British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Australia (https://britishexpats.com/forum/australia-54/)
-   -   Someone Please Help me...!! Mr. Lombard are u there..?? (https://britishexpats.com/forum/australia-54/someone-please-help-me-mr-lombard-u-there-105812/)

amitavas Nov 23rd 2001 11:53 am

Hi All & especially Mr. Lombard...

I am a new member of this forum but have been seeing you all since quite some time and really enjoy the and get encouraged by your discussions and suggestions. I'm sure someone can help me. I'm applying for Immigration to Australia under Skilled Independent Category.

I'm a Commerce Graduate (3 Yrs. Honors with Major in Accounting) from India. However I'm working in IT for the last 46 months...i.e. nearly 4 yrs. (Oracle all through and recently Java, JSP and JavaScript). My current employment is for the last 2 yrs 7 mnths (April 99-Till date). The previous one was for 1 yr 3 months (Jan 98-March 99). All are full time. I have managed Employer reference for the current job since April 99....No problem with that.

But my problem is RPL requires employer references....and my previous employer has been sold off...and the company name changed. So I cannot manage any reference. Adding to that, for the previous employment I have only 7 months of document as an appointment letter and release letter (Sept 98-March 99). During the prior 8 months (Jan 98-Aug 98) I was a full-time Trainee without appointment i.e. without paper...!!

Now folks...given all the info above...could anyone please give me a ballpark idea about my likelihood of passing through the ACS RPL Process and MODL (since Oracle is listed)?

I have nominated ASCO:2231-17 (Applications and Analyst Programmer)

I wish to send my RPL application ASAP.

Thanks in advance to you all...Ams

sohail_rao Nov 23rd 2001 11:57 am

Hi amitavas,

The name of my old company was also changed. I got the letter on the company's new letter head and there were no problems. I just mentioned new name of the company in parenthesis in my CV. I applied for Skill assessment and not RPL. But I believe it should not matter.

hope this helps.

amitavas Nov 23rd 2001 12:10 pm

Thanks a lot Sohail...

Thanks a lot Sohail...

I wish I could get the way you did...Problem is the company got sold after I left and there is no one left who knew me. Completely new name, new people...new office. I don't see a chance of getting a reference from the current holders.

Hope to hear more.....ams

Guy Fawkes Nov 23rd 2001 3:15 pm

Hi

I'm also a commerce graduate (major in accounting), I've been in IT for a bit longer
- 15 years (ish), also Oracle although a different skillset otherwise. I did however
have some IT as part of my degree and got the skills assessment although I prepared
for RPL as well.

I'm a contractor & many of the companies I work for have a policy of not giving
references to contractors. I got references from Project Managers & other people on
projects to certify that I was there & did what I said I did.

I got the ASCO-2231 and the MODL. By the way, one of the things I did with the MODL
was to send in book store vouchers. I have a library of 50+ computer books and this
must represent an ongoing learning process
- which is what RPL is all about. This theory wasn't tested but who knows.

My genuine advice to you is to get this done through a pro. I used Glenn Newton via
George Lombard & they were superb & not as expensive as you might think.

Regards...

On 23 Nov 2001 08:00:06 -0500, amitavas <[email protected]> wrote:

>
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >