Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

somebody please talk to me about house prices

somebody please talk to me about house prices

Old Oct 13th 2005, 8:24 pm
BE Enthusiast

lynnbrooks is a name known to alllynnbrooks is a name known to alllynnbrooks is a name known to alllynnbrooks is a name known to alllynnbrooks is a name known to alllynnbrooks is a name known to alllynnbrooks is a name known to alllynnbrooks is a name known to alllynnbrooks is a name known to alllynnbrooks is a name known to alllynnbrooks is a name known to all
Default somebody please talk to me about house prices

Am i worrying too much?....
Seems to me looking at the rising prices of houses in oz,that by the time we get there next year(perth),we have to live 30 miles inland to afford a house!
Lynn

Last edited by lynnbrooks; Oct 13th 2005 at 8:38 pm. Reason: delete
Old Oct 16th 2005, 9:59 am
BE Enthusiast

wongstonn is just really nicewongstonn is just really nicewongstonn is just really nicewongstonn is just really nicewongstonn is just really nicewongstonn is just really nicewongstonn is just really nicewongstonn is just really nice
Default Re: somebody please talk to me about house prices

Originally Posted by lynnbrooks
Am i worrying too much?....
Seems to me looking at the rising prices of houses in oz,that by the time we get there next year(perth),we have to live 30 miles inland to afford a house!
Lynn
It isn't just the UK that had the housing boom. Same issues, same old chat about house prices, different country.
Old Oct 16th 2005, 10:49 am
Proudly Deplorable

Amazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond repute

I've been looking at houses in Perth this weekend & prices are rising. WA is in the middle of a resources led boom fuelled by demand from China. There are a lot of people earning good money here. There is an article in today's paper saying that it is taking 2 years to build a house because of the shortage of labour :scared: . I work for a company involved in mining & they are expecting the boom to go on for another 3-5 years at least. House prices cannot keep going up forever, but how far from the peak it is at the moment is hard to say. I don't know enough about the market yet to try & predict this.

BTW, I looked at a house in Wembley Downs today that was absolutely fantastic, only problem is it's AUD1.14million!
Old Oct 16th 2005, 12:08 pm
SharonC

sharon_gareth is an unknown quantity at this point

True prices are on the increase and have been since before we arrived in Oct 2003. Having said that you can still get a lot of home for your money compared to the UK. If you want to live in a coastal suburb thats close to the City then yes you will pay big $$$ but if you are prepared to live say 10Km in from the Ocean and about 20Km out from Perth City Centre you can still find property under $300,000 (Even under $225 if you look in some of the not so desirable suburbs). Check out http://www.reiwa.com.au for house prices and trends.

If you want to get an idea about suburbs then I am slowly building up a profile of each suburb with pictures on www.immigrateperth.com Only Northern Suburbs at the mo but I will eventually cover them all.

There is always the option to buy or build now subject to approval by the foreign investment review board, (details on the reiwa site) but you will need to do your research first to be sure you are buying in an area you want to settle and paying a fair price. With so many people building at the mo you may even find a property for sale in which the owners want to rent back while their new place is being built.

Just something to think about

Sharon
www.immigrateperth.com