% of the people I meet sing the song, or ask me if Ihave a red dress, even on my trip to NZ! aarrgghh!!

ywoods Sep 18th 2003 7:01 am

Apparently the Beatles did a song called Yvonne, but I have not heard about it... think it is about a girl called Yvonne that maybe one of them were dating and she died lol Ah well it comes to us all soon (not meant in bad taste Whiskey x)

Yvonne :D

joh117 Sep 18th 2003 7:47 am

"Give me hope joanna!"

Jo

ohsohopeful Sep 18th 2003 8:29 am

My older sister bought me this single when I was very young and I treasured it for ages, but have no idea where it is now. Oh well,

"Clare, the moment I met you I swear..."

I heard it on Top of the Pops 2 the other week, it was really wierd to hear it again.