Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Somewhere to stay in Brisbane

Somewhere to stay in Brisbane

Old May 17th 2005, 8:51 am
Loving it in Bundy

teach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of light
Talking Somewhere to stay in Brisbane

Hi all you lovely peeps,
I was hoping that you could give me some info on places to stay when we first arrive in Brisbane. We have lovely friends who have offered to put us up for as long as we need but Andrew is an independent stubborn old goat and wants to go it alone.
Any help much appreciated, will show my gratitude with some lovely karma.
Sarah
Old May 17th 2005, 9:22 am
ABCDiamond

Default Re: Somewhere to stay in Brisbane

If its furnished accommodation you are after, have a look at http://www.abcdiamond.com.au/info_accommodation.htm
I have a few places listed there.

But, any idea what part of Brisbane ?

Short term Furnished is normally about twice the price of an unfurnished property, which are normally for minimum 6 month lets.

Old May 17th 2005, 9:36 am
Loving it in Bundy

teach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of light
Talking Re: Somewhere to stay in Brisbane

Originally Posted by ABCDiamond
If its furnished accommodation you are after, have a look at http://www.abcdiamond.com.au/info_accommodation.htm
I have a few places listed there.

But, any idea what part of Brisbane ?

Short term Furnished is normally about twice the price of an unfurnished property, which are normally for minimum 6 month lets.
Hi ABC,
Thanks for that info. What part of Brisbane? Yes, I guess that would be a good place to start - forgive me I'm blonde, lol and have millions of things running through my head at the moment. We are looking at North Brisbane.
Andrew wants us to rent a caravan on a trailer park but I'm not so sure. I think I would rather a solid building to start with.
Sarah
Old May 17th 2005, 10:40 am
In Brisbane at last!!!

shecha is a jewel in the roughshecha is a jewel in the roughshecha is a jewel in the roughshecha is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by teach
Hi ABC,
Thanks for that info. What part of Brisbane? Yes, I guess that would be a good place to start - forgive me I'm blonde, lol and have millions of things running through my head at the moment. We are looking at North Brisbane.
Andrew wants us to rent a caravan on a trailer park but I'm not so sure. I think I would rather a solid building to start with.
Sarah

Hi Sarah,

What sort of distance from the City are you looking at???? I've seen quite a few caravan parks and they look really nice. They would be fine to start off with. Unless of course anyone has had some bad experience???

Don't forget that I can check them out for you.

Speak to ya soon

Love

Shell
xxxxxxxx
Old May 17th 2005, 12:46 pm
Loving it in Bundy

Originally Posted by shecha
Hi Sarah,

What sort of distance from the City are you looking at???? I've seen quite a few caravan parks and they look really nice. They would be fine to start off with. Unless of course anyone has had some bad experience???

Don't forget that I can check them out for you.

Speak to ya soon

Love

Shell
xxxxxxxx
Cheers Shell,
You might end up doing a lot of things for us if you aren't careful, lol. Can't get any sense out of the lad at the moment. I think it has finally dawned on him that we will actually be leaving soon. He has spent the last 2 days in the shed sorting all his tools out. Shed is now amazingly empty as is my window seat. I finally get to use it for storage and I have nothing left to go in there, pmsl.
Hugs
Sarah
Old May 17th 2005, 12:51 pm
BE Enthusiast

Atticus will become famous soon enough

Hi

We arrive in Brisbane in June and have booked a 1 bedroom serviced apartment as we are staying for a month - couldnt tell you if it was north, west etc etc but it is very central. We thought it would be handy for organising things and familiarising ourselves with the area.

www.kangaroopoint.com

regards

atticus
Old May 17th 2005, 12:54 pm
BE Forum Addict

Sue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond repute

Hiya Sarah

We`ve booked up for a 5 week stay on the Gold Coast [email protected] e.mail Barbara and she`ll send you some info, I`ll try to find the link for her places...will post in a mo.

Sue...still not exchanged moving date is 27th...hope alls well
Old May 17th 2005, 12:55 pm
Loving it in Bundy

Originally Posted by Atticus
Hi

We arrive in Brisbane in June and have booked a 1 bedroom serviced apartment as we are staying for a month - couldnt tell you if it was north, west etc etc but it is very central. We thought it would be handy for organising things and familiarising ourselves with the area.

www.kangaroopoint.com

regards

atticus
Hi atticus,
Many thanks.
Looks fab, need to owe you some karma as I'm spent out.
Sarah
Old May 17th 2005, 1:02 pm
BE Enthusiast

Atticus will become famous soon enough

No probs Sarah - other thing to point out is if you stay for approx 1 month or more (even 1 day more) you get a reduced rate - I think if I remember correctly, we have to pay $385 per week which is cheaper than most places I researched.

regards

atticus
Old May 17th 2005, 1:04 pm
BE Forum Addict

Sue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond repute

Here you go...www.goldcoastregion.com scroll down to map and click on Main beach then on Scalinada
Old May 17th 2005, 1:07 pm
Loving it in Bundy

Originally Posted by Atticus
No probs Sarah - other thing to point out is if you stay for approx 1 month or more (even 1 day more) you get a reduced rate - I think if I remember correctly, we have to pay $385 per week which is cheaper than most places I researched.

regards

atticus
That's a great rate, will definitely get Andrew to ahve a look.
Sarah
Old May 17th 2005, 1:09 pm
Loving it in Bundy

Originally Posted by Sue2
Here you go...www.goldcoastregion.com scroll down to map and click on Main beach then on Scalinada
Hi Sue,
Flippin' 'eck what are they doing? You should have exchange a while back now, tell them you are waiting to leave the country, lol.
I'll have a butchers at the link you have provided. It's a bit hard really trying to sort anything out without a exchnage date. Can't even hand in my notice at work. Good luck with the next stages of your journey. Keep in touch.
Sarah
Old May 17th 2005, 1:17 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by teach
Hi Sue,
Flippin' 'eck what are they doing? You should have exchange a while back now, tell them you are waiting to leave the country, lol.
I'll have a butchers at the link you have provided. It's a bit hard really trying to sort anything out without a exchnage date. Can't even hand in my notice at work. Good luck with the next stages of your journey. Keep in touch.
Sarah

I know strange thing is I feel very chilled

They look really nice those appartments and was recommended

All the best, will be off line next week so will speak soon

Sue x
Old May 17th 2005, 5:37 pm
Loving it in Bundy

Originally Posted by Sue2
I know strange thing is I feel very chilled

They look really nice those appartments and was recommended

All the best, will be off line next week so will speak soon

Sue x
Take care chick, good luck.
Hugs
Sarah
Old May 17th 2005, 6:08 pm

lynnlovessun is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Sarah, we have booked these as a few forum memebers have recommended them and I think they look lovely and very central/ handy too:

http://www.seqrents.com.au/manhattannew/

We have a river view apartment booked, i'm so excited!!!!

Lynn x

Also have a look at www.brisbanebound.com. - I have spoken with Rob a few times via e-mail and he is lovely and extremely helpful - we just decided we didn't need a 3 bedroom furnished house for just the 2 of us at 1st - but again several people recommended them to me - the houses are meant to be lovely!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.