Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Some POMs, an Esky & the Botanical Gardens, Melbourne (Sat 21 Feb)

Some POMs, an Esky & the Botanical Gardens, Melbourne (Sat 21 Feb)

Old Feb 11th 2009, 8:48 am
Just Joined

Cumbrian Vic is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Some POMs, an Esky & the Botanical Gardens, Melbourne (Sat 21 Feb)

Following the success of the South Yarra meet up (thanks Jools) round 2 will be a Saturday picnic in the Botanical Gardens, Melbourne. BYO drinks, nibbles and personalities!

4 couples (and potentially their pooches!) have already confirmed. General age range of those confirmed is from mid-20's to late 30's, professionals with no kids.

Plan is to meet from 3pm. We will be scoping out the Gardens this weekend for a good picnic spot so will confirm location nearer the time.

Hope to see you there (and fingers crossed for nice weather!)
Old Feb 11th 2009, 9:13 am
Just Joined

Laura-Hawthorn is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Some POMs, an Esky & the Botanical Gardens, Melbourne (Sat 21 Feb)

hey

sounds fantastic but unfortunately we cant make it - AGAIN! we have a wedding on the 21st! gutted!

i promise to make the next one!

have fun!xx
Old Feb 11th 2009, 10:37 pm
Forum Regular

neil_hick has much to be proud ofneil_hick has much to be proud ofneil_hick has much to be proud ofneil_hick has much to be proud ofneil_hick has much to be proud ofneil_hick has much to be proud ofneil_hick has much to be proud ofneil_hick has much to be proud ofneil_hick has much to be proud ofneil_hick has much to be proud ofneil_hick has much to be proud of

yup, we'll be there. but i dont think it would be a good idea to bring the pup. not unless you want all your food to be eaten, licked to within an inch of you life and worn out by limitless puppy energy!

and hey, come on laura! we're starting to get paranoid that you think we smell or something!
Old Feb 15th 2009, 8:32 pm
Forum Regular

neil_hick has much to be proud ofneil_hick has much to be proud ofneil_hick has much to be proud ofneil_hick has much to be proud ofneil_hick has much to be proud ofneil_hick has much to be proud ofneil_hick has much to be proud ofneil_hick has much to be proud ofneil_hick has much to be proud ofneil_hick has much to be proud ofneil_hick has much to be proud of

hey vic,

how did the reccy go at the gardens? find a good pitch? put some towels down to reserve it?
Old Feb 16th 2009, 1:35 am
Just Joined

Got lazy over the weekend and didn't make it. Heading for a pre-dinner saunter this evening so will let you know.
Old Feb 17th 2009, 12:01 am
FREE TIBET

Bernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond repute

Pomms AND an esky,i predict a riot
Old Feb 17th 2009, 6:13 am
South Yarra Sheila

JoolsB has a reputation beyond reputeJoolsB has a reputation beyond reputeJoolsB has a reputation beyond reputeJoolsB has a reputation beyond reputeJoolsB has a reputation beyond reputeJoolsB has a reputation beyond reputeJoolsB has a reputation beyond reputeJoolsB has a reputation beyond reputeJoolsB has a reputation beyond reputeJoolsB has a reputation beyond reputeJoolsB has a reputation beyond repute

Bumping this post!

What food are you guys bringing?

Thought we'd supply a load of roast chicken drumsticks, tzatzkiki dip, rice crackers and watermelon plus some drinkies of course.
Old Feb 18th 2009, 12:41 pm
Forum Regular

hawkwind is just really nicehawkwind is just really nicehawkwind is just really nicehawkwind is just really nicehawkwind is just really nicehawkwind is just really nicehawkwind is just really nicehawkwind is just really nicehawkwind is just really nice

Is there room for one more???

I was hoping to be in the area to look at a possible rental for myself from April, so wondered if I could pop on by afterwards???

Should be able to bring a few drinks (unfortunately I don't drink alcohol so have no idea about whats good beer-wise, but I'll bring some soft drinks)......

Only been in Melbourne for 3 weeks now, so still getting to know the place (although the CBD is where I spend most time......)

If you could confirm where, that would be cool.

Cheers

Rick
Old Feb 19th 2009, 7:09 am
Just Joined

Aly_James is an unknown quantity at this point

Hey we will bring something sweet, they haven't forecast rain have they?
Old Feb 19th 2009, 8:29 am
Just Joined

Hi all

We have now managed to drag our sorry arses out and had a very pleasant evening wandering around the RBG looking for a good picnic spot. We managed to whittle it down to a short list!!

We have selected a spot near the Nymphaea Lily Lake (from gate E you pass point no 16 on the right, please see the link for the map and we will be parked just above no 16 near the dark green spot! We can’t promise an actual no. 16 will be there on the day but the map should make it clear!) (http://www.rbg.vic.gov.au/__data/pag...enMap_2007.pdf)

Figured this was a good place to set up base camp to start with so everyone can find us. We can always move further into the Gardens once we have lightened the picnic hampers somewhat!

Saturdays weather is forecast to be a very pleasant 25 degrees C.

Hope to see you all there!!!
Old Feb 20th 2009, 3:33 am
Just Joined

Also meant to confirm yesterday that we will bring crisps (no, not chips!!!!!!) and some sandwichy type stuff, plus beers of course
Old Feb 20th 2009, 11:32 pm
Forum Regular

hey all,

I dont think Becca and I will be coming this afternoon. Ive had a stomach bug most of the week and and have been hoping it would clear up, but I still feel rotten. Lost 3kg in a many days, and my diet consists of dry toast and water.....Im guessing you'd rather I not bring an esky full of that along! hehe

anyway, I hope you all have a great time, have a few bottles of vino and enjoy yourselves xxxx
Old Feb 21st 2009, 2:11 am
Just Joined

Neil, real shame you guys can't make it We were looking forward to sampling some home baking!! Probably best not to spread the bug around, although am sure the consumption of alcohol will kill off any viruses!

Hope you guys have a good weekend anyway and we'll see you soon
Old Feb 22nd 2009, 1:30 am
Forum Regular

so then....how did it go? any casualties? much food and wine consumed? so gutted we couldnt make it.....
Old Feb 23rd 2009, 10:47 am
Forum Regular

hawkwind is just really nicehawkwind is just really nicehawkwind is just really nicehawkwind is just really nicehawkwind is just really nicehawkwind is just really nicehawkwind is just really nicehawkwind is just really nicehawkwind is just really nice

was a good afternoon..... funny to see that wedding party doing the conga through the trees.....

here's to the next one......

Rick