Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Something for the Weekend

Something for the Weekend

Old Apr 11th 2003, 5:45 am
Karma Comedian

jayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond repute
Default Something for the Weekend

Anyone doing anything interesting this weekend (I'm looking for inspiration really) - aside from the normal midnight BBQ on the beach of course.
Old Apr 11th 2003, 6:08 am
Y Ddraig Goch

Location: Body is in Brissie. Heart and soul has long flown home.
Ceri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to all
Default Re: Something for the Weekend

Originally posted by jayr
Anyone doing anything interesting this weekend (I'm looking for inspiration really) - aside from the normal midnight BBQ on the beach of course.
http://www.you.com.au/market-brisbane.html - if you like that sort of thing. Caboolture one is a big un. I managed to buy potatoes last week at 50c a kilo! (1.99 in coles) - cucumbers (3 for a $1) - (coles almost $3) - oh the excitement

Nothing really exciting this weekend for me, pub tonight (must get my thongs on - lol, just joking) and fishing - take a drive through coochin creek way - if you haven't been there yet.

Cheers
Old Apr 11th 2003, 6:17 am
Karma Comedian

jayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond repute

Ceri

Thanks for that, I was thinking about going to the markets, they hold a big one on Sundays opposite Brisbane Markets, Oxley way. Didn't realise fruit and veg was so much much cheaper, also can't believe I paid $3 recently for an Iceberg lettuce. I remember in the UK these varied from 42p to about a pound, depending on the weather and supply I guess, but here always $3.
Old Apr 11th 2003, 7:05 am
Y Ddraig Goch

Location: Body is in Brissie. Heart and soul has long flown home.
Ceri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to all

Ceri

Thanks for that, I was thinking about going to the markets, they hold a big one on Sundays opposite Brisbane Markets, Oxley way. Didn't realise fruit and veg was so much much cheaper, also can't believe I paid $3 recently for an Iceberg lettuce. I remember in the UK these varied from 42p to about a pound, depending on the weather and supply I guess, but here always $3.
A tip - if your going to buy your vegies at the markets, buy them before closing time, at the end of the market. The cucumbers I bought were originally $1 for one (my local Coles sells them for around $2.85), but I paid $1 for 3 at the end of the day, potatoes were small ones but 50 c a kilo - who's complaing at that price. . But neverless the vegies in the Sunday markets are a lot cheaper than Coles or Woolworths - the lettuces used to be around $1.50 in Coles - but for some reason they have gone up to almost $3 now - they went up during the drought, and they haven't come back down, I find the supermarkets are ripping people off big time.
Old Apr 11th 2003, 7:13 am
BE Enthusiast

Mandy Bale will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Something for the Weekend

taking daughter to her horse riding lesson Saturday morning then making easter cards with the kids for the family back in England, bit late I know but this is the first free afternoon we have to do them! Saturday night we are going to see Mamma Mia in Sydney with some friends. Sunday, not sure yet, probably go and doss in the park or go for a drive or something.

Mandy