Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Something Silly- What r u doing?

Something Silly- What r u doing?

Old Nov 4th 2002, 6:48 pm
BE Forum Addict

footie chick is an unknown quantity at this point
Default what will i miss !!

Well i will miss footie on telly,but i will be happy to rely on the net and snippets sent over from family friends.

Food well curry will be missed,chiense most people can cook but thanks for previous tip i will be looking for the curry tip.

On one hand i am looking forward to trying new things but on the other hand there are certain products i use such as persil,lenor and oil of ulay, so i will pack out my container out with these.

Tv programmes i will miss cooker programmes and the excellant silent witness & waking the dead amongst others. But i want to be outdoors more so i can do without the telly.

Sad really but i am sure people will adjust,not sure about the choccie issue though i am a sucker for GALAXY it is my fav.

footie chick
Old Nov 4th 2002, 8:57 pm
Forum Regular

colind is an unknown quantity at this point

footie chick, if you mean proper footie (or what the Aussies call soccer!) there's plenty of it. SBS run a live game every Sat afternoon (obviously it's v early Sunday morning here but they do a rerun of the whole game on Sun arvo). SBS is free to air. Also Fox Sports run a different live game at the same time, and also take all of the Sky Sports Premiership live games. You can also get Champions League live.

Dotty, I have been to Hathi and I second your recommendation!

Colin
Old Nov 4th 2002, 10:58 pm
saoirse

Call me AL has a reputation beyond reputeCall me AL has a reputation beyond reputeCall me AL has a reputation beyond reputeCall me AL has a reputation beyond reputeCall me AL has a reputation beyond reputeCall me AL has a reputation beyond reputeCall me AL has a reputation beyond reputeCall me AL has a reputation beyond reputeCall me AL has a reputation beyond reputeCall me AL has a reputation beyond reputeCall me AL has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: what will i miss !!

Originally posted by footie chick
Well i will miss footie on telly,but i will be happy to rely on the net and snippets sent over from family friends.

Food well curry will be missed,chiense most people can cook but thanks for previous tip i will be looking for the curry tip.

On one hand i am looking forward to trying new things but on the other hand there are certain products i use such as persil,lenor and oil of ulay, so i will pack out my container out with these.

Tv programmes i will miss cooker programmes and the excellant silent witness & waking the dead amongst others. But i want to be outdoors more so i can do without the telly.

Sad really but i am sure people will adjust,not sure about the choccie issue though i am a sucker for GALAXY it is my fav.

footie chick
Footie chick,
There's plenty of games on TV each weekend, probably more than UK tv and they are on at better time, usually Sat or Sun 10 - 11pm. This makes for a great night in with friends, as long as your team is in the premiership, very rare to see 1st div.
Call me Al
Old Nov 4th 2002, 11:04 pm
Forum Regular

Great time for you in Perth, call me al...not so clever in Sydney Saturday games are now at 2am Sunday morning. Evening kick-offs are a bit better. In the winter, it's tough getting up at 5am to watch, but 7am is a little more manageable!!
Old Nov 4th 2002, 11:17 pm
saoirse

Call me AL has a reputation beyond reputeCall me AL has a reputation beyond reputeCall me AL has a reputation beyond reputeCall me AL has a reputation beyond reputeCall me AL has a reputation beyond reputeCall me AL has a reputation beyond reputeCall me AL has a reputation beyond reputeCall me AL has a reputation beyond reputeCall me AL has a reputation beyond reputeCall me AL has a reputation beyond reputeCall me AL has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by colin
Great time for you in Perth, call me al...not so clever in Sydney Saturday games are now at 2am Sunday morning. Evening kick-offs are a bit better. In the winter, it's tough getting up at 5am to watch, but 7am is a little more manageable!!
Colin,
Surely the availability of footie on TV was the main deciding factor as to where to live in OZ!!! Never mind, it proves how dedicated a fan you are.
Call me AL
Old Nov 5th 2002, 12:02 am
Forum Regular

Yep, totally messed that one up!!!
Old Nov 5th 2002, 4:55 pm
BE Enthusiast

jeannie has a brilliant futurejeannie has a brilliant futurejeannie has a brilliant futurejeannie has a brilliant futurejeannie has a brilliant futurejeannie has a brilliant future

Originally posted by tinaj
She probably forgot to tell you that it rains for 3/4 of the year.
Sitting in a cottage watching the rain and sleet is not much fun!
I guess living in Canada you can relate to that !!
Not me I dont live in Vancouver I live 300 miles from there, had no rain for months it's cool and sunny ( need my long johns on "ha").
Old Nov 6th 2002, 3:22 pm
Forum Regular

MARTINIUS is an unknown quantity at this point

I really missed cider when I was living in Perth and Sydney, I could not find it anywhere. For all you lot worried about your favourite food when you are over there try http://www.expatshopping.com. On the plus side you've got all those Aussie taste experiences to come - do they still sell those gorgeous biscuits called Pixies - I have never found a biscuit to match them - biscuit with a toffe topping covered in rice crispies and the covered all over in chocolate - heaven!!