Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Sometimes it all makes sense!!

Sometimes it all makes sense!!

Old Sep 15th 2004, 12:42 pm
Badge

Default Sometimes it all makes sense!!

My wife is overseas getting her family ready for our 2nd wedding. This will be the big one - I'm getting married in uniform and she'll have a big bash. All I have to do is turn up..then we will have a 4 week break OS.

She called me from the US enroute where she is staying with her sister. She said "Mike, I really love Australia. The people are so much nicer than here." It's the first time I have heard her say it with that particular tone.

Now, Mrs B wants to be here, but she tells of missing London - that is not to say she actually wants to go back but of course, she naturally misses a few things. I guess her trip has made her realise that Australia is pretty amazing after all...

BM

Old Sep 15th 2004, 12:54 pm

lucyb is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Sometimes it all makes sense!!

Originally Posted by Badge
My wife is overseas getting her family ready for our 2nd wedding. This will be the big one - I'm getting married in uniform and she'll have a big bash. All I have to do is turn up..then we will have a 4 week break OS.

She called me from the US enroute where she is staying with her sister. She said "Mike, I really love Australia. The people are so much nicer than here." It's the first time I have heard her say it with that particular tone.

Now, Mrs B wants to be here, but she tells of missing London - that is not to say she actually wants to go back but of course, she naturally misses a few things. I guess her trip has made her realise that Australia is pretty amazing after all...

BM

aaaawwww...aint love grand?
Old Sep 15th 2004, 11:17 pm
Account Closed

tonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond repute

BM
Yep, that sort of thing does kind of put the Aus experience into perspective!
Old Sep 16th 2004, 4:57 am
Phoenixuk2oz

BM
Enjoy your 2nd wedding with your number 1 lady Badge

I guess wherever you are in the world....you'd be a contented sort of guy.

Enjoy the wedding ......and be happy the both of you

Old Sep 16th 2004, 5:10 am
Karma Comedian

jayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond repute

My wife is overseas getting her family ready for our 2nd wedding. This will be the big one - I'm getting married in uniform and she'll have a big bash.

Yo're going to look a bit odd getting married in your part-time firies uniform...
Old Sep 16th 2004, 5:13 am
Phoenixuk2oz

Originally Posted by jayr
Yo're going to look a bit odd getting married in your part-time firies uniform...
Just needs to make sure he looks after the hose

Old Sep 16th 2004, 6:20 am
BE Enthusiast

chocaholic has a spectacular aura aboutchocaholic has a spectacular aura aboutchocaholic has a spectacular aura about

Congratulation on your second wedding.

Men always look great in uniform at weddings (well except postman pat etc) -I mean Army, Air Force, Navy

I'm sure Mrs Badge will be impressed
Old Sep 16th 2004, 7:13 am
BE Forum Addict

tinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud of

Hope the wedding goes well Badge, just send me a few piccies this time!

They say sometimes going back makes you realise how good things are here.
Old Sep 16th 2004, 7:59 am
Badge

Originally Posted by jayr

yeah its got holes in it.

I've been given permission to drag out the old dress blues..just got a new pair flown in...should fit - my old man took an older set from 13 years ago but I am still the same waist so should be OK..?!