Somebody please make a decision and let me know

Somebody please make a decision and let me know

Old Feb 17th 2010, 9:06 am
Forum Regular

wooah will become famous soon enough
Question Somebody please make a decision and let me know

Australia? or New Zealand?
New Zealand? or Australia?

If someone could please decide and let me know then that would make my life easier.

And if anyone says Canada I won't be happy.
Old Feb 17th 2010, 9:13 am
Sam
here and staying

Sam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Somebody please make a decision and let me know

Originally Posted by administrator

If someone could please decide and let me know then that would make my life easier.

i say.....

piss off to New Zealand
Old Feb 17th 2010, 9:28 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Sam
i say.....

piss off to New Zealand
That was easy. Deal done. Cheers.
Old Feb 17th 2010, 10:35 am
Proudly Deplorable

Amazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by administrator

Australia is a 1st world country, NZ is a borderline 3rd world country.
We have a great economy, they don't.
We have fantastic opportunities, they don't.
Etc

One of the biggest advantages of not living in NZ is that your kids won't grow up with that wanker/retarded kiwi accent.
Old Feb 17th 2010, 2:13 pm
Forum Regular

lynetteh is just really nicelynetteh is just really nicelynetteh is just really nicelynetteh is just really nicelynetteh is just really nicelynetteh is just really nicelynetteh is just really nicelynetteh is just really nice

The weather is substantially colder in NZ which was a big factor for me.

Secondly NZ has a much smaller economy so depending on what you do for a living this may affect your career prospects.
Old Feb 17th 2010, 4:36 pm
Just Joined

Nickimas is an unknown quantity at this point

I know years ago it as easier for someone from New Zealand to move to Australia than it was if you were emigrating from the UK for example. Is this still the case or has that all changed?

Nicki
Old Feb 17th 2010, 4:45 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Alfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Nickimas
I know years ago it as easier for someone from New Zealand to move to Australia than it was if you were emigrating from the UK for example. Is this still the case or has that all changed?

Nicki
Kiwis can live and work in Oz and vice versa.

If you get Oz citizenship you are free to work in NZ and vice versa and also if you have a PR for either country.

Lots of Kiwis move to Oz to live and work.
Old Feb 17th 2010, 4:54 pm
Just Joined

Nickimas is an unknown quantity at this point

So you could move to New Zealand and easily move to Oz later in life (unless the rules changed).

Nicki
Old Feb 17th 2010, 5:00 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Alfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Nickimas
So you could move to New Zealand and easily move to Oz later in life (unless the rules changed).

Nicki

You could move to NZ and get citizenship, then you can live and work or retire in either country.
Old Feb 17th 2010, 5:25 pm
---

bourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Alfresco
Kiwis can live and work in Oz and vice versa.

If you get Oz citizenship you are free to work in NZ and vice versa and also if you have a PR for either country.
Lots of Kiwis move to Oz to live and work.
Not quite- Oz PR affords you living and working rights in NZ but NZ PR doesn't get you living and working rights in Oz

I prefer the Kiwi accent- less of a drawl
Old Feb 17th 2010, 5:32 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by bourbon-biscuit
Not quite- Oz PR affords you living and working rights in NZ but NZ PR doesn't get you living and working rights in Oz

I prefer the Kiwi accent- less of a drawl

Ok that's interesting and good to know, thanks.

Oz being stingy and clamping down again.
Old Feb 17th 2010, 5:35 pm
---

bourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond repute

PS you should post this in the NZ forum too for a different perspective
Old Feb 17th 2010, 6:03 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by bourbon-biscuit
PS you should post this in the NZ forum too for a different perspective
Good idea. Would be interesting to see what "the other side" think ;-)

So let me get this straight. My wife is Australian so I qualify (hopefully) for a partner visa (possibly temp possibly permanent). If I get an Oz partner visa I can fly to Australia to validate it and then fly straight to NZ to live and work if that is what we wanted. Is that right?

What I am trying to avoid is to have to go through the hassle of the NZ skilled migration programme if I don't have to.
Old Feb 17th 2010, 6:38 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by wooah
Good idea. Would be interesting to see what "the other side" think ;-)

So let me get this straight. My wife is Australian so I qualify (hopefully) for a partner visa (possibly temp possibly permanent). If I get an Oz partner visa I can fly to Australia to validate it and then fly straight to NZ to live and work if that is what we wanted. Is that right?

What I am trying to avoid is to have to go through the hassle of the NZ skilled migration programme if I don't have to.

Well yes, if your wife is Ozzie, you can get an Oz spouse visa and work in NZ.

If you want to then get Oz citizenship at some point (a passport), you won't meet the citizenship test requirements if you haven't lived in Oz at all because you were in NZ.

I would get Oz PR spouse visa, then qualify for Oz passport (citizen) then go and work (forever if you want) in NZ.

I'm not too sure how it all works.

Last edited by Alfresco; Feb 17th 2010 at 6:41 pm.
Old Feb 17th 2010, 7:05 pm
BE Enthusiast

lonndongeek has a reputation beyond reputelonndongeek has a reputation beyond reputelonndongeek has a reputation beyond reputelonndongeek has a reputation beyond reputelonndongeek has a reputation beyond reputelonndongeek has a reputation beyond reputelonndongeek has a reputation beyond reputelonndongeek has a reputation beyond reputelonndongeek has a reputation beyond reputelonndongeek has a reputation beyond reputelonndongeek has a reputation beyond repute

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.