Reload this Page >

Some Strange Luck

Some Strange Luck

Old Oct 1st 2003, 8:27 pm
Forum Regular

Location: lincolnshire South of Perth by end of October 03 Please
crabtree is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Some Strange Luck

I have been avoiding my boss for the last couple of months as he has no idea that I will be leaving in 2 weeks for Oz.
Had a letter from him yesterday to attend an important meeting today.
On the way to the meeting I mulled over what to tell him as I tender my resignation. Prior to the meeting I told him that I needed to speek to him urgently afterwards.
I was expecting another boring meeting about company strategy etc. But it was to inform everyone (out of the blue)that we were being made redundant.
Could'nt have planned it better myself.

Tony C

Just need to exchange contracts now.
Old Oct 1st 2003, 8:29 pm
BE Forum Addict

steandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond repute

What a result - good for you!!! Got out just in time eh?!
Old Oct 1st 2003, 8:38 pm
BE Forum Addict

tinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud of

A nice redundancy package to follow I hope!

You got out of that one nicely.
Old Oct 1st 2003, 8:49 pm
BE Forum Addict

podgypossum has a brilliant futurepodgypossum has a brilliant futurepodgypossum has a brilliant futurepodgypossum has a brilliant futurepodgypossum has a brilliant futurepodgypossum has a brilliant future

Originally posted by tinaj
A nice redundancy package to follow I hope!

You got out of that one nicely.
With luck like that i'd go buy a lottery ticket on Saturday!!

Well done mate...good onya!
Old Oct 1st 2003, 10:53 pm

bondipom is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Some Strange Luck

Originally posted by crabtree
I have been avoiding my boss for the last couple of months as he has no idea that I will be leaving in 2 weeks for Oz.
On the way to the meeting I mulled over what to tell him as I tender my resignation. Prior to the meeting I told him that I needed to speek to him urgently afterwards.
I was expecting another boring meeting about company strategy etc. But it was to inform everyone (out of the blue)that we were being made redundant.

Tony C

Did you get a timescale?
Old Oct 1st 2003, 11:19 pm
BE Enthusiast

chris hogan is an unknown quantity at this point

Crabtree it couldn't have worked out much better,hope you negotiated a good redudancy package,as you may need to relocate at some point.Including overseas I'm afraid as people of your expertise are in great demand in the Australasian region.
Old Oct 2nd 2003, 12:35 am
(It's not my real name)

renth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Some Strange Luck

Originally posted by crabtree

Tony C

Congratulations, good plannig. Did you feign outrage?

Make sure they give you a decent package and don't sign anything 'till you've seen a lawyer. In my experience they might try to stich you up.
Old Oct 2nd 2003, 12:58 am

bondipom is an unknown quantity at this point

I could have waited another 8 months for 2 weeks redundancy. 1 week for every year is the statutory min. Was not worth waiting around for.