Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Some Queensland coast climate advice please

Some Queensland coast climate advice please

Old Oct 10th 2020, 5:38 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

BadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Some Queensland coast climate advice please

I confess to noticing how humid Sydney is compared to Melbourne. So it will be interesting to venture back to a QLD summer one day. Haven't managed it in 16 years though!
Old Oct 10th 2020, 6:13 am
Banned

paulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by the troubadour
Sounds to me you are confusing pride with achievement and not location as I believe what was being referred to.
Yep, I understood it the same way you do. Kind of similar to a person being house proud.
Old Oct 12th 2020, 11:27 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Beoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by paulry
Yep, I understood it the same way you do. Kind of similar to a person being house proud.
Yep. You may not have the best house on the street but you are proud of what it is.
Old Oct 12th 2020, 2:35 pm

old.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Beoz
Yep. You may not have the best house on the street but you are proud of what it is.
Being house proud is still a long way different from being proud of where you live in terms of location.

I get being house proud, I get being proud of achievements (of which house proud would most likely also fit) - but not proud of a location so I think I'm with MP.
Old Oct 12th 2020, 7:59 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Beoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by old.sparkles
Being house proud is still a long way different from being proud of where you live in terms of location.

I get being house proud, I get being proud of achievements (of which house proud would most likely also fit) - but not proud of a location so I think I'm with MP.
I'm with Paulry and for a rare instance, troubadour. Most people are proud of their house and its location.
Old Oct 13th 2020, 1:32 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

the troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond repute

I'm with Paulry and for a rare instance, troubadour. Most people are proud of their house and its location.
Not so fast. We remain, as per usual; on very different pages. Sounds like you are reading from a different book altogether.
I do not get the concept of pride in location nor particularly in a house. I can like where I live but take pride if that is the term you prefer to use, in personal accomplishments,
not in location or material possession. Like and pride are very different. Probably more a sense of ambiguity would replace pride in the context you use it in.
There are always far better houses in much more dynamic locations .
Old Oct 13th 2020, 2:27 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by the troubadour
Not so fast. We remain, as per usual; on very different pages. Sounds like you are reading from a different book altogether.
I do not get the concept of pride in location nor particularly in a house. I can like where I live but take pride if that is the term you prefer to use, in personal accomplishments,
not in location or material possession. Like and pride are very different. Probably more a sense of ambiguity would replace pride in the context you use it in.
There are always far better houses in much more dynamic locations .
OK. Of course. You don't like where you live. However I do agree with what you said in post 30
Old Oct 13th 2020, 2:39 am

old.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond repute

OK. Of course. You don't like where you live. However I do agree with what you said in post 30
Do you not see that there is a difference between liking where you live, and being proud of it?

I like where I live for sure, I chose the area because I like it, but I'm not proud of it. There are plenty of other nice areas I could have chosen, and I'm equally not ashamed of those areas because I did not choose to buy a house there.
Old Oct 13th 2020, 4:25 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by old.sparkles
Do you not see that there is a difference between liking where you live, and being proud of it?

I like where I live for sure, I chose the area because I like it, but I'm not proud of it. There are plenty of other nice areas I could have chosen, and I'm equally not ashamed of those areas because I did not choose to buy a house there.
Would you defend it if its qualities were questioned?
Old Oct 13th 2020, 7:55 am
Banned

paulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond repute

Remind me, what was the argument about again?
Old Oct 13th 2020, 7:56 am
Banned

Ah got ya. It was about MP defending the reputation of where she lives....
Old Oct 13th 2020, 9:13 pm
Officially Bewildered

Dreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond repute

Ah got ya. It was about MP defending the reputation of where she lives....
Obviously MP needs to do a youtube video so you can see that your statement above is really not a valid description of her posts.

I understand that you struggle with the written word, so would that help you?
Old Oct 13th 2020, 11:33 pm

Depends if what was stated was factual and accurate or not.

If someone is stating an opinion, I'd probably just nod and agree until they went away

Remind me, what was the argument about again?
Yeah, sorry - we should get back on topic. I really can't offer much advice on Queensland coast climate - only visited once and that was only for a few days.